Motor vehicle collisions can produce serious health problems, and traumatic brain injury (TBI) and concussions can have a substantial negative effect on your life. The symptoms of a concussion may touch virtually every aspect of your life and may take a toll that ranges beyond its financial harm. A concussion lawyer serving Marysville will determine how your concussion has negatively affected you and seek compensation covering your losses.
Call Bressman Law today at (614) 538-1116 for details regarding how our team will help you seek justice after a car accident.
Concussion Symptoms Can Be Long-Lasting
The Mayo Clinic lists several concussion symptoms, including:
- Changes in your cognitive abilities, such as diminished memory and confusion
- Changes in your appearance, as you may take on a dazed or sleepy look
- Slurred speech
- Changes in your vision, such as sensitivity to light, seeing stars, or blurry vision
- Nausea and vomiting
The duration of concussion symptoms could vary on a case-by-case basis. Your ability to obtain treatment shortly after sustaining your condition may be a factor in how quickly you recover.
Symptoms of a concussion may not become apparent until months after your accident, as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) note. The potential for injury that you are not immediately aware of makes it all the more important that you act quickly in the aftermath of a collision.
Call Us to Defend Your Rights After an Accident
A car accident can cause confusion among healthy motorists and passengers. Suffering a brain injury such as a concussion could heighten the risk that you will make unsound decisions after your collision. If you suffered a concussion, then you may:
- Be more likely to make out-of-character actions or statements.
- Not be competent to make on-the-record statements.
- Put your own right to compensation at risk without being aware.
- Benefit from calling a lawyer for help.
A lawyer will protect you from making any statements or taking any actions that could increase your liability for the accident, prevent you from obtaining compensation through insurance or a lawsuit, or harm you in other ways. You may be well-served to call the team for a lawyer as soon as you are able to after your accident.
Aside from providing immediate defense of your rights, your lawyer may:
- Obtain insurance information from parties involved in your accident.
- Speak with insurance companies until you have recovered from your concussion and are able to give on-the-record statements.
- Ensure that your accident is reported to relevant authorities.
- Ensure you receive the medical care that you need.
Insurance companies, motorists involved in your accident, and law enforcement officials may not necessarily have your best interests at heart. A concussion lawyer serving Marysville will make your best interests their top priority, defending your rights and helping you pursue any compensation that you are entitled to collect.
For a free legal consultation with a concussion injury attorney in Marysville, call (614) 538-1116
Your Lawyer Will Assign Fault for Your Accident
Assessing the facts of your accident may allow your lawyer to figure out who may owe you compensation for your losses. The American Bar Association (ABA) notes that somebody may be at fault in a personal injury case if:
- They caused you harm as the result of negligent acts.
- They committed an intentional act that contributed to your losses.
- They are deemed strictly liable for your losses.
Your lawyer may be familiar with these legal standards for liability and can advise you regarding who to name in an insurance claim or lawsuit. Some possible liable parties in the case of your accident are:
- A motorist responsible for causing your accident
- An employer of the motorist who caused your accident
- A municipality
- A vehicle or components manufacturer
- A mechanic or auto shop
- A pedestrian whose actions contributed to your accident
Liability must be assessed within the context of each individual accident, and your lawyer will do just that. Once they determine who is responsible for your losses, your lawyer will set out to obtain any compensation that you should be entitled to. Call Bressman Law at (614) 538-1116.
Your Lawyer Will File Your Claim or Lawsuit
You may be able to recover the compensation that you are entitled to through insurance, though under certain circumstances a lawsuit may be necessary (or preferable). Irrespective of which means to possible compensation you choose, your lawyer will:
- Calculate the value of your accident-related losses
- Keep a running account of your losses as they evolve
- Identify those responsible for your losses
- Explain your options for seeking compensation
- Enact the means of seeking compensation (lawsuit or insurance claim) that you choose to pursue
- Handle correspondence with insurance companies, attorneys, and parties involved in your claim or lawsuit
- Negotiate a settlement
- Bring your lawsuit to trial if they cannot negotiate an acceptable settlement
- File any necessary appeals
Your lawyer will also protect your rights from the moment that you are able to retain their services, until the completion of your claim or lawsuit.
Possible Compensation from Your Accident
Your lawyer will seek fair compensation for your losses—whether you were injured, lost a loved one, or are serving as the advocate for an injured loved one. The compensation that you may claim will depend on the losses you have suffered and the extent to which other parties are liable.
Some losses for which you may recover compensation include:
- Accident-related medical expenses
- Lost income
- Psychological trauma and treatment for such harm
- Diminished earning capacity
- Permanent disability
- In the case of a wrongful death, lost income, funeral expenses, and loss of consortium
Your lawyer will seek awards for your losses to date as well as those you are likely to suffer in the future.
Marysville Concussion Injury Attorney (614) 538-1116
Call Bressman Law Today
Hiring a concussion lawyer serving Marysville could help you preserve your rights after an accident, especially if you have suffered a potentially-disorienting head injury. Call Bressman Law today at (614) 538-1116 to find out how we will get the job done for you after a car accident.
Call or text (614) 538-1116 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form