After a bicycle accident, you could be healing from painful injuries and wondering how you’re going to pay your medical bills. Our team can help you sort out your options. A vehicle driver or another party could be responsible for your crash—and we can help you seek the fair compensation you deserve.
Our bicycle accident lawyers serving Marysville, Ohio, can help you seek a recovery for your medical care, income losses, and other damages after your crash. If the liable party tries to downplay your case, we could speak for you. We offer free consultations so you can learn more about what steps may come next.
Recoverable Compensation for Your Losses After a Marysville Bicycle Accident
Bicyclists who were injured by someone else—a vehicle driver, a truck driver, or even another bicyclist—should know they have options for financial recovery.
We can help you seek compensation for your:
- Past, present, and future medical care costs
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Property damage to repair or replace a bicycle
- Pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accident attorney in Marysville, call (614) 538-1116
The Attorneys at Bressman Law Can File Your Insurance Claim or Lawsuit
Our bicycle accident lawyers are prepared to help you make your financial recovery in one of two ways. We can:
- File an insurance claim and seek an out-of-court settlement
- File a civil lawsuit and take your case to trial
We will proceed with the option that can produce the best results for your case. If taking your case to trial presents the best option for your financial recovery, we are ready to litigate on your behalf.
Other Services Our Attorneys Offer During the Legal Process
Filing a claim or lawsuit entails many steps and procedures. We will handle all the legal details of your case, including:
- Determining the value of your losses
- Investigating your accident and gathering important evidence
- Handling all conversations with third parties for you
- Negotiating an out-of-court settlement
- Guiding you through every step of the process
We will also keep you informed throughout the process. This way, you always understand what’s going on with your case. We know an injury case can be confusing, and our team will be here to help support you through it.
How Bressman Law Proves That Someone Else Is Liable
It can be complicated to prove you faced losses and that someone else should pay you—that’s where our team comes in.
Our team will gather evidence to prove that these four elements were true of your case:
- Someone owed you a duty of care
- They neglected that duty
- Your injuries resulted
- You now have injury-related expenses and other losses
We can gather strong evidence through medical records, police records, witness statements, local traffic camera footage, and more. Whether you were hit while exiting McCarthy Park or while riding home after doing errands on 5th Street, our team will search out evidence that proves you were harmed.
With this evidence in hand, we will fight for the full amount of compensation you deserve.
We Will Handle the Common Complications of a Bicycle Accident Case
One of the other reasons you may benefit from our help is that we will manage all of the challenges in your case.
With bicycle accident cases, the liable party’s representatives may try to lower their own responsibility for the accident and reduce your payout by claiming:
- You were negligent in some way (i.e., you weren’t wearing a helmet or other safety gear)
- Your injuries are actually milder than you state in your claim
- Your damages were not as extensive as you claim
Injured or mourning Marysville, OH families shouldn’t have to prove you were hurt when suffering. Our bicycle accident lawyers will stand up for your side of the story and seek a fair result.
Marysville Bicycle Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
Take These Important Steps After Your Bicycle Accident in Marysville, OH
Whether you were just in an accident or it’s now been several months since the incident, you could take several important actions to protect your right to compensation.
Click to contact our Marysville Personal Injury Lawyers today
Get Emergency Care and All Necessary Treatment
You likely already sought emergency care to address the initial injuries following your crash. However, if you have moderate or significant injuries, you should follow all your doctors’ orders and keep getting care.
If your doctor tells you to take certain medications or attend follow-up appointments, do so. By getting all the medical care you need, you will take important steps for your health. This can document that:
- There is a link between the accident and your injuries
- Your injuries were significant or even catastrophic
- Your injuries may prevent you from working
- You may need future medical care
Having this documentation gives the other party less room to dispute your case.
Avoid Accepting Low Settlement Offers
You may receive a quick settlement offer soon after the crash. Keep in mind that such offers may not reflect the true cost of your past and future losses.
For instance, a fair settlement offer should include the cost of any future medical care you may need. After all, you shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket for the costs of an injury someone else caused.
Our team can evaluate your settlement offers to be sure you’re receiving what you deserve. In the meantime, avoid taking an offer too soon and signing away your right to seek additional compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Team for Your Free Case Review as Soon as Possible
You can call our team at any point in your injury case, including:
- The immediate aftermath of a bicycle accident
- The days or weeks after your crash, as you begin considering your legal options
- When you’ve received a settlement offer
- When you’re dealing with unfair or aggressive insurance tactics
- When you’re starting the claims process and having trouble seeking the settlement you deserve
Give our team a call to get a free case review as soon as you can. The call is free and comes with no obligation. We can then tell you more about important details that could affect your compensation, including:
- How the statute of limitations could limit your time to file a lawsuit
- What damages you could seek in your case
- Who may be liable for your compensation
- How we could proceed with a claim or lawsuit
Bressman Law Will Fight for Your Right to Compensation After a Bicycle Accident
Our bicycle accident lawyers at Bressman Law are ready to help you on your path to recovery in Marysville, Ohio. Our attorneys have decades of combined experience. We understand bicycle accident cases and are prepared to fight for the compensation you need.
Contact us today for your free consultation: (877) 538-1116.