Ohio law allows motorcyclists who suffer injuries in a crash to hold the at-fault passenger car driver financially accountable. You may be eligible to file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against the negligent driver who caused your Hilliard motorcycle accident. We can help recover compensation to pay your medical bills, make up for lost wages, and cover your full range of expenses and losses.
A motorcycle accident lawyer serving Hilliard from Bressman Law can handle your case from start to finish. We can explain your legal options for holding the at-fault party liable and trying to recover the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
Recovering Motorcycle Accident Damages
Too many factors go into determining a fair settlement value for us to put a price on how much your case might be worth before we conduct a full investigation. The severity and nature of your injuries and the cost of treatment play a major role in the value of your case. Motorcycle accidents can leave motorcyclists with broken limbs, road rash, head injuries, neck injuries, back injuries, or amputations.
Even though it is impossible to give you a value of your case without looking at it, we can help you understand the types of damages other motorcyclists recovered in similar accidents. Some of the most common damages we win for our clients through a settlement or verdict include:
Medical Care and Related Expenses
- Ambulance or Medevac transportation
- Emergency department visits
- Evaluation, testing, and medical imaging scans
- Surgical costs
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Outpatient therapies
- Ongoing care costs
- Medical equipment, such as wheelchairs and hospital beds
- Mobility and adaptive equipment
Other Economic Expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of household services previously performed
- Repair or replacement of the motorcycle
- Replacement of helmets and other safety gear
- Replacement of any other personal property damaged in the accident
- Rental car costs
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident and your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Other emotional damages
Wrongful Death Action After a Hilliard Motorcycle Crash
While we always hope it is not the case, sometimes motorcyclists suffer injuries they cannot survive. If you lost an immediate family member in a Hilliard motorcycle accident, you may be eligible to file for compensation. We can help you file a wrongful death claim and collect damages. Additional damages in a wrongful death claim aside from the ones mentioned above may include:
- Funeral and burial costs you paid
- Your own mental anguish
- Other emotional damages
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident attorney in Hilliard, call (614) 538-1116
Proving Your Hilliard, Ohio, Motorcycle Accident Case
Ohio requires all passenger car drivers to follow strict financial responsibility laws. This includes either carrying auto liability insurance or taking out a bond to cover your liability in the event of an accident. Most drivers opt to get an insurance policy to meet this responsibility. State-required insurance minimums include:
- $25,000 for injury or death of one person
- $50,000 for injury or death of two or more people
- $25,000 for property damage
We can often file an insurance claim and try to collect a payout based on this insurance policy. If this is not possible, we may want to consider filing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault passenger car driver. Either way, we have to prove to the insurance company or court that the passenger car driver caused your crash.
Hilliard Motorcycle Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
Collecting Evidence in a Motorcycle Crash
This requires us to conduct a full investigation, collecting a wide variety of evidence and analyzing it to understand exactly what happened and why.
This evidence may include:
- The police report
- Statements from witnesses
- A full survey, pictures, and other documentation of the accident site
- Any videos of the crash and pictures of the aftermath
- Data from accident reconstruction specialists
- Documentation of the damage to your motorcycle and other vehicles
- Your medical records
- Any available proof of your expenses and other damages
Once we collect this evidence, we can analyze it and try to build a solid case against the liable passenger car driver. This supports our insurance claim or forms the foundation of our argument in court.
Your Motorcycle Accident Report Tells the Story of Your Accident
When we compile evidence that supports your case, we start with the official accident report. It contains a plethora of information, including contact details for the at-fault driver, his insurance company, and accident witnesses.
It will also indicate:
- The date, time, and location of the accident
- Driver actions and behaviors that attributed to the accident
- Notes and diagrams from the investigating officer
Your motorcycle accident report will also note your readily available injuries and the condition of your motorcycle. It might also have police-generated photos and videos that support your compensation case.
Your Medical Records Tell the Story of Your Injuries
Your medical records also play an important role in establishing the financial value of your case. It will contain notes on the cause of your injuries, their extent and severity, and their ongoing and anticipated costs.
It will also contain details about your treatment plan and prognosis for the future. Your prognosis helps us prove the costs of medical care you will require after your case has been settled. We take this extra step to ensure you are not left with out-of-pocket costs once your case is resolved.
Click to contact our Hilliard Personal Injury Lawyers today
We Can Guide You Through the Hilliard, OH, Motorcycle Accident Claims Process
Our team understands the process of trying to recover compensation in an Ohio motorcycle accident case. We can help you navigate this process, handling all communication with the insurance company and working toward a fair settlement agreement with the insurance representative.
In some cases, the insurance company may deny our claim or refuse a fair settlement offer. If this happens in your case, we may file a personal injury lawsuit and take your case to court without hesitation. We are prepared to handle the entire litigation process when necessary.
We Never Stop Fighting for the Rights of Our Personal Injury Clients
The motorcycle accident lawyer you chose can make a big difference in your case and in your client service experience. When our previous clients talk about their experience with our law firm, they say the following:
- Thomas Burgess: “Jedidiah Bressman worked for me when I had an accident, and I would recommend him to others. He handled the entire long process for me and made the process easy…One day he called and said to come pick up a check!!”
- Roseann Moore: “Mr. David Bressman is a very thorough attorney. He will fight for you and is not afraid to take your case to trial. He is truly there for you and wants to help you get what you deserve. He is Awesome!!! I would highly recommend him.”
The clients we represent love working with David Bressman. He gets the job done in a warm, supportive, and helpful environment. Read additional reviews on our client testimonials page.
We Represent Injured Clients on a Contingency Fee Basis
At Bressman Law, we believe injured clients should have access to legal representation when holding at-fault drivers accountable for their negligence. We also understand the importance of hiring our law firm to represent you before the statute of limitations runs out on your case.
Our motorcycle accident attorney will do all of the following at no upfront or out-of-pocket cost to you:
- Review the cause of your accident
- Deal with the insurance company
- Consult relevant expert witnesses
- Locate and interview lay witnesses
In short, we do whatever it takes to effectively resolve your case and stop at nothing to obtain the best possible outcome for you.
We do not expect or accept compensation until we win it for you. Instead of adding to the financial hardship of the post-accident experience, we accept a percentage of your potential financial reward as compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Serving Hilliard, OH
A motorcycle accident attorney serving Hilliard, OH, from Bressman Law can provide you with the support you need after your accident. We are dedicated to serving our clients by evaluating their situation and fighting for the compensation they deserve after their accidents.
Call us today for a free consultation.