The team at Bressman Law understands how difficult life can be after suffering a traumatic brain injury. The medical bills and inability to work can leave anyone feeling hopeless. However, you may have options. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) lawyer in Gahanna can help you recover compensation to pay for any injury-related costs if we can prove another party caused your injury.
Damages Available in a Gahanna TBI Case
The damages available in your case will depend on the nature and severity of the brain injury you or your loved one sustained.
If you or a loved one suffered a severe brain injury, has lasting disabilities, or requires ongoing care, your payout will probably be much larger than someone who suffered a relatively minor concussion. Depending on the circumstances of your injury, you may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Medical care, including hospitalization;
- Inpatient rehabilitation and therapy;
- Outpatient therapies;
- Prescription drug costs;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of future income and benefits;
- Home health care and in-home nursing care;
- Ongoing care costs;
- Future injury-related expenses;
- Wheelchairs and other adaptive equipment;
- Wheelchair lifts, ramps, and other modifications;
- Miscellaneous related costs; and
- Pain and suffering
If your loved one died because of their TBI, we may also be able to file a wrongful death claim and help you recover compensation based on these damages. Do not hesitate to call us to learn more.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury attorney in Gahanna, call (614) 538-1116
Navigating the Claims Process After a TBI in Gahanna
When we discuss your case during your initial consultation, one of the first things we will do is to identify the laws that may apply to your situation. Most commonly, these cases involve:
- Auto insurance laws;
- Personal injury law; or
- Vicarious liability.
The applicable laws depends on how your TBI occurred and what led to the accident. For example, if a defective product caused the brain injury, we would apply product liability laws. If it happened in a truck accident with a negligent truck driver, auto insurance laws and the vicarious liability doctrine would apply. This can be somewhat complex, but we handle these cases regularly and can explain how the applicable laws affect the claims process.
If you enlist our help with your case, we will launch a full investigation into the circumstances of your accident and injury. This process includes:
- Identifying and analyzing the evidence in your case;
- Interviewing any eyewitnesses;
- Searching for and reviewing any videos of the accident;
- Reviewing accident reports and police reports;
- Enlisting the help of experts to explain your accident and injuries, if necessary;
- Identifying all potentially at-fault parties;
- Working to understand each party’s role in causing or contributing to your injury;
- Using the evidence we collect to prove negligence and liability; and
- Proving the value of your damages through copies of bills, receipts, and other documentation.
Once we build a strong case on your behalf, we can begin the claims process. In most cases, this means filing an insurance claim with the at-fault party’s auto, home, or business liability insurer. We send a letter that outlines our case and demands a payout for the damages you suffered.
In most cases, the at-fault party’s insurance company responds with a counter-offer and begins the negotiation process. We can usually negotiate a fair settlement during this process by showing the evidence we have against the responsible party in your case.
Occasionally, we do have to take a Gahanna TBI case to court. In some cases, the insurance company will attempt to reduce or reject your claim by denying liability or alleging you contributed to your own injuries. When this happens, we will file the lawsuit for you and represent you in court. We present your case and the evidence we collected to the judge and jury and ask them to award you the compensation you deserve to cover your damages.
Gahanna Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney (614) 538-1116
Statute of Limitations on Ohio TBI Lawsuits
Ohio’s statute of limitations on negligence cases typically gives you two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit based on your TBI, but, under certain circumstances, could be less or more. If we do not file a civil suit during this period, you will not be able to recover compensation.
Contact our legal team today so we can start building your case.
Click to contact our Gahanna Personal Injury Lawyers today
We Understand the Impact a Serious Injury Has On Your Life, Family, and Future
Everyone we represent has a unique journey to recovery and faces different challenges. Being there to help injured victims when the unexpected happens and seeing our clients emerge from painful situations fills us with immense pride.
It drives us to constantly build on our prior success and experience to provide legal excellence at all times. We do the best we can to serve our clients when they are injured by the negligence of others by:
- Building genuine connections with our clients and always being transparent, open, and available to answer their questions.
- Successfully representing clients in a wide variety of injury cases ranging from short-term issues to catastrophic, life-changing disabilities.
- Bringing over 25 years of experience representing personal injury claimants and over 60 years of combined courtroom experience to the table.
- Knowing how to handle the responsibilities of building and proving a case.
- Understand how to overcome the strategies insurance companies can use to protect their financial interests when negotiating for an appropriate settlement.
While we can tell you about what we do, we believe it is much better to hear from our clients about their experience with us and our results on their behalf.
Our previous clients’ testimonials can give you an idea of what it is like to work with our firm:
“David Bressman and his team are very professional. Through, knowledgeable and dedicated! They put their clients first. My experience with David was wonderful. He had my best interest in mind at all times, coached me and prepared me on what to expect and made me comfortable in any situation I was in. He is an attorney that knows the laws and is very well respected in the community” – Stacey Kuzda, January 2022
“Attorney Bressman helped my husband with an auto accident settlement. We couldn’t be happier with his services. He was kind, patient and professional. With his years of experience, he was able to get us more money than we anticipated. Would recommend him to anyone!!!” – Melissa Williams, April 2022
Notable Case Results
Some of our previous case results include:
- Family of four injured in a three-car accident – settled before trial for $1.6 Million (2021)
- Pedestrian struck by a vehicle – settled before trial for policy limits of $100,000 (2020)
- Dog bite – settled before trial for $87,500 – the previous lawyer had a best offer of $22,000 (2020)
- Motorcycle wreck – settled before trial for $227,500 (2020)
Injured while a passenger on a shuttle bus – settled before trial for $130,000 (2020)
- Motorcycle Accident – $850,000 Settlement of multiple injuries, including several surgeries (2020)
Whether you were injured while at work, while shopping, or in an auto accident if you believe you sustained a TBI due to someone else’s negligent actions, we can help.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach out to a TBI Lawyer Near You
If you or a family member suffered a TBI in a Gahanna, OH, we may be able to help you hold the at-fault party liable for your physical, financial, and emotional losses. Attorney David Bressman and the team from Bressman Law offers complimentary case evaluations for Ohio brain injury victims.
We also provide our legal services on a contingency fee basis. This means there are no upfront or out-of-pocket expenses for you to pay. Instead, we finance the cost of building and pursuing your case while you focus on your recovery. Our fees are only deducted when we obtain a favorable settlement or verdict on your behalf.