Due to working with heavy machinery, construction workers are vulnerable to sustaining serious injuries (especially at a high elevation). Construction companies, property owners, and independent contractors know the dangers that come with working at a construction site. So, they should have safety protocols in place to prevent accidents.
Unfortunately, these parties may be negligent, and construction workers can get hurt as a result. If you or a loved one was injured in a construction accident, a construction accident attorney serving Marysville, OH, could help. Bressman Law can pursue the responsible party for damages. We will manage your case from start to finish at no startup cost.
Selecting Our Legal Services After a Construction Accident in Marysville, OH
With Bressman Law on your side, we will work to get to the bottom of what happened in your accident and pursue the awards you need to move forward.
This process usually entails:
- Gathering records to support your claim, including medical documentation, security camera footage, the incident report, statements from witnesses, or relevant photos)
- Naming the liable party and holding them accountable for your damages
- Managing communication with the liable party, their insurer, and/or their legal team
- Negotiating a settlement amount that covers your losses
- Meeting all state-enforced deadlines
- Bringing your case in front of a jury if we cannot settle
Don’t be concerned about paying for these services up front, out of pocket, or hourly. We take all injury cases based on contingency, so our payment will be deducted from the settlement or court award we obtain for you when your case concludes. You will not be charged if we don’t secure a favorable outcome, either. This fee arrangement considerably reduces your financial risk.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accident attorney in Marysville, call (614) 538-1116
Potential Damages You Can Seek Following an Ohio Construction Accident
If a construction accident hurt you, you could be entitled to an array of damages. How much you can recover will depend on the specifics of your case. Generally, however, the higher your medical bills and the more serious your injuries are, the more compensation you can request from the liable party.
Some available damages may be:
- Past and upcoming medical expenses
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
Tragically, some people succumb to their construction accident-related injuries. If that was the case for your loved one, you could have grounds to file a wrongful death case. You can pursue a recovery for funeral bills, end-of-life care costs, and loss of service, companionship, or consortium.
Marysville Construction Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
Determining Who Is Liable for Your Construction Accident Injuries
After we investigate, we may find that one of the following parties caused your construction accident:
- The construction site owner
- The site manager
- A general or sub-contractor
- An architect
- An engineer
After our construction accident attorneys identify the liable party, we would need to apply the negligence model to your Marysville, OH, case:
- Duty of care: This person or company was to exercise a legal duty of care.
- Breach of duty: They failed to uphold this duty.
- Causation: This failure led to your construction accident and injuries.
- Damages: Your injuries caused your physical, financial, psychological losses.
How Long We Have to Sue the Liable Party After a Construction Accident
We are under strict time constraints if we decide that filing a lawsuit is the best legal route for you to take.
- Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10 generally sets a two-year deadline for personal injury
- Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02 typically allows two years for you to file a wrongful death lawsuit if you lost your loved one to a construction accident
We must get started on building your lawsuit as soon as possible. Delaying this process could result in the Ohio court’s refusal to hear your case. Then, you may run out of options for compensation.
Click to contact our Marysville Personal Injury Lawyers today
How Marysville, OH Construction Accidents Occur
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) mandates employers and property managers to conduct regular safety inspections, enforce safety programs, and obtain special permits to help prevent accidents at construction sites. Still, those in charge can be negligent, and construction workers can suffer the consequences.
Some of the most common causes of construction accidents are:
- Scaffolding accidents
- Falling objects
- Fires and explosions
- Vehicle accidents
- Improper use of equipment
- Exposure to toxic chemicals or substances
- Caught between objects
- Heat exhaustion or stroke
- Lack of training
Serious injuries, even death, can come from these accidents. You or a loved one may have suffered:
- Eye injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck, head, and back injuries
- Knee and ankle injuries
- Bone breaks or fractures
- Lacerations and contusions
- Illnesses caused by toxic chemicals
The Most Important Thing You Can Do After a Construction Accident Is to Get Treatment
If you sustained these injuries or others not listed here, report the accident to your supervisor and get immediate medical help. It will keep your injuries worsening and diagnose any other injuries that haven’t shown symptoms yet.
Your doctor should construct a treatment for you to follow. Make sure you adhere to it in its entirety so you don’t exacerbate your injuries or trigger other ones. Your doctor will release you from their care when they see you fit enough to get back to work (part-time or full-time).
Following each of these steps will benefit your health and legal case and exhibit that the construction accident was a direct cause of your injuries. So, the other party’s insurance company or legal team will have difficulty finding reasons to dispute or deny your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Turn to Bressman Law After You Were Hurt in a Construction Accident in Marysville, OH
Don’t think you have to navigate the legal system on your own. Our attorneys can champion your case while you’re recuperating from your injuries. To learn more about how our lawyers working with Marysville, OH, families could help you or a family member after a construction accident, reach out to Bressman Law today.
Dial (877) 538-1116 for your no-cost consultation.
Call or text (614) 538-1116 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form