Before consulting with an accident injury attorney, read what you need to know to select a personal injury attorney. It’s not just school and previous experience that makes an attorney. If searching for a lawyer in Columbus, Ohio, consult with attorney David Bressman to discuss your case in person.
David attended college with the goal of helping others through his profession. After graduating Summa Cum Laude with an undergraduate degree from the University of Dayton in 1987, he focused his attentions to building a legal career.
While attending Ohio State University College of Law in Columbus, Ohio, he began his legal experience as a clerk in a personal injury law firm. Through helping a personal injury lawyer, David Bressman made the decision that upon his graduation in 1990 with honors, he would dedicate his practice to helping injury victims.
Publications & Professional Memberships
David has several publications on traumatic brain injury and personal injury. He believes in sharing knowledge and experience so that it is easily accessible to anyone with a desire to improve their chances for settling their injury claim and offers a free accident injury guide to victims of negligence in Ohio.
There are also several organizations and associations with whom accident injury attorney David Bressman is a member. He has membership in several Ohio bar associations, and is a member of the Worthington Board of Education, serving as president in 2005 and 2009.
It’s About More Than Money
While a financial award is the ultimate goal on paper for his clients, as a personal injury attorney intent on helping victims, David Bressman wants to make sure they are also satisfied emotionally.
Compassion is a hallmark of David’s character. Injuries from a catastrophic accident are not always just physical wounds – the emotional toil an accident can take on the victims and families in Columbus, Ohio can be serious. David wants to make sure his clients are taken care of through the entire claim process – reporting to settlement, especially when trial is necessary.
Respect is one of the areas that many accident injury victims note about David Bressman when asked what makes him unique among other Columbus, Ohio lawyers. Many of Bressman Law’s clients are victims of traumatic brain injury, which can make communication difficult. Through all correspondence, David makes sure he treats all of his clients with compassion and understanding.
Through face-to-face interaction, he hopes to make sure his clients have established a high level of trust with his law firm. Trusting your attorney is an important part of settling a personal injury or wrongful death claim in Columbus, Ohio, and working with personal injury lawyer David Bressman means you are working with him directly.
His Time Is Yours
Don’t let a big law firm take your case and hand you off to an attorney you never meet – at Bressman Law accident injury victims get the direct attention of attorney David Bressman. Our clients often point out how relieved they are to see that their attorney responds to them quickly – you’re never a forgotten e-mail or an unanswered voice mail at our firm.
Communication is an important part of settling your injury case in Columbus, Ohio. David makes it a point to answer all client questions immediately, and his dedicated staff helps ensure that you are kept up to date on the status of your case at all times.
There’s never a bad time to contact Bressman Law. When all a law firm does is personal injury cases, it can focus on those particular areas of law to provide you the most targeted service. That is the goal of Bressman Law – helping injury victims and only injury victims.
Meet Your Accident Injury Attorney, David Bressman
While you can read about David here, it’s best you meet him in person to discuss your case. We highly advise that you meet with any personal injury lawyer, David Bressman or otherwise, before you hire a lawyer. Just because a lawyer seems good on paper or TV doesn’t mean he or she is the right attorney for your case.
Call (614) 877-6303 to schedule a FREE, no-obligation consultation in Columbus, Ohio with attorney David Bressman.
The first order of business will be to discuss how you feel – Bressman Law wants clients to focus on healing first and let us attend to the legal matters.
- Ohio State University College of Law, 1990, with honors
- University of Dayton, 1987, Summa Cum Laude
- Awards & Memberships
- Franklin County Trial Lawyers Association 2001 President’s Award
- American Association for Justice
- Franklin County Association For Justice
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Worthington Board of Education, Member since 2002, President in 2005 and 2009
- The Traumatic Brain Injury Treatment Team: The Neuropsychologist 2008
- The Traumatic Brain Injury Treatment Team – The Occupational Therapist 2008
- Traumatic Brain Injury: By The [Staggering] Numbers. 2009
- He Said What? Dealing with the Over-the-Top Litigator in Closing Argument, Ohio Trial and Verdict Reporter 2007
- What You Have To Prove At Trial To Win Your Personal Injury Claim 2009
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Board of Education – Worthington Schools – 2002-2013; Board President in 2005, 2009 & 2013
- Long suffering fan of the Cleveland Browns and Cleveland Indians [but no longer the Cavs since they won a championship]
- I like Star Trek [even Deep Space 9], Star Wars [except Jar Jar Binks of course], X-Files [except the reboot] and almost anything science fiction-wise including books, TV and movies.
- I like almost any kind of music, especially 80’s rock but dislike most Country music [my wife loves Country music]
- Will debate you endlessly on the best chicken wing restaurant in Columbus.
Partial List of Awards, Memberships, Authorships, and Professional Presentations:
Awards & Honors
- ColumbusCEO Magazine “Top Lawyer”, multiple years – Top Columbus Lawyers 2020
- Better Business Bureau Accredited business with an A+ Rating
- Martindale-Hubbell™ Highest Peer Review Rating of “AV Preeminent.” AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment – testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Avvo™ Highest rating of “Superb.”
- American Association for Justice
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Central Ohio Association for Justice
- Assoc. of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America. A national association of committed lawyers who have joined together to help eliminate unsafe and illegal interstate trucking practices.
- American Society of Legal Advocates [ASLA]. Top 100 Litigation Lawyer in The State of Ohio. ASLA is “an invitation-only, nationwide organization of elite lawyers in practice today who combine stellar legal credentials with a proven commitment to community engagement and the highest professional standards.”
- American Board of Trial Advocates. ABOTA dedicates itself to the preservation and promotion of the Seventh Amendment, which guarantees the right to civil jury trials. Members in this prestigious invitation-only group must have tried a minimum of 10 civil jury trials to conclusion. More than 7,600 lawyers and judges are involved in ABOTA chapters in all 50 states.
- “What You Have to Prove at Trial to Win Your Personal Injury Claim”
- “So You Are Going to Trial on Your Injury Claim – What Do You Have to Prove?”
- “He Said What? Dealing with the Over-The-Top Litigator in Closing Argument”
- “The Traumatic Brain Injury Treatment Team: the Neuropsychologist”
- “The Top 11 Questions You Should Ask When Finding Treatment for Your Brain Injury”
- “The Traumatic Brain Injury Treatment Team – the Occupational Therapist”
- “Traumatic Brain Injury: by the [Staggering] Numbers”
- Negotiating Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist Claims
- Premises Cases. Liability? Or Asset?
- Columbus Bar Association, 6th Annual Trial Skills Seminar