Ohio truck accident cases are more complex than many other types of car accident cases. It can be difficult to identify the liable party and collect the evidence necessary to build a strong case. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a crash in Westerville or elsewhere in central Ohio, a truck accident lawyer in Westerville, OH is here to help.
The Bressman Law team knows how to navigate the red tape often associated with these accidents. We can evaluate your situation, identify any liable parties, and file a claim on your behalf.
Call us today at (614) 538-1116 for your free case review and let us get the job done for you.
Recoverable Damages in an Ohio Truck Accident Case
A successful Ohio truck accident case will recover compensation for a wide variety of damages. These differ from case to case depending on the actual expenses and losses suffered. However, some of the most common truck accident damages include:
Medical Care and Related Costs
- Ambulance or airlift transportation from the scene to the hospital
- Emergency department triage and care
- Clinical testing and medical imaging
- Inpatient treatment
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Follow-up care with your doctor
- Prescription drug costs, including pain relief
- Medical equipment
- Mobility and accessibility equipment
Other Economic Losses and Expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of services at home
- Repair or replacement of your vehicle
- Replacement of other damaged property
- Out-of-pocket damages related to your accident, injuries, or treatment
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional suffering
- Mental anguish
- Other emotional losses
Wrongful Death Actions
If your family member passed away because of the injuries they sustained in a Westerville truck accident, our team is here for you. You may be eligible to go after the liable party and collect compensation for the damages you suffered. We can determine whether you might be eligible to file a wrongful death claim and pursue compensation on your behalf. Call us today at (614) 538-1116 for a free consultation with a member of our team.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Westerville, call (614) 538-1116
We Will Get to the Bottom of What Caused Your Crash
At Bressman Law, we thoroughly investigate every truck accident case we handle. We understand the common causes of these crashes and work with accident reconstruction specialists to determine exactly what happened and who caused it. Some common reasons truck accidents occur include:
- Failure to exercise care during turns
- Erratic lane changes with or without signaling
- Failure to maintain a lane
- Failure to obey traffic signals (e.g., running a red light)
- Careless, reckless, or distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Driving drunk or otherwise impaired
- Improperly securing loads
- Poor maintenance
- Defective truck or trailer parts
Even in cases when the truck driver causes the crash, vicarious liability laws mean that the trucking company or another corporation is often liable. While this can mean a higher payout for you, it means we likely need to go toe-to-toe with a team of corporate attorneys to argue these cases. However, we are not afraid to fight. No legal team is too big.
If you sustained injuries in a tractor-trailer accident in Ohio, call us today at (614) 538-1116 to learn more.
Westerville Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (614) 538-1116
Let Us Handle Your Westerville, OH Truck Accident Case
Attorney David Bressman has served personal injury clients for more than 30 years. Along with the rest of the team from Bressman Law, he will protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve based on the facts of your case. We pride ourselves on giving each case and client the personalized attention they deserve. When you enlist our help with your truck accident case, we will:
- Protect your right to full compensation
- Manage all communication regarding your case
- Ensure the trucking company preserves all evidence in its possession
- Fully investigate the cause of your accident
- Identify all potentially liable parties
- Document your full range of damages
- Build a strong case for holding the at-fault parties liable
- Represent you to the jury in court
- Argue for the damages you deserve based on the evidence we collected
If you suffered injuries in a Westerville truck crash, our team can help. Let us review your situation for free and get started building a solid case on your behalf. We can meet you in the hospital, in your home, or in another location in central Ohio.
Act Now Before Time Runs Out
Under Ohio law, we usually have two years from the date of an accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. It is imperative you act quickly and call us as soon as possible after your crash. We need to launch our investigation as soon as possible and begin building a strong case to support our fight for full compensation.
If your loved one suffered injuries in an Ohio truck crash and is still in the hospital or inpatient rehabilitation, you can reach out to us on their behalf. We can review the case for free and explain your family’s legal options for going after compensation to cover medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a Truck Accident Lawyer in Westerville, OH
At Bressman Law, we treat every client like a member of our family, offering warm, compassionate support in your time of need. We can answer any questions you may have, address your concerns, and give you status updates on your case as frequently as you like. We want this process to be as easy and stress-free as possible for you. Let us handle your legal case while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
Call us today at (614) 538-1116 for your free case review.