Cycling has many benefits for your health and the environment. Most cyclists reduce the risk of harm by wearing helmets and following the rules of the road; however, not all motorists adhere to the same safety precautions. With little protection, cyclists are vulnerable to serious injuries if involved in an accident, and the consequences can be life-changing.
If you or a loved one were injured due to the negligence of another road user, our bicycle accident lawyers serving Newark can help you pursue compensation for your injuries, including past and future losses. Keep in mind that insurers do not always act in your best interest. We don’t settle for anything less than our clients deserve, and neither should you.
When Might I Need Legal Representation for My Bicycle Accident Case?
While some bicycle accidents are reasonably straightforward to resolve, the legal process is more complex in others. Examples of why this might be include:
- Accidents resulting in serious injuries
- If the blame for the accident is unclear or being disputed by the other party
- Injured people who feel too unwell to manage their claim alone and would prefer a lawyer to handle all case administration and communications
- People who have received a settlement offer and are unsure if it reflects the full severity of their injuries and future losses (whether the settlement amount is “fair”)
- Claims that are unfairly denied, delayed, or underpaid by an insurance company
- Accidents involving multiple potentially liable parties
What Are the Most Common Causes of Bicycle Accident Injury Claims?
When a motorist violates traffic laws and causes an accident, they may be liable for negligence. Common examples of driver negligence in many bicycle accident claims include:
- Failing to observe traffic controls and signals causing an accident with a cyclist
- Failure to yield to a cyclist’s right of way
- Tailgating or following a cyclist too closely
- Driving while texting or using a smartphone
- Driving while drunk or high
- Failing to look for cyclists before pulling out or turning
- Opening a door into the path of a cyclist
- Motorists who drive while too tired to concentrate properly create unnecessary risk to other road users
- Speeding or driving too fast for road or weather conditions increases the risk of an accident
- Accidents caused by potholes in poorly maintained roads
If there is sufficient evidence to prove negligence, we will file a claim against the driver’s auto insurance policy and pursue compensation to cover your injuries and losses.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accident attorney in Newark, call (614) 538-1116
What Compensation Is Available for Injured Cyclists?
It is understandable you will want to know how much compensation you can expect to recover. However, each case will be different, so the amount of financial recovery available depends on the circumstances of the accident, the severity of your injuries, and the insurance policies that apply to your situation.
Our cyclist injury lawyers can help you pursue compensation for your injuries and past and future financial losses, which can include:
- Medical bills, including emergency care and treatment
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages and compensation if your ability to work is affected by your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage or loss
Insurance Companies do Not Always Act in Your Best Interest
Insurance companies like to settle claims quickly and rarely open with their best offer. For example, an insurer may contact the injured party shortly after the accident and make an offer before the full extent of their injuries and other losses are fully known or have been properly assessed. Once an offer is accepted, no further claims can be made, and the initial settlement amount often falls far short of what the accident victim is genuinely entitled to receive.
If you have doubts or questions about any part of the claim process, our lawyers can support you throughout. We always ensure our clients are fairly treated by insurance companies and negotiate for a fair settlement that accurately reflects the harm done.
Newark Bicycle Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
We Fight to Get You the Compensation You Deserve
Having served personal injury clients for over 30 years, we build genuine connections with our clients and take pride in the positive effects of our hard work. The legal services we provide to develop a robust case include:
- Maximizing the evidence available by investigating every aspect of your case
- Identifying liable parties
- Organizing and presenting the evidence and other documentation required to prove the opposing party is liable for your injuries
- Conducting a thorough financial assessment of your injuries and other related losses
- Managing all case administration and communications
- Negotiating with insurance companies for a fair settlement offer
- Representing you in court if the parties cannot reach an agreement; however, most claims are settled outside of court
- Providing regular case updates
- Being on hand to answer your questions
It is important to be aware of specific time limits that apply to your case. Under Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10, injured parties generally have two years to file a lawsuit. Depending on your circumstances, other deadlines may apply. To avoid risking your right to claim compensation, it is a good idea to act sooner rather than later.
Click to contact our Newark Personal Injury Lawyers today
How Much does It Cost to Hire an Injury Lawyer?
To make the legal system accessible to everyone, we provide our services on a contingency fee basis. There are no upfront fees to pay, as we fund the cost of building and pursuing your case. Our payments are only recovered when we achieve a favorable settlement or verdict on your behalf.
There are additional benefits in having someone to help you avoid legal pitfalls that can damage your case, which could cost you time and money in the long run.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact the Bicycle Accident Lawyers at Bressman Law Today
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, call and schedule a free consultation with Bressman Law and learn about your options for pursuing compensation today.