Back pain can occur if your body is jolted in a car accident. An injury affecting the back can be disruptive and directly affect your financial status and quality of life. A Dublin, OH, back pain lawyer can assist you with your post-accident pursuit of compensation, which can help you focus on your recovery.
Call Bressman Law today at (877) 538-1116 to speak with a team member about our legal services and how a lawyer can help you or a loved one suffering from back pain.
Irresponsible Drivers Are Liable Drivers
The responsibility that comes with driving a motor vehicle is great. Drivers who do not take the dangers of driving a motor vehicle seriously can put others at risk of injury and death. In your case, an irresponsible driver may be to blame for causing your back pain.
A motorist can put you at risk of harm in many ways. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), some dangerous driving behaviors include:
- Drowsy driving
- Driving while intoxicated on alcohol or drugs
- Distracted driving
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) expands on how dangerous distracted driving can be. It notes that distracted driving:
- Affects your driving in three primary ways: taking your eyes off the road, mind off driving, and, in some cases, hands off the steering wheel
- Includes engaging in risky behaviors while driving, such as texting, eating, drinking, and adjusting a navigation device or radio
- Accounts for approximately nine traffic deaths and more than 1,000 traffic injuries every day in the United States
The other driver may be the liable party for your accident and injuries. Specific actions or general carelessness could have made them responsible for your accident, and they may be the first party you name in an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Non-Motorists Who May Be Held Liable for Your Accident
While the motorist who caused your collision might be the first person you assign liability to, they might not be the only liable party for your accident. In some cases, a motorist may not be liable for the accident at all.
Other parties that may be held responsible for an accident include:
- A company or individual who employed the driver responsible for your accident at the time of the collision
- A local government responsible for road conditions, the presence of work crews, or other road factors that caused your accident
- A vehicle manufacturer or assembler responsible for a defect that caused your accident or made the outcome of the accident worse
A Dublin, OH, back pain lawyer can help you identify the parties responsible for your accident. Call Bressman Law today at (877) 538-1116 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a back pain injury lawyer serving Dublin, call (877) 538-1116
A Lawyer Can Help You Seek Compensation for Your Losses
Hiring a lawyer may relieve legal burdens off you, which can be useful if you still need to focus on treating your back pain. Having a lawyer could:
- Reduce the time and effort investment required of you
- Allow you to focus on recovery
- Reduce any psychological stress that might come from excessive involvement in the insurance or legal process
Your lawyer can handle your insurance claim or lawsuit from start to finish and may tend to both processes if your case requires it. Your lawyer’s goal may be to obtain compensation for your accident-related losses. Financial losses may include the cost of:
- Emergency transportation from the scene of your accident
- Emergency room treatment
- Any hospitalization you endured
- Surgery and other treatments
- Additional medical care you will require in the future
- Rehabilitation for your injuries
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Psychological therapy
- Damage to your vehicle and other personal property
You may also experience losses that are not economic in nature but could have a great toll on you and your loved ones. Such losses may include:
- Physical pain
- Emotional anguish and suffering
- A decline in your quality of life
- Changes to your personality
- Harm to your personal relationships
- The loss of a loved one
Losses from an automotive accident can be overwhelming. Your lawyer can fight to obtain compensation for losses you or a loved one has suffered.
A Lawyer Can Handle Your Claim or Case
Your lawyer may perform the following duties in pursuit of compensation:
- Advising you on whether an insurance claim or lawsuit should be your first course of action
- Determining the party or parties responsible for your losses
- Formulating a strategy for obtaining compensation
- Filing your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Handling all claim- or appeal-related correspondence
- Negotiating an insurance settlement or pre-trial settlement
- Filing any necessary appeals
In addition to fighting for compensation, your lawyer will defend your rights, provide advice throughout the insurance or legal process, and tend to your questions and concerns. A lawyer can be a valuable resource for you in what might be a stressful time in your life.
Dublin Back Pain Injury Lawyer Near Me (877) 538-1116
Call Bressman Law Today to Help You with Your Personal Injury Case
The team at Bressman Law aims to get the job done for every client we take on. We offer warm, supportive, and helpful legal services to our clients, and we will fight for the compensation they are entitled to collect. If you suffer from back pain because of an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, we want to help you fight for compensation for your injury and other losses.
Call Bressman Law today at (877) 538-1116 for a free consultation about how a Dublin, OH, back pain lawyer can assist you.