- Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Board of Education – Worthington Schools – 2002-2013; Board President in 2005, 2009 & 2013
- Long suffering fan of the Cleveland Browns and Cleveland Indians [but no longer the Cavs since they won a championship]
- I like Star Trek [even Deep Space 9], Star Wars [except Jar Jar Binks of course], X-Files [except the reboot] and almost anything science fiction-wise including books, TV and movies.
- I like almost any kind of music, especially 80’s rock but dislike most Country music [my wife loves Country music]
- Will debate you endlessly on the best chicken wing restaurant in Columbus.
Partial List of Awards, Memberships, Authorships, and Professional Presentations:
Awards & Honors
- ColumbusCEO Magazine “Top Lawyer,” multiple years. http://www.columbusceo.com/business/20170330/top-lawyers-2017.
- Better Business Bureau Accredited business with an A+ Rating
- Martindale-Hubbell™ Highest Peer Review Rating of “AV Preeminent.” AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment – testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Avvo™ Highest rating of “Superb.”
- American Association for Justice
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Central Ohio Association for Justice
- Assoc. of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America. A national association of committed lawyers who have joined together to help eliminate unsafe and illegal interstate trucking practices.
- American Society of Legal Advocates [ASLA]. Top 100 Litigation Lawyer in The State of Ohio. ASLA is “an invitation-only, nationwide organization of elite lawyers in practice today who combine stellar legal credentials with a proven commitment to community engagement and the highest professional standards.”
- “What You Have to Prove at Trial to Win Your Personal Injury Claim”
- “So You Are Going to Trial on Your Injury Claim – What Do You Have to Prove?”
- “He Said What? Dealing with the Over-The-Top Litigator in Closing Argument”
- “The Traumatic Brain Injury Treatment Team: the Neuropsychologist”
- “The Top 11 Questions You Should Ask When Finding Treatment for Your Brain Injury”
- “The Traumatic Brain Injury Treatment Team – the Occupational Therapist”
- “Traumatic Brain Injury: by the [Staggering] Numbers”
- Negotiating Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist Claims
- Premises Cases. Liability? Or Asset?
- Columbus Bar Association, 6th Annual Trial Skills Seminar