Applications will be accepted beginning on April 1, 2022
All information about this scholarship can be found below.
Please do not call unnecessarily asking about this scholarship.
Announcing the Sixth Annual Bressman Law Traumatic Brain Injury Scholarship!
To serve as a community outreach throughout the United States to students persevering despite the effects of severe head trauma, Bressman Law has created a $1,000 scholarship designed to heighten public awareness of the challenges American youth face following traumatic brain injuries. This scholarship will lend financial hope for a bright future to one deserving US student.
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must meet the following criteria
- Applicant is currently enrolled at or accepted to an accredited college in the U.S.
- Applicant demonstrates academic achievement as reflected by a cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA in either high school or undergraduate transcripts.
- Applicant has a documented diagnosis provided by a licensed healthcare professional.
- Applicant cannot have been a previous recipient of a Bressman Law scholarship.
- A completed Scholarship Application Form.
- A 1-3 page typed essay about your struggle with a traumatic brain injury, how you received the injury, how your life has changed since, the issues you’ve encountered and how you’ve overcome them.
- An unofficial copy of high school or undergrad college transcripts for all schools attended.
- Documentation of your diagnosis from a qualified medical professional.
- Proof of Legal Residency in U.S. (i.e. birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
The deadline to apply for the 2022 Traumatic Brain Injury scholarship is June 15, 2022. Applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
- The award recipient will be notified of selection on or about December 31st.
- This scholarship for is to be used exclusively for higher education tuition and related expenses. A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s educational institution to cover these expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
Announcements about the previous winners of our scholarship can be found by clicking one of the links below:
2015 AWARD WINNERS:
- Bryan Priebe [BYU], Arleigha Cook [Trinity College], Anthony Lena [Tufts Univ.], Morgan Novack [Univ. of Kentucky]
2016 AWARD WINNER:
- John V. Cantwell [Lehigh]
2017 AWARD WINNERS:
- The recipient of the $1,000 scholarship is Bailey Carroll who will be attending Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, KY.
- The recipients of $500 scholarships are Darah Portenier who will be attending Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS and Chase Rowe.
2018 AWARD WINNERS:
- The recipient of the $1,000 scholarship is a student from Morrisville, VT who has not yet selected a college or university.
- The recipients of the $500 scholarships are Nation B. of Albuquerque, NM who will be attending Franciscan University in Steubenville, OH, and a student from Austintown, OH who has not yet selected a college or university.
2019 AWARD WINNER:
- Danielle Porter [Mount Union]
2020 AWARD WINNER: