Designers, manufacturers, and retailers are to ensure that products are properly made and marketed to the public. In the event they fail to recall a batch of defective products or warn everyone about their potential dangers, consumers are vulnerable to injuries.
If you or a loved one got hurt because of a defective product, our product liability lawyers serving Marysville, Ohio can help you hold the liable party to account. Bressman Law will review your case for free and determine your options for compensation.
An Overview of Your Legal Rights in an Ohio Product Liability Case
If you were injured by a defective product, you have the right to bring a product liability case against the liable party—whether it be the manufacturer, retailer, supplier, or designer. Any of these entities could have been irresponsible for the following:
- They failed to properly design the product: It always posed a risk to the consumer.
- There was a manufacturing defect: The product deviates from its intended design.
- They failed to market the product effectively: The product’s label didn’t warn the consumer about possible risks of injury or instruct the consumer how to properly use the product.
Common defective products include children’s toys, auto parts, medical devices and medications, lawn equipment, and many other products.
Once we figure out how the product defect injured you, we can apply one of two legal approaches to pursue your case for compensation:
- Prove negligence: We will show that the liable party owed you a duty of care, breached it, and caused your injuries that led to your damages.
- Strict liability: This most commonly applies to product liability cases. We would simply need to show that the defective product caused your injuries—and the manufacturer may be liable even if they attempted to fix or prevent the defect.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability lawyer serving Marysville, call (614) 538-1116
How a Product Liability Lawyer With Our Firm Serving Marysville, OH Can Assist You
Managing personal injury cases is never easy. Product liability cases can be especially daunting when you’re going up against big corporations with a team of attorneys and insurance representatives.
Instead of taking on the liable party on your own, allow an attorney with Bressman Law to take your place. We will:
- Guide you throughout the legal process and answer all of your questions
- Collect necessary evidence, including recall announcements, photos of your injury, or medical records
- Name the liable manufacturer, designer, or retailer and hold them responsible
- Speak with the other party’s insurance and legal representatives
- Comply with relevant deadlines enforced by the state
- Negotiate a fair figure for a settlement
- Represent you in a trial, if necessary
Whether or not you can afford to hire our team should not be a concern to you. At Bressman Law, we work for our product liability clients on contingency. So, there are no startup costs, out-of-pocket or hourly expenses, or retainers.
Our fee comes from the settlement or court award we obtain for you. If we don’t win your case, we don’t receive a payment. You have nothing to lose under this fee arrangement.
Marysville Product Liability Lawyer Near Me (614) 538-1116
Damages You Can Seek in a Product Liability Case in Ohio
How much compensation claimants can secure for a product liability case varies, so there is no way to say what the average settlement amount is. However, when we study your case, we will consider how certain factors have impacted your mental, physical, and financial states.
Some such factors are:
- The defective product that injured you
- Your injuries and prognosis
- Any cognitive or physical restrictions you incurred
- Your current and expected medical expenses
From there, we may find that you are entitled to recover damages for:
- Past and future medical bills: For doctor’s visits, surgery, medications, assistive devices, or follow-up care
- Pain and suffering: For any discomfort or stress your injury has caused you
- Lost income: For the time you had to take off work to recover
- Reduced earning potential: For the pay you won’t earn if you can’t return to work for the foreseeable future
- Scarring and disfigurement: For the ways your injuries have changed your appearance or physical capabilities
- Mental anguish: For the mental and emotional distress your injuries or the experience has caused you
If your loved one lost their life to a defective product, you can file a wrongful death action that accounts for the decedent’s funeral and medical bills, your loss of financial support, and other damages.
How Long You Have to Seek Damages in Ohio After Defective Product Injuries
Ohio enforces strict time limits for product liability victims who wish to take legal action against liable parties.
- Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10 generally permits two years to file a product liability lawsuit.
- In most cases, those who lost a loved one to a product liability accident have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, according to Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02.
We recommend that you get our team involved in your case early so that we can get started on your case as soon as possible. Delaying risks our missing the filing deadline. In that case, your lawsuit could be thrown out of the Ohio court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Past Client Reviews Speak to Our Commitment to Service
Our firm has collected millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients. In doing so, we make sure we provide the highest level of client support. Former clients of ours can attest to this commitment.
Check a couple of them out:
- “David and his staff at Bressman Law are absolutely the best ! David was upfront and honest with us from the very beginning. He told us what to expect and the timeline of the case as it proceeded. We followed his advice and received a very nice settlement…” – Steve H.
- “You can depend on Mr. Bressman to treat you with dignity, professionalism and most of all great care in what he does! He is thorough and effective… He was a great representative for me and I recommend him and his team – highly.” – Bari S.
Turn to Bressman Law for Help With Your Marysville, OH Product Liability Case
If you hire a lawyer with Bressman Law for help with your product liability case, you should know that we will handle all aspects of it while you focus on getting your health back in check.
Learn more about our services in a free consultation today. Connect with us at (877) 538-1116.