A traumatic brain injury can negatively impact a person’s behaviors, emotions, ability to think, and can cause seizures or even death. In addition to increasing their risks for cognitive conditions, such as Alzheimer’s disease or Parkinson’s disease, many can expect futures filled with ongoing medical treatment and therapy with no guarantee of a full recovery.
Consult a traumatic brain injury (TBI) accident lawyer in Marion, OH to find out whether you are entitled to fair compensation for your expenses and losses.
Turn to our firm, Bressman Law, if you or someone you love is suffering from a TBI. We fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. Let a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Marion, OH pursue justice on your behalf. Call today at 877-538-1116 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Understanding Traumatic Brain Injuries
People can suffer traumatic brain injuries from more than direct blows to their heads. A TBI may occur whenever the brain is pushed forcefully in one or more directions. When the brain strikes the inside of the skull, its soft tissue is damaged. For example, individuals may suffer TBI following severe whiplash due to a car accident.
Long-Term Effects of TBI
Traumatic brain injuries may result in somewhat minor injuries, such as dizziness, persistent headaches, and difficulty sleeping. But more serious injuries, even death, are possible. Unfortunately, traumatic brain injuries often impact not only a person’s ability to perform typical day-to-day activities; a victim can experience serious, long-term mental and physical symptoms, such as:
- Traumatic epilepsy: Brain damage caused by an external physical trauma often results in chronic seizures.
- Cognitive defects: An injury may lead to shorter attention spans, memory loss, difficulty solving problems, and space and time perception losses.
- Sensory and perceptual defects: Certain traumatic brain injuries can result in vision, hearing, tactile, olfactory, and a change in or loss of the ability to taste.
- Motor sensory problems: Those with motor sensory complications may have poor balance, tremors, swallowing problems, seizures, and full or partial paralysis.
- Psychological conditions: Injuries may lead to mood swings, anxiety, depression, and agitation.
- Language regression or communication problems: Victims of TBI may experience difficulty writing, reading, speaking, or communicating. Sometimes, victims must re-learn communication skills.
- Social and/or psychiatric complications: A TBI can hinder a person’s ability to understand and interact in social settings, as well as lead to depression, anxiety, and decreased motivation.
A traumatic brain injury can mean a lifetime of medical care, therapy, and rehabilitation. At Bressman Law, we understand what you face as a victim. Let a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Marion, OH fight to get you fair compensation to cover ongoing medical expenses and other losses. Call us at 877-538-1116 to get a free case consultation.
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries
At Bressman Law, attorneys have represented many victims of traumatic brain injuries. Some of the injuries were caused by:
- Auto accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Recreational or sports-related accidents
- Truck accidents
- Worksite and construction accidents
At Bressman Law, lawyers fight for the rights of TBI victims in Marion, OH. Call our firm today at 877-538-1116 to find out how we can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Examples of Negligence That May Cause TBI Accidents
Though traumatic brain injuries may be the result of a wide variety of incidents, they all are caused by negligence. Negligence is when a person fails to use a reasonable degree of care that another person ordinarily would have exercised in a similar situation.
Negligent acts that may lead to TBI accidents include:
- Failure to clean up spills or move tripping hazards
- Driving while drinking or taking drugs
- Improperly storing hazardous materials
- Failure to properly maintain a pool deck
- Failure to maintain walkways and stairways
- Negligent hiring of personnel
Evidence Establishing Negligence
Those unfamiliar with the law may not recognize negligent acts, which is why it is important to consult a traumatic brain injury (TBI) lawyer in Marion, OH.
If you work with a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Marion, OH from our firm, Bressman Law, we will gather evidence that supports the negligence claim. Depending on the circumstances of your case, our investigation may include gathering:
- Eyewitness testimony
- Expert opinions
- Maintenance records and reports
- Medical records
- Physician reports
- Surveillance footage
- Toxicology results
- Vehicle computer data
Our firm wants you to feel confident that we have your best interests at heart. Contact our firm at 877-538-1116 to discuss your TBI case.
Recoverable Damages in a TBI Case
Many factors, including the severity and the main cause of brain damage, determine how much compensation a victim may receive in a TBI case. At Bressman Law, one of our traumatic brain injury (TBI) lawyers in Marion, OH can help you seek just compensation for:
- Speech, occupational, physical, or behavioral therapy
- Ongoing medical care
- Hospital bills
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning potential
- Pain and suffering
Receiving compensation to cover medically necessary treatment and other losses could make a significant difference in the recovery process. Find out how our firm can help. Call us today at 877-538-1116.
How a TBI Lawyer Can Help
At Bressman Law, we understand that a traumatic brain injury changes a person’s life forever. We know that this type of injury also impacts the victim’s relationship with his or her family, their ability to live quality lives, and their financial security.
With this in our minds, we guide you through every step of the process. We are here to listen to your concerns and answer all of your questions promptly. When you work with us, we strive to keep you informed so there are no surprises.
One generally has two years to file a lawsuit after sustaining a traumatic brain injury, so contact our firm now to get the help you need.
We Do the Hard Work for You
Recovering from your injuries must be your top priority, which is why our firm handles all discussions, questions, and inquiries of all involved parties. We talk to insurance companies and negotiate on your behalf.
We file all necessary paperwork on time. Every move a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Marion, OH makes is to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Turn to a firm that will fight for fair compensation on your behalf. Call us at 877-538-1116 today to discuss the specifics of your traumatic brain injury case in Marion, OH.