When someone sustains an injury caused by another party’s negligence, he or she might have justifiable cause to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
The goal of filing a claim is to recover compensation for the damages you sustained, so it’s important to ensure your claim is thorough, sufficiently supported by evidence, and properly handled. If you make mistakes, overstep legal time limits for filing, or fail to collect enough evidence to prove your case, you risk losing your eligibility for compensation. Consult an attorney to assist you with your claim.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Any type of injury or illness that you sustain due to another’s actions (or inaction) may qualify for a personal injury case. Our firm helps Westerville clients win financial settlement awards for their personal injury cases. Below is a sampling of the types of accidents that might call for a personal injury claim.
- Car, truck, bus, public transit, and motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Construction site injuries
- Accidents in the workplace
- Injuries from dangerous or defective products
- Complications from dangerous drugs
- Daycare and retirement home negligence
- Assaults due to poor security
- Accidents at venues such as concerts and sporting events
- Dog attacks
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Westerville, call (877) 538-1116
Do you have a valid case worth pursuing?
If you were in an accident for which you believe someone else is responsible, certain elements must be present in order for case to be considered valid and compensable. Does your case satisfy the following four elements?
- The party against which you are filing (the defendant) owed you a legal duty of care.
- The defendant breached his or her duty of care, i.e., acted negligently in some manner.
- The defendant’s actions are the cause of your injuries.
- You sustained actual damages as a result.
If all the above is true in your case, consult an attorney and look into your legal options. Note, even if you are partly responsible for the accident, you might still be eligible for compensation.
Westerville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (877) 538-1116
Losses You Can Recover in an Injury Claim
If your case is valid and you have adequate evidence to support it, you can recover a wide range of damages, such as those listed below.
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Medical-related transportation costs
- Future medical needs
- Lost wages during your recovery
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Compensation for property damage
- The effect of your injury on your work, family life, and self-esteem
- Loss of promotion and lost benefits
- Loss of enjoyment in life
There is actually a ton of additional potential compensable damages that victims can list on their personal injury claims. Your lawyer can sit down with you can create a detailed list of your losses and then calculate the total value of your claim. In the meantime, start an accident file and begin stashing all the pertinent notes, receipts, bills, etc. to share with your lawyer.
David Bressman Can Help with Personal Injury Claims
David Bressman helps accident victims in Westerville win personal injury claims. He has the background, skill sets, and resources available to build and present claims in a clear and convincing manner to insurers and the courts. He offers personal injury victims a free initial consultation to discuss the case and potential options. He also works on a contingency basis which means you will not be charged legal fees unless we secure a settlement for you.
Should you decide to work with our firm, we will walk you through each step of the claims process and give your case the time and attention it deserves. For more information or to schedule a consult, contact us today at 877-538-1116.