If you are looking into hiring a Columbus personal injury attorney after being involved in any type of accident, there are several helpful resources you can begin with as a starting point to find a good lawyer.
Top Resources for Finding the Perfect Attorney
There are thousands of personal injury attorneys in the U.S. How in the world do you begin narrowing your attorney search and locating the Columbus personal injury attorney who best suits your needs?
You can start by using these five readily available resources:
- Referrals - Try asking family, friends, and co-workers for referrals. Make sure the referrals are for local attorneys who specialize in personal injury law. Bankruptcy lawyers and criminal defense lawyers, for example, will be of little use to you.
- Bar Associations - You can check with the Cleveland Bar, the Ohio Bar, or the American Bar Associations for a listing of registered personal injury attorneys in your area.
- Advertisements - You may look into firms you find in the phone book or on television, but keep in mind that their public visibility and marketing claims don’t necessarily mean they’re the best for the job.
- Referral Networks - There is a host of other referral resources you can also use, such as the director of the chamber of commerce, local non-profit groups that have something to do with your type case (i.e., TBI support group), and law librarians.
- Online Searches - The Internet is always a great tool for locating local attorneys, investigating their credentials, and setting up consultations with viable prospects to help find a good lawyer.
Then, after you’ve narrowed your attorney search down to a handful of prospective attorneys, you can begin setting up interviews. When you attend each consultation, you can make the best use of your time by bringing a list of all the questions you may have for the attorney, from their background experience, to how they propose to handle your personal injury case.
Hiring a Columbus Personal Injury Attorney
If you’re in need of a lawyer in the Columbus area, Bressman Law stands ready and able to discuss your case. You can contact our team today at (614) 538-1116 to begin discussing your case with a Columbus personal injury attorney.
Call or text (614) 538-1116 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form