In a busy town like Westerville, both cyclists and vehicles often share the road. If you ride your bicycle recreationally or as a method of transportation, accidents can happen. If you were injured in a bicycle accident, it is possible to recover damages for your suffering and other damages.
Our bicycle accident lawyer serving Westerville can help you find out if you have grounds to file a claim or lawsuit based on the details of your accident.
Recoverable Damages for Victims of Westerville Bicycle Accidents
The types of compensation you could potentially recover following your bicycle accident could be dependent on the forms of loss you experienced. Additionally, the extent of your injuries or suffering could play a role in the amount of money you are awarded.
Recoverable damages include but are not limited to:
- Compensation for emotional suffering
- Damages in wrongful death claims
- Compensation for any lost wages that you were unable to claim after missing work following your accident
- Reimbursement for legal fees accumulated during your claim
- Reimbursement for medical bills, physical therapy, medications, and other expenses related to your injuries
- Compensation for your bicycle or other property lost or damaged in your accident
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accident attorney in Westerville, call (614) 538-1116
Hiring a Lawyer From Our Firm Can Help
It could be beneficial for you to hire a lawyer from our firm if you are thinking about filing a claim. Lawyers can help you put the facts of your case together in a way that proves a third party was to blame.
Additionally, a team of legal professionals can help you file your paperwork, meet any necessary legal deadlines, answer any questions you have while you are filing your claim, offer general support, and much more.
If you are thinking of filing a claim or are interested in learning more about your options, the bicycle accident lawyers serving Westerville at Bressman Law have a track record of success with cases like yours.
Past Success With Claims Like Yours
Bressman Law has been a part of many successful claims for personal injuries. Testimonials from past clients prove as examples that Bressman Law could potentially help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Choosing the right lawyer could be an important decision that can make or break your claim, so it is important to understand the potential benefits of having a team of legal professionals by your side.
How Much Will It Cost to Hire Legal Help?
One consideration while filing your claim is the potential cost of hiring legal representation. It is difficult to precisely say how much the legal fees associated with your claim might cost. Many lawyers charge by the hour and depending on how complex your case is, your charges could vary.
While legal fees could add up, remember that if your claim is successful, your fees could be reimbursed. Paying for legal counsel in a successful claim could be more financially beneficial than failing to take action and being stuck to bear the financial burden of your accident.
Westerville Bicycle Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
The Effects of a Bicycle Accident
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that bicycle accidents can result in thousands of tragic deaths, hundreds of thousands of injuries, and billions of dollars in damages annually across the United States. If you were among those affected by bicycle accidents, your suffering could include:
- Physical Injuries: Injuries in bicycle accidents could be mild and may result in a full recovery. More severe injuries are also possible, requiring ongoing therapy and having possible long-term effects.
- Emotional Trauma: The emotional effects of an accident are sometimes overlooked. A sudden trauma in your life can impact your mental health. It is common for victims to experience anxiety, stress, sleeplessness, and even depression.
- Financial Loss: If you lost your bicycle or damaged personal property, you know firsthand how a bicycle accident can impact your bank account. Additionally, medical bills, legal fees, and lost income can add to the pile of unexpected bills.
Click to contact our Westerville Personal Injury Lawyers today
Did Someone Else Cause Your Accident?
If a third party contributed to your accident, you could have a case. But believing that a third party is at fault and being able to prove it legally are different things. Our bicycle accident lawyer serving Westerville can review the details leading up to your accident to help you figure out if you have the proof you need for a successful claim.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents are caused by a plethora of factors and conditions that are different in each case. Sometimes a single party is at fault, and in other circumstances, there could be several factors at play. Some common causes of bicycle accidents that could additionally prove third-party liability include but are not limited to:
- Drunk or intoxicated drivers
- Mechanical failures
- Improperly loaded cargo on a truck or large vehicle
- Drivers failing to adhere to stop signs, yield signals, traffic lights, and other laws on the road
- Drivers using their cell phones, GPS systems, or engaging in other forms of distracted behaviors
If you have evidence that another party was responsible for your accident, you could have a case. We can help you decide if filing a claim makes sense for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Statute of Limitations
In Ohio, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is generally two years. What this means is that you typically have two years from the time of your accident or onset of your injuries to file a lawsuit. While this seems like a long time, it can also take time to get your paperwork in order. It could be in your favor to act swiftly in order to ensure your case is still valid under Ohio state law.
Bressman Law Is Available to Help
Bressman Law is available to help you fight for the justice you deserve in Franklin and Delaware counties. Find out more today during a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our team members.