Virtually everyone is a consumer of products, which is evident if you think of all the products you use daily. While buying and using safe products is something you could take for granted, the reality is that not all products are safe.
As a consumer, you deserve to be protected by basic safety measures and manufacturing standards. If you experienced an injury or loss due to a product malfunction, you could be eligible for financial compensation. A product liability lawyer serving Union County can help you understand if you have a case.
Compensation for Victims
The type of compensation you could qualify for depends on the extent and type of your suffering. Even multiple people injured by the same defective product could receive different compensation amounts because they likely experienced different losses. Available compensation for victims like you could be awarded in one or more of the following forms:
- Damages for emotional trauma from your accident
- Compensation awarded because your quality of life decreased following your accident
- Damages in tragic wrongful death claims if you lost someone you love in a defective products case
- Reimbursement for any medical expenses, such as doctor bills, prescription medications, and physical therapy related to your case
- Reimbursement for lost or damaged property
- Lost wages if an accident involving a defective product affected your employment
- Punitive damages designated as a measure to punish producers of defective products and promote safety in the future
How Much Could I Recover?
Several factors affect how much you could recover in a defective product case. In general, the idea is that compensation is commensurate with the amount of suffering you experienced. The more loss you have suffered, the greater your potential damages are.
If you want more specifics on how much you could qualify for, a product liability lawyer serving Union County can help you estimate potential benefits based on your case’s details. It is important to note that not every case results in compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability attorney in Union County, call (614) 538-1116
Examples of Product Liability Cases We Take On
Our team can handle many different types of product liability cases. No case is too big or too small. Examples of product liability cases that could warrant legal action include but are not limited to:
- Defects resulting from the manufacturing process, whether by hand or machine
- Defective designs that can be dangerous to consumers and were potentially overlooked
- A lack of warning labels highlighting dangerous aspects of a product, missing warning labels, or labels placed on a product that are difficult to locate or read
- Potentially toxic elements that were not disclosed and can cause immediate harm or danger over time
- Products that were not appropriately recalled in time, possibly leading to dangerous accidents and injuries
- False claims
- Incorrect or misleading instructions for assembly or use
A Lawyer Can Help with Your Product Liability Case
Hiring a lawyer is a personal decision, but consider the many possible benefits of having a lawyer by your side before you make your choice. Your lawyer can:
- Walk you through every step of the claim process and ensure you do not miss any important deadlines
- Answer any questions you have throughout the entirety of your claim
- Assist with paperwork, which can save you time, energy, and stress
- Help you estimate possible compensation, which can help you plan for the road ahead
- Offer general support during this challenging time in your life
Budgeting For Legal Fees
At Bressman Law, we don’t want you to worry about dipping into your savings to pay legal fees, so we offer free initial consultations and work on a contingency-fee basis. This means you do not have to pay us upfront, hourly, or on retainer.
Instead, we will only take a portion of your settlement or award at the end of your case. We will agree on the percentage you’ll owe us before we start your case, so you won’t be left with any surprises.
You only owe us legal fees if we recover compensation for you. If we don’t get you any money, you don’t owe us a dime.
Our Team Has a Case History of Success
Choosing the right lawyer for your case is important and could directly impact your future. If you are searching for a product liability lawyer available to help you file a claim, consider the impressive client reviews for Bressman Law.
Union County Product Liability Attorney (614) 538-1116
Suffering and Loss
You do not deserve to experience suffering and loss by simply using a product as intended. Unfortunately, manufacturer error can lead to a great deal of suffering in your life. You could experience injuries, emotional trauma, and financial loss.
While it is easy to feel overwhelmed amidst your losses and suffering, you have legal rights as a victim. Filing a claim can bring a sense of justice and closure following your accident. Reviewing your case with a product liability lawyer can help you determine the strength of your case and the likelihood of recovering compensation.
Consider the Statute of Limitations
Considering the statute of limitations is important because state law limits how long you have to file a claim. In Ohio, you generally have two years to file a personal injury claim, per Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10.
While this is a significant amount of time, you do not have forever to take action if you want to pursue compensation by filing a claim. We encourage you to reach out to us as soon as possible so we have enough time to gather evidence and build a strong case on your behalf.
Click to contact our Union County Personal Injury Lawyers today
Bressman Law Is Available to Help
If you are ready to fight for what you deserve as a consumer, Bressman Law can help you navigate your options. Contact our team for a free, no-obligation consultation and take action towards a brighter future.