Brain injuries can affect the way that you think, behave, and feel, and may be caused by the impact of a car accident. The side effects of a brain injury may be more severe than other injuries and may require extensive medical care to recover from.
If you sustained a brain injury due to someone else’s negligence and now suffer several financial damages, you might be entitled to collect compensation. A Dublin, OH brain injury caused by car accident lawyer can guide you through the litigation process and help you seek compensation for your accident-related losses.
The team at Bressman Law may assist if you or a loved one suffered an injury from a car accident in Dublin, OH, or any of the surrounding areas. Call our law firm today at (614) 538-1116 for a free consultation about our legal services.
Car Accidents Lead to Over 1,000 Fatalities Every Year in Ohio
Motorists have a responsibility to act responsibly every time that they get behind the wheel of a car. Failing to do so could result in serious injury or even death. The Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSHP) documents the extent of fatal car accidents in Ohio. According to their data, in 2019, there were:
- 1,155 traffic-related fatalities
- 1,041 accidents resulting in a fatality
- 128 pedestrians who died because of traffic accidents
If your loved one passed away because of a brain injury caused by a car accident in Dublin, OH, you may be able to collect compensation for losses related to their passing.
The Possible Effects of a Brain Injury
The Mayo Clinic explores the possible consequences of traumatic brain injury (TBI), noting that motor vehicle accidents are a possible cause of such injuries. It states that the possible health outcomes of a brain injury include:
- Prolonged loss of consciousness or falling into a comatose state
- Complete “brain death,” which stops all activity in the brain
- Minimal consciousness
- Changes in speech
- Changes in behavior, possibly including one’s emotional state
- Persisting confusion
- Seizures and convulsions
- Disrupted sleep
- Unexplained drowsiness
If you suspect you or a loved one sustained a brain injury from a car accident, seek medical attention as soon as possible, especially if you or your loved one experience any of the listed symptoms above.
The severity of brain injuries may vary from one case to another, but the injury should be taken seriously in any case. A Dublin, OH, brain injury caused by car accident lawyer may represent you on your behalf and manage your case, which can allow you more time to focus on your or your loved one’s health.
Call Bressman Law today at (614) 538-1116 to find out how we can serve your needs in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a brain injury caused by car accidents lawyer serving Dublin, call (614) 538-1116
A Brain Injury Can Interrupt Your Life
Car accidents may cause minor or major inconvenience, ranging from having to miss a day of work to suffering pain and other physical symptoms for weeks or months. If you sustained a brain injury in a car accident, you might be facing severe, long-lasting problems that affect multiple areas of your life.
The hardship that you experience from your brain injury may count as losses when you are seeking compensation. Some of your losses might include:
- An inability to work for an indefinite period of time
- A restricted capacity to work
- Complete loss of income or severely diminished earning power
- Medical costs for emergency care, diagnosing your injury, treating your injury, and rehabilitating your injury
- Vehicle damage or loss, including the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Psychological damage
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Permanent disability
- Loss of independence, meaning you require a part- or full-time caregiver
Your lawyer may create a record of your losses and determine their value. As your lawyer negotiates a settlement or argues your case at trial, they may use this figure as a compensation goal.
Dublin Brain Injury Caused by Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (614) 538-1116
Your Lawyer May Offer Several Legal Services to Help You Pursue Compensation
Hiring a lawyer is a decision that may provide several benefits. Getting a lawyer to manage your case may allow you to focus your attention elsewhere, such as on your health. Your legal team may handle a wide array of duties related to your lawsuit or insurance claim, such as:
- Protecting you from making any statements or taking any actions that could negatively affect your ability to pursue compensation
- Collecting available evidence related to your accident
- Determining which parties might be responsible for your accident and losses
- Making the case that you are the victim of negligence
- Filing your lawsuit and completing necessary paperwork
- Remaining aware of relevant deadlines
- Negotiating a settlement with an insurance company or the defendants’ attorneys
- Defending your rights throughout your time as their client
- Ensuring your claim or lawsuit reaches completion
Call Bressman Law Today
The team at Bressman Law understands the trauma that might come from a car accident, like a brain injury. We want to take the burden of handling a personal injury case off your shoulders and offer our services to help you pursue compensation for your losses. Let us help you gather evidence to support your claim or lawsuit, and we can strategize how to help you fight for what you may be entitled to collect.
Call Bressman Lawn today at (614) 538-1116 for additional details about how a Dublin, OH, brain injury caused by car accident lawyer can assist you or your loved one.