Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can completely alter the course of your life. After a TBI, you might have difficulty standing, speaking, or walking. Luckily, you may have recourse for your injury. If you believe another party was responsible for your TBI in Pickerington, Ohio, state law allows you to file a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim.
A Pickerington traumatic brain injury lawyer at Bressman Law has years of personal injury and TBI case experience. Our team can guide you through every step and help you get back to supporting your family during this difficult time.
What Is My Traumatic Brain Injury Case Worth?
Traumatic brain injuries can occur in various accidents, from bicycle crashes to automotive collisions. The contexts of these accidents vary greatly. Therefore, no two traumatic brain injury cases will have the same value. The evidence involved in your case will play a role, as will legal proceedings and insurance negotiations.
That said, you can typically claim these damages in a traumatic brain injury case:
- Costs related to household tasks that you can no longer complete
- Upfront medical costs, like life support or hospital stays
- Ongoing medical expenses, like therapy or required medication
- Present and future lost income resulting from an inability to work
- Property damaged in your accident, like a car or bicycle
- Assistive devices (e.g., a wheelchair) or home modifications to accommodate your changed abilities
- Pain and suffering and other related emotional damages
The confluence of these factors will determine the fair value of your case. Therefore, it isn’t easy to estimate what your case may be worth without an expert analysis.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury attorney in Pickerington, call (614) 538-1116
Who Has Liability in a Traumatic Brain Injury Case?
Because TBIs can occur in many ways, liable parties can come in many forms. To determine liability in these cases, our team will use one of these legal principles:
- Negligence law
- Strict liability law
- Premises liability law
- Product liability law
Possible liable parties in a traumatic brain injury case include:
- A negligent driver
- A negligent property owner
- A product manufacturer
- A medical practitioner
We can help you determine liability in your case and identify who the liable party or parties might be. Our team at Bressman Law is experienced in personal injury law and can help you determine the direction of your case.
Pickerington Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney (614) 538-1116
What Can a Pickerington Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Do for Me?
The team at Bressman Law offers a wide range of legal services designed to make your life as easy as possible after your or your loved one’s accident, including:
- A detailed investigation into your case
- Collecting evidence, including the police report of your incident
- Communicating with expert witnesses to better understand the extent of your injuries
- Managing communications with insurers and the liable party’s representatives
- Filing an insurance claim to secure compensation
- Filing a lawsuit if needed
- Defending your rights every step of the process
This is only a tiny slice of the legal tools we can provide. If you’d like to know more about our services, we’d happily answer any questions you may have during a free, no-obligation consultation.
Click to contact our Pickerington Personal Injury Lawyers today
The Benefits of Choosing Bressman Law
At Bressman Law, we’ve served personal injury and traumatic brain injury clients for more than 30 years. This commitment to legal support means we have an in-depth understanding of regional legal precedents and customs.
Our team has secured substantial settlements for many clients. Some have been above $1,000,000. However, our case results only paint part of the picture. Positive testimonials from our clients demonstrate our commitment to care, compassion, and responsiveness:
- “This law firm is dedicated not only to providing legal counsel in the area of personal injury, but also to recognizing students nationally each year, whether they are clients or not, who have sustained a traumatic brain injury by offering and awarding an academic scholarship. My son was this year’s recipient. Being involved in projects such as this takes time and commitment. If you hire them, you know you are working with people who take that extra step.” – Sherry R.
- “David Bressman and his associates are professional and easy to work with. They go above and beyond to make sure your questions and concerns are answered, making the experience a lot less stressful. I truly would recommend them to anyone.” – Jacqueline A.
How Much do Our Services Cost?
Traumatic brain injuries can sideline you from your life. You may face a mountain of medical bills and be unable to work. Our pricing plan takes this into account. At Bressman Law, we offer a pricing plan that protects the interests of our clients:
- Contingency fee pricing: We work on contingency, meaning our payment is contingent on you winning your case. If you receive compensation from an insurance settlement or court award, our payment will be a percentage of your payout.
- Free case evaluations: We offer free case reviews to our clients. We’ll review your case during this stage and determine the best way for us to work together going forward.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Long do I Have to File a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim or Suit in Pickerington?
Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10 mandates that personal injury cases, including TBIs, usually have a filing deadline of two years after you sustained your injury. This may sound like ample time; however, case details or other roadblocks can sideline your case.
If you’ve experienced a traumatic brain injury and believe another party may be at fault, it’s critical to begin legal proceedings as soon as possible. The court will likely bar your claim if you attempt to file outside the two-year window.
What Should I Do After a Traumatic Brain Injury?
There are a few steps you can take after suffering a traumatic brain injury to keep your case on track:
- Immediately seek medical attention to address pressing issues
- Maintain a detailed ledger of your medical treatments and expenses
- Keep track of lost income (e.g., wages, tips, bonuses, and retirement contributions)
- Document and follow through with recommended medical procedures
- Gather contact information of parties involved in your case
Essentially, maintaining detailed documentation of anything relevant to your case is important after a traumatic brain injury. In addition, information about your case could prove critical during the settlement process. Our team can also provide clerical support and help you stay organized throughout your case.
Contact a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Serving Pickerington Today
At Bressman Law, we offer free case evaluations. We’re ready to hear the details of your case, and we’re committed to providing you with legal support as you navigate the challenges associated with your TBI. We can protect your or your loved one’s rights. Call today to get started.
Call or text (614) 538-1116 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form