About Attorney David Bressman
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Board of Education – Worthington Schools – 2002-2013; Board President in 2005, 2009 & 2013
- Long suffering fan of the Cleveland Browns and Cleveland Indians [but no longer the Cavs!]
Partial List of Awards, Memberships, Authorships, and Professional Presentations:
Awards & Honors
- ColumbusCEO Magazine “Top Lawyer,” multiple years. http://www.columbusceo.com/business/20170330/top-lawyers-2017.
- Better Business Bureau Accredited business with an A+ Rating
- Martindale-Hubbell™ Highest Peer Review Rating of “AV Preeminent.” AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment – testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Avvo™ Highest rating of “Superb.”
- American Association for Justice
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Central Ohio Association for Justice
- Assoc. of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America. A national association of committed lawyers who have joined together to help eliminate unsafe and illegal interstate trucking practices.
- American Society of Legal Advocates [ASLA]. Top 100 Litigation Lawyer in The State of Ohio. ASLA is “an invitation-only, nationwide organization of elite lawyers in practice today who combine stellar legal credentials with a proven commitment to community engagement and the highest professional standards.”
- “What You Have to Prove at Trial to Win Your Personal Injury Claim”
- “So You Are Going to Trial on Your Injury Claim – What Do You Have to Prove?”
- “He Said What? Dealing with the Over-The-Top Litigator in Closing Argument”
- “The Traumatic Brain Injury Treatment Team: the Neuropsychologist”
- “The Top 11 Questions You Should Ask When Finding Treatment for Your Brain Injury”
- “The Traumatic Brain Injury Treatment Team – the Occupational Therapist”
- “Traumatic Brain Injury: by the [Staggering] Numbers”
- Negotiating Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist Claims
- Premises Cases. Liability? Or Asset?
- Columbus Bar Association, 6th Annual Trial Skills Seminar
Karen is an OSBA Certified Paralegal and an American Alliance Certified Paralegal. She has worked at The Law Offices of David Bressman since April 1998. She received a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Mathematics from Otterbein College in 1997, and is currently attending Franklin University with a focus in Accounting and Forensic Accounting. Karen’s duties include setting up depositions, obtaining client medical records and billings, compiling special damages sheets along with RvB’s for client files, preparing drafts of documents for filing, prepare invoices, prepare trial exhibits along with trial notebooks, and client file maintenance.
Karen is a member of numerous Paralegal Organizations: PACO – Paralegal Association of Columbus Ohio; NALA – National Association of Legal Assistants; NFPA – National Federation of Paralegal Associations; AAPI – American Alliance of Paralegals, Inc. OSBA – Ohio State Bar Association; the CBA – Columbus Bar Association; and the American Association for Justice. Karen is a huge Ohio State Buckeye Fan and proudly displays her collection in her office. She resides with her husband of 25 years, David and their cat Makaylah. They have two sons, Jedidiah who recently passed the Ohio Bar Exam and is an Assistant Attorney General and Jared who is currently attending Franklin University with a focus in Communication and is a manager for Speedway.