Nobody expects to get in a car accident in Dublin, OH. However, when they do, Bressman Law can help victims recover compensation. David Bressman has been serving personal injury clients for more than 30 years. We can stand by you from the beginning to the end of your case.
If you or a loved one suffered a soft tissue injury in a car accident on Interstate 270, Sawmill Road, Memorial Drive, or elsewhere in Dublin, OH, our soft tissue injury lawyers can help you pursue financial recovery.
Compensable Damages In Dublin, OH
If you suffered soft tissue injuries or other physical harm due to another driver’s negligent actions, our attorneys can help you pursue awards for your medical care and more. In general, Ohio personal injury victims can seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering, including physical pain, mental anguish, and emotional suffering stemming from your accident and injuries
- Medical bills, including all past and future treatment costs, such as emergency department care, doctor bills, and mediations
- The cost of physical therapy and other forms of rehabilitation, including mobility aids and therapy devices
- Lost wages, including bonuses, tips, and benefits
- Loss of future earning capacity, including savings and retirement contributions
- Damage to your vehicle, including the cost of repairs of the value of a comparable replacement
We understand that calculating your losses may be the last thing on your mind when dealing with an injury. Our Dublin soft tissue injury lawyers will work to identify your out-of-pocket costs, lost income, and other damages by reviewing your bills, pay stubs, and other records. Additionally, we may enlist the help of experts to evaluate your future medical expenses and the impact of your injury on your ability to work.
Call us to learn more about working with our Dublin, OH, soft tissue injury lawyers to seek the damages you may be owed.
For a free legal consultation with a soft tissue injury attorney in Dublin, call (614) 538-1116
Types of Soft Tissue Injuries
Soft tissue injuries can require lengthy recovery periods and intensive medical care. In the aftermath of a collision, you may be in pain or face limitations to your physical abilities. Johns Hopkins Medicine explains that soft tissue injuries can affect the ligaments, muscles, and tendons.
Some examples of soft tissue injuries include:
- Strains. This injury typically happens when you overexert a muscle or tendon, but it can also be caused by other means.
- The impact of the collision may have caused your neck to quickly jerk back and forth. Whiplash can cause neck pain, muscle stiffness, and headaches.
- Also known as bruises, this can happen when a sudden force is applied to an area.
- Generally affecting the wrists, knees, and ankles, this injury happens when a ligament partially tears.
You may be experiencing other types of soft tissue injuries beyond those listed here. By visiting a healthcare provider, you can gain more insight into your diagnosis, prognosis, and necessary treatments.
Dublin Soft Tissue Injury Attorney (614) 538-1116
You Will Need to Prove the Severity of Your Injuries
When negotiating a settlement, you will need to prove that you were injured as a result of another party’s negligence. The insurance adjuster may ask for proof of your injuries, even if you are obviously hurt. Our Dublin, OH, soft tissue injury lawyers can gather this information for you. They can consult with your medical team and ask questions about your condition, including how long it will take for you to fully recover.
The following pieces of information could prove that you suffered a soft tissue injury in a collision:
- Your imaging scan results
- Your medical records
- Testimony from your doctor and other medical professionals
- Photographs of your impairments
- The names of your prescribed medications
Bressman Law is ready to take on your case. You do not need to worry about gathering evidence with us on your side. While we manage your legal process, you can spend time with your family, focus on your recovery period, and put this hard time behind you. To begin a free case review with a member of our Ohio law firm, reach out to our offices.
Click to contact our Dublin Car Accident Lawyers today
We Can Prove Liability for Your Accident
You will need to prove that your injuries resulted from another party’s negligent or reckless actions to win your case. Examples of driver negligence include:
- Distracted driving
- Following too closely
- Drunk driving
- Speeding or traveling too fast for current conditions
- Disobeying traffic lights or signs
- Traveling in the wrong lane
- Aggressive driving (road rage)
- Failure to yield
Sometimes, vehicle and road problems can also contribute to an accident, such as a blown tire, faulty brakes, or broken traffic light. If vehicle or road problems were a factor in your crash, we can pursue awards from a liable manufacturer or government or private roadway owner. We will prove who or what caused your crash using evidence that may include:
- Eyewitness statements
- Crash reconstruction reports
- Cell phone or surveillance video or your accident
- Police reports
- Physical evidence from the crash site, such as photos of skid marks, debris, and broken glass
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Can Protect Your Rights Against Uncooperative Insurance Companies
Insurance plans are meant to provide coverage in the event of an unforeseeable incident, like a car accident. You may think that upon filing your insurance claim, your case will effectively end. This may not be the case. Insurance companies may look for ways to lower or reduce your settlement, for instance.
Bressman Law knows how to deal with insurance companies. We can represent you in the face of unfair tactics that are meant to delay the progression of your claim.
To resolve your case through an insurance settlement, we can:
- Prove how negligence resulted in your injuries
- Present the details of your case in the form of a demand letter
- Negotiate a settlement
- Fight for the coverage to which you may be entitled
- Handle all emails, phone calls, and messages from the claims adjuster
After getting hurt in a car accident, you deserve to focus your time and energy on recovering. You do not need an uncooperative insurance company to add to your stress. Let Bressman Law manage all dealings with the insurer. You can call us today to receive your free case review.
You May Need to File a Car Accident Lawsuit
You may be able to reach a settlement with the insurance company through negotiations. However, if the insurer does not agree to compensate you fairly, then we can file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10 notes that you generally have two years from the day of your accident to file suit.
To progress your lawsuit, our lawyers can:
- Interview witnesses
- Consult with your healthcare team and third-party accident reconstruction specialists
- File your case within the state’s deadline
- Name the defendant in your lawsuit
- Present your case in court
Sometimes, after filing a lawsuit, the insurer will agree to your terms. You can find out more about how a lawsuit may work by consulting with our lawyers.
Steps to Take After Suffering a Soft Tissue Injury
Bressman Law can handle every aspect of your Dublin car accident case. There are some things that you can do to help us accomplish this, however.
You can promote the success of your case by:
- Limiting your social media presence. Even if you think your pages are private, they may not be. This can jeopardize your case as your photos or posts may give the claims adjuster evidence that you are faking your injury. You should limit your social media use throughout the duration of your case.
- Completing your medical care. You may think that your soft tissue injury will heal on its own. This may not be true based on the severity of your condition. If your doctor prescribes physical therapy or another measure to help you recover, you should complete it.
- Being police but brief with insurance adjusters. An insurance agent may contact you with questions about your accident. Only give basic information, like the date, time, and location of your accident. Do not go into detail about your injuries or speculate about the cause of your crash. You do not want to provide the insurance adjuster with the information they could later use against you. Remain polite, but insist that further communications go through your attorney.
- Refusing to give a recorded statement. The liable insurance company may ask you to give a recorded statement, saying that doing so gives you the chance to share your story. Really, they may be looking for you to admit fault. They may even use software to edit the recording into something you did not intend.
Call our team today to learn more about what considerations could help your case.
Bressman Law Serves People in Ohio
The team at Bressman Law has more than 60 years of combined legal experience. We are passionate about helping victims in Dublin, OH, and the surrounding communities get the compensation they need to get their lives back on track. We fight for you so that you can focus on what is most important – your health and your family. Our Dublin, OH, soft tissue injury lawyers are ready to help you pursue compensation. We do not require anything up front or out-of-pocket to break ground on your case. You do not need to worry about paying us until your case is over. To contact a representative from Bressman Law, call our offices today. A member of our team is available 24/7 to take your call, answer your questions, and provide you with a free consultation.