Gahanna Car Accident Lawyer
Traffic accidents cause millions of injuries each year. When victims sustain physical and emotional damages in an accident caused by another party’s negligence, Ohio affords them the right to file a claim for compensation against the responsible party. In many cases, this requires assistance from a Gahanna car accident lawyer to help recover damages.
The General Process of a Car Accident Claim
Generally, a simple car accident claim follows a certain series of steps that claimants must follow in order to recover compensation.
- The victim calls his or her own insurance company to report the accident, and files a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- The insurance adjuster obtains an estimate on the value of the claim, using evidence such as appraisals, medical bills, proof of lost wages, etc.
- The insurance company either denies the claim or makes the claimant a settlement offer.
- Once settled, the claimant receives a reimbursement check.
Nevertheless, claims can and often do often become complicated for a number of reasons and may require additional steps, negotiation and the assistance of a Gahanna car accident lawyer.
Do you need a car accident attorney in Gahanna?
Minor accidents in Gahanna that cause little vehicle damage and minor or no injuries usually don’t necessitate an attorney. However, there are more serious cases that may benefit greatly from a lawyer’s assistance. If any of the following apply to your case, speak with an attorney about representation.
- The value of your claim is more than a few thousand dollars.
- Your injuries are serious, disabling or difficult to prove, such as soft tissue injuries.
- Who was at fault in the accident is either unclear or is being disputed.
- The insurance company has denied or undermined your claim.
A car accident attorney will handle all the legal processes, negotiating with the insurance company, fighting for your best interests and being prepared to go court if a suitable settlement with the insurer cannot be reached.
Many victims are concerned that they might not be able to afford a Gahanna car accident lawyer, though. Fortunately, some firms, such as Bressman Law, work on a contingency basis. That means we require no upfront free; we only get paid if we help you obtain a settlement for your damages.
Helpful Resources for Car Accident Victims
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Gahanna, we have a couple resources on our site that you might find useful.
- A free accident guidebook: Auto Collisions: Knowledge is Power Guide
- Videos: Two of our videos, The “Time” Bomb – How long do I have to bring my personal injury claim? and My car is damaged. What are my rights? What does the insurance company owe me? on our video page explain key pieces of information.
- Our legal blog offers helpful information about car accidents and other personal injury topics.
Call Bressman Law to Speak with a Gahanna Car Accident Lawyer
If you were recently injured in a car accident in Gahanna, call injury attorney David Bressman for a free consultation. We can review your case, answer any questions that you may have and help you proceed with your claim to recover damages. Feel free to peruse our testimonials and verdicts to get a better feel for who we are.
Contact us today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation today at 866-777-6680. You also can set up your consultation by filling out our online contact form.