Head injuries can result from accidents of all kinds, including car accidents, bike accidents, and more. Many of these accidents can be prevented if a driver or another party exercises proper caution and takes steps to protect others. However, when that does not happen, accident victims can seek legal recovery for their losses.
If you think you have a case, a head injury lawyer in Columbus, OH, from Bressman Law would like to help you with the legal process. Our team takes care of everything so our clients can focus on recovering and rebuilding their lives. You can learn more about our services during a free case evaluation.
How to Sue After a Columbus, OH, Head Injury
If you suffered an injury to the head, the statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit is generally two years, according to Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10. You must act within that period if you do not want to lose your right to seek financial compensation.
Individuals who call us within this period can rely on us to:
- Treat them with the warmth and respect they deserve
- Protect and explain all their rights under state law
- Advise them of their options and which one might be best for their situation
- Stay in frequent contact, updating them about their case’s progress and promptly responding to any questions they have
Our team can determine if you have a legal case. If you do, we can work on your behalf to recover fair compensation from the party or parties responsible for your head injury. Among the things we handle for clients are:
- Investigating the accident and collecting sufficient evidence to build a strong case file that can withstand any attempt to discredit or undermine your lawsuit
- Using the evidence we collect to determine who is legally liable and how much money they should pay based on the severity of your injuries and losses
- Negotiating with the liable party’s insurance company and their representatives for a pretrial settlement that meets your needs
- Filing your case with the court if we must go to trial to fight for your financial award
- Filling out paperwork and making sure we submit it to the correct parties at the right times—missing a single deadline could put your case at risk
If, for any reason, we cannot get a pretrial settlement, we can continue the fight in the courtroom. You would not need to do any work to fight a court case. Bressman Law can continue to take care of everything, including:
- Submitting all necessary paperwork, including evidence
- Presenting the most persuasive possible arguments to the jury
- Making sure the defense and the legal system always respect your rights
Our clients can tell how much work we put in on their behalf, and they appreciate it. For example, Stacey Kuzda, a former client, shares on Google reviews, “My experience with David was wonderful. He had my best interest in mind at all times, coached me and prepared me on what to expect and made me comfortable in any situation I was in.”
That is precisely the attentive care we want to provide you.
For a free legal consultation with a head injury attorney in Columbus, call (614) 538-1116
Recoverable Compensation for Head Injuries in Columbus, OH
Sometimes, people recover from their head wounds. Other times, their injuries are permanent and impair them for life. Either way, a head injury lawyer from our firm can calculate how much you could receive based on the circumstances of your Columbus, OH, accident.
Your settlement may include payment for all accident-related losses related, such as:
- Medical expenses:Head injuries can be very expensive, particularly permanent ones. Any emergency or long-term care you received may qualify you for damages.
- Lost income: You could receive repayment if you had to take some time away from work to recover or reduce your working hours so that you could heal.
- Lost earning capacity: If your injury is so serious that you permanently cannot return to work or earn the same money as you did before, it could severely strain your family’s finances.
- Property damage: This loss is especially common in motor vehicle accidents, damaging a victim’s car, motorcycle, or bike.
In addition, you can seek payment for the physical and emotional consequences of the injury through damages like:
- Pain and suffering: Accidents and their resulting injuries can affect your physical and psychological health, your reputation, and so on.
- Loss of consortium: Your relationship with your loved ones will never be the same because of your injuries. For instance, if you cannot fulfill your role as a spouse.
- Reduced quality of life: You have made radical lifestyle changes to accommodate your injury, such as giving up certain activities or hiring someone to help you with basic living tasks.
- Disabling injuries: If your head injury made you lose your intellectual or physical capacity, you could receive further compensation.
Columbus Head Injury Attorney (614) 538-1116
What if the Injury Is Partly My Fault?
Even if an insurance company or a jury decides you are partially responsible for the injuries—say, you were not wearing your seatbelt when the car accident occurred in Columbus—you still have a right to seek and receive compensation.
According to Ohio Revised Code Section 2315.33, you may be assigned up to 50 percent of the blame for an accident before losing the right to collect damages. Our team can work to demonstrate that you fall into this category.
Click to contact our Ohio Car Accident Lawyers today
What if the Head Injury Is Fatal After the Accident in Columbus?
Some head injuries are too serious for the victim to survive. If this happened to your loved one, we are deeply sorry for your loss. We want you to know that you have the right to seek compensation on your loved one’s behalf and that our team can help you file a wrongful death lawsuit. You generally have two years from the date your loved one died to file your legal action, per Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02. We can advise you on your case during a free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Lawyers Want to Help You With a Columbus, OH, Head Injury Case
Bressman Law is devoted to getting the job done for our clients. If you suffered a head injury in or around Columbus, OH, call us today to get a free case evaluation. One of our lawyers serving that area can investigate your case and fight for fair compensation.