In Ohio, you can hold the at-fault driver who caused your car accident legally responsible for your expenses and losses related to the crash. You can do that by pursuing a liability auto insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. You may be eligible to recover compensation for your medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. A car accident lawyer in Marysville, OH, can help.
Attorney David Bressman and the Ohio car accident team from Bressman Law are here to help you understand if you have a case, and walk you through the process of recovering the compensation you deserve. We will review your case for free, and we might be able to handle your case on a contingency fee basis.
Call us today at 877-538-1116 for your free case evaluation.
Possible Damages in a Winning Marysville, Ohio, Car Accident Case
If we can prove the other driver caused your accident and injuries, we might be able to recover a range of car accident damages on your behalf. These damages can vary widely from case to case, depending on your expenses and losses. We will have to complete an investigation into your accident and collect evidence of your damages before we can understand the full value of your claim.
Some of the most common damages we can collect for car accident victims include:
- Medical treatment and related costs;
- Prescription drugs, including pain relief medication;
- Ongoing care costs;
- Lost wages;
- Diminished earning capacity and lost benefits;
- Repair or replacement of your wrecked vehicle;
- Other accident-related expenses; and
- Pain and suffering damages.
It is our goal to get to know you and your family and to help you try to recover the full value of your expenses and losses. We care about your financial future and want to see you compensated for any damages you suffered because of the accident.
While we cannot guarantee we can recover compensation for you and your family, we will aggressively pursue a positive outcome for your claim. We will fight for the compensation you need and deserve. We treat every client like a member of our family and give you the attention and support you need throughout the process.
Proving Negligence and Liability After Your Accident
All personal injury cases center on proving the other party acted in a negligent way and caused the accident and the resulting injuries. To build a strong case to prove fault and liability, we investigate every case we handle and collect evidence to show why it happened, who caused it, and how.
As a part of this investigation, we take a number of steps to help us understand your crash. Our process includes:
- Getting a copy of the police report;
- Reviewing witness statements and conducting additional interviews;
- Searching for any available video of the accident;
- Surveying and documenting the scene of the crash;
- Working with accident reconstruction specialists if necessary;
- Analyzing the damage to all vehicles involved; and
- Collecting documentation of your expenses and losses.
This evidence should help us prove the four elements of negligence:
- The driver had a responsibility to drive in a safe and reasonable way;
- They failed to uphold this responsibility;
- Their careless or reckless actions caused your accident; and
- You suffered injuries and financial damages.
We Can Help You Fight for the Compensation You Need After an Ohio Crash.
In general, there are two ways we can recover compensation for our clients after an Ohio car accident case. We can file an auto liability insurance claim based on the at-fault driver’s insurance coverage, or file a personal injury lawsuit. If we need to take the case to an Ohio civil court, we will ask the judge and jury to award you a verdict.
However, we often begin by trying to file an insurance claim. We can always litigate your case later if it becomes apparent the insurance company will not pay out a fair settlement. The claims process requires us to:
- Send a demand letter to the insurance company representatives, explaining our case against the policyholder and demanding a payout;
- Consider any counter-offers, and typically submit a second offer in an attempt to negotiate a fair settlement based on your losses and expenses; and
- Continue settlement negotiations until we can reach a fair settlement agreement with the insurance company—or until it becomes apparent there is no way to reach a fair agreement.
Settling out of court is generally faster and cheaper, and we know this matters to you and your family. However, if we cannot recover the compensation you need through settlement negotiations, we will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit.
At Bressman Law, we have the resources and experience to litigate your case if that becomes necessary. If we cannot reach a fair settlement agreement with the insurance company or if the company representatives deny our claim, we will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit. We will present the case we built in court and argue for a fair payout on your behalf.
Talk to a Car Accident Lawyer in Marysville, OH
At Bressman Law, we make it a point to treat every case like it involves our own family. We offer the one-on-one attention you need, and we can answer your questions and address your concerns in a way that you understand. We will guide you through the car accident claims process step-by-step and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call our team today at 877-538-1116 for a complimentary case evaluation and consultation.