Back injuries can be debilitating and often get caused by motor vehicle collisions. If you suffered a back injury because of one or more negligent parties, you may be able to get your medical expenses and other damages covered by compensation won through a personal injury claim or lawsuit. A Marysville back pain lawyer can help you seek these awards.
The team at Bressman Law aims to get the job done for every client, and we will fight on your behalf for compensation. Call Bressman Law today at (614) 538-1116 for a free consultation about our legal services.
At-Fault Parties May Be Held Liable for Your Damages
Motorists and other involved parties in an accident may be held responsible if an injury or death occurred. Parties who may be held responsible for traffic collision damages may include:
- Truck drivers
- Passenger vehicle drivers
- Rideshare drivers
- Employers of drivers
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Parts manufacturers
- Vehicle assemblers
Your accident’s circumstances will determine who holds fault for your injuries. A lawyer can help you determine who is responsible for your back pain and any other accident-related losses you have suffered. They can perform several other legal duties on your behalf as well.
Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer
Some reasons why you may want to hire a lawyer can include:
- You do not want to face a legal battle about your accident alone
- You are in a diminished physical state
- You are in a diminished cognitive or emotional state
- You do not have much or any experience with insurance-related or legal matters
- You believe that somebody is at fault for your losses and would like assistance seeking compensation
A lawyer may start assisting you with your case by protecting you from making any potentially damaging statements to insurance companies or others involved in your accident. They can handle communications with insurers until you are completely comfortable giving your account of the accident.
In terms of insurance matters, your lawyer may also:
- Collect evidence pertaining to your accident
- Obtain witness accounts
- Calculate your losses
- Determine whether insurance will offer sufficient coverage for your losses
- Negotiate an insurance settlement
An insurance company might try to have you agree to a settlement that is less than what you are entitled to receive. Your lawyer can negotiate for a settlement that matches the total extent of your losses and may lead you down other paths to possible compensation if no acceptable offer comes through insurance.
A Marysville back pain lawyer can defend you from questionable tactics by insurance companies. Call Bressman Law today at (614) 538-1116 for more details about how we can assist you or a loved one seek compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a back pain injury lawyer serving Marysville, call (614) 538-1116
A Lawsuit May Be Necessary After Your Accident
There are many possible reasons why you might not collect the coverage you need from insurance. An insurance company may contest your account of events, a policy may have insufficient coverage limits, or all involved parties cannot agree to a settlement figure. In any case, you may choose to pursue compensation through a lawsuit.
If you do pursue a lawsuit, your lawyer may:
- Identify the people responsible for your losses
- Identify the actions or inactions that caused your losses
- Itemize your losses, both current and future losses
- Calculate your total losses
- File your lawsuit
- Conduct a private investigation to gather additional evidence
- Consult experts to testify on your behalf
- Negotiate a settlement
- Complete a trial if need be
Your lawyer will generally seek a settlement first and will pursue compensation through the trial process if one does not amount.
Seeking Compensation for Your Losses
Your lawyer may calculate the losses you suffered from your accident and losses you can expect to incur to gauge a value to pursue when seeking compensation. They might try to reach this figure when negotiating a settlement. If they are not successful, they may then seek awards through a judgment at trial.
Losses that may come from an accident may include:
- Lost income if you were or are unable to work—temporarily or permanently—because of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Psychological trauma
- A temporary or permanent decline in your earning power due to your injuries
- Damage to your vehicle and other personal property
- Medical expenses
- A decline in your quality of life
- Personal or professional opportunities that you have lost because of your injuries
These are only a few of the possible
losses that could come from an accident. When seeking compensation for your losses, your lawyer may cite specific forms of negligence that could entitle you to collect awards.
Behaviors that might make others responsible for your losses include:
- Driving aggressively
- Being distracted while driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to properly screen employees for whom driving is an aspect of their job
- Failing to test employees for drug and alcohol use
- Producing defective automotive equipment
Specific types of liability will vary from one accident to another. Your lawyer can analyze how your accident took place and determine who might owe you compensation for your losses.
Marysville Back Pain Injury Lawyer Near Me (614) 538-1116
Call Bressman Law if You Are Suffering From Back Pain After an Accident
Do not wait to call the team for a Marysville back pain lawyer. The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in Ohio is generally two years from the date of your accident, according to the Ohio Revised Code § 2305.10. The same period generally applies to wrongful death lawsuits. Exceptions may apply, so you might want to call our law firm to see where your case stands.
Call Bressman Law today at (614) 538-1116 for a free consultation.