If your family is coping with the unexpected loss of a loved one due to negligence, recklessness, or carelessness, our Worthington wrongful death lawyer will help you seek financial compensation. We will listen to your version of events with compassion and kindness and help you build a strong case for financial compensation.
At Bressman Law, we will explain Ohio’s wrongful death laws including how the state defines wrongful death and which family members can file a wrongful death action. When you trust our team with your family’s case, we take care of the details so you can take care of each other.
Negligence-Based Causes of Wrongful Death in Worthington
When our law firm handles your case, we start by investigating and understanding the cause of your loved one’s demise.
Some causes of wrongful death can in
- Birth injuries
- Car accidents
- Dog bites or attacks
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
Our legal team will conduct an independent investigation into your case to prove the cause of your family’s loss. We will also identify the negligent party and the relevant insurance company.
Compensation We Recover for Your Family
No amount of compensation can make up for the loss of someone you love. If you are the decedent’s parent, spouse, or child, though, our law firm will help you recover compensation that helps you cope with the loss of their support.
We work hard to recover the following damages for your family:
- Loss of your loved one’s financial contributions
- Loss of your loved one’s domestic contributions
- Your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses
- Your mental and emotional pain and suffering
- Your loss of companionship and consortium
To prove the cause of your loved one’s demise and your right to recover damages, we identify the negligent party and prove their duty, breach, causation, and damages. We also make sure you understand each of these legal terms and the role they play in your case.
Our Law Firm Can Handle Your Case From Start to Finish
Proving the cause of your loved one’s demise and preparing an insurance claim or lawsuit are complex and time-consuming activities. In Worthington or any of the nearby communities, the time you have to do so is limited by state law.
In Ohio, the wrongful death statute of limitations is generally two years from the date your loved one passed away, according to Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02. When we represent you, we make sure to file your lawsuit on time. While your lawsuit is more likely to be resolved with a settlement than a trial, we make sure you do not run out of time to seek compensation in the way that best fits your case.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death attorney in Worthington, call (614) 538-1116
Our Bressman Law Team Is on Your Family’s Side
Recovering from the loss of a family member takes time and focus. While your family copes with the emotional and psychological aftermath of your loved one’s demise, our team takes care of the hard work of building your case.
- Identify the at-fault party or parties
- Prove the at-fault party’s negligence
- Calculate the financial value of your case
- Compile evidence that proves your case
- Communicate with all relevant parties
- Complete and submit insurance claim forms
- Negotiate a fair and appropriate settlement
- Take your case to court, if necessary
Our goal is to ensure you have time to focus on your family while we fight for the best possible outcome for you.
See What Previous Clients Say About Bressman Law
We are passionate about helping families recover from the financial aftermath of an unexpected loss. When previous clients talk about our service and support, they say the following:
- Steve H.: “David and his staff at Bressman Law are absolutely the best…He told us what to expect and the timeline of the case as it proceeded. We followed his advice and received a very nice settlement…would recommend Bressman Law to anyone that needs a personal injury lawyer. THANK YOU, BRESSMAN LAW!!!!”
- Dave C.: “I appreciate that Mr. Bressman really listened to what my family and I needed. He sought to facilitate our settlement according to our wishes…We felt that we were his priority and not just to line his pockets…I would recommend Bressman Law 10 times out of 10. First class!”
Additional reviews on our client testimonials page provide important insight into what it means to work with a legal team that is committed to your family’s financial recovery. You can also read about our history of settlements and verdicts on our case results page.
Our Law Firm Will Represent Your Family on a Contingency Fee Basis
The loss of a family member will affect your family emotionally and financially. The last thing your family needs is to add to the financial aftermath of your loss. When we represent you, we do not request any upfront retainer or hourly fee. Instead, we represent you on a contingency fee basis.
At no cost to you, our law firm can:
- Review your family’s case
- Conduct an independent investigation
- Cover all upfront costs related to your case
- Negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurer
- Represent you in court, if necessary
Our fee is contingent on your monetary recovery. We will accept a percentage of your family’s settlement or verdict as compensation. If you are not awarded financial compensation, you do not owe us anything.
Worthington Wrongful Death Attorney (614) 538-1116
Call for a Free Review of Your Wrongful Death Case Today
Has your family lost one of its loved ones due to someone else’s negligence? If so, our wrongful death lawyer a Bressman Law will help your family in Worthington get the financial compensation you are due for the at-fault party’s negligence.
Get a free review of your case by contacting one of our team members today.