Being in a traffic accident could leave you with a herniated disk and other injuries that negatively affect your quality of life. Suffering from injuries can prevent you from working, cause undeserved financial strain, and expose you to stress that you would not have faced were you not involved in an accident. One or more parties may owe you compensation for hardship related to a motor vehicle collision.
Hiring a herniated disk lawyer serving Marysville could take the responsibility of pursuing compensation out of your hands. Your lawyer will calculate your losses and pursue fair compensation from those who are at fault for causing your losses.
Call Bressman Law today at (614) 538-1116 for a free consultation about a lawyer’s services.
Injuries Can Have a Devastating Impact
Injuries suffered in a car accident may change life as you know it, and a herniated disk can be a particularly bothersome issue. An injury may:
- Cause constant pain
- Cause acute, unpredictable pain
- Prevent you from moving physically
- Prevent you from engaging in activities that are good for your mental health, such as exercise
- Cause a significant decline in your mental health
- Prevent you from working, temporarily or permanently
Experiencing even one of these injury outcomes can be grounds for you to seek compensation, and they do not broach the economic losses you may suffer. If you have suffered a herniated disk from a motor vehicle accident, then your economic costs may include:
- The cost of taxis, ridesharing services, or other forms of transportation while your vehicle is undrivable
- The cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle
- The cost of having your injuries diagnosed and treated
- The cost of rehabilitating your injuries
- Income that you cannot collect because you are injured and unable to work
- The cost of hiring caregivers if you or an injured loved one cannot perform self-care
The collective toll that economic and non-economic damages can take on you may be overwhelming. The possibility that you cannot work, collect an income, and offset your economic costs could make matters even worse.
A lawyer may provide their services at no upfront cost, and you may owe them nothing unless they are able to secure compensation for you, as the American Bar Association explains. Such an arrangement could allow you to hire a lawyer without digging a deeper financial hole.
A Lawyer Will Identify the Cause of Your Losses
If you choose to hire a lawyer, then they will determine who is responsible for causing your losses. The person or people that they identify may be named as the subject of an insurance claim or as defendants in a lawsuit.
Some candidates for liability include:
- The manufacturer or assembler of a vehicle that malfunctioned and caused your accident
- The manufacturer or assembler of a component, such as an airbag, that failed and made the result of your accident worse
- A motorist whose actions directly caused your accident
- Any employer of a driver responsible for your accident
- A local government if road conditions contributed to your accident
Your herniated disk lawyer serving Marysville will identify not only who is responsible for your losses, but also the specific acts or failures that make them liable. Call Bressman Law today at (614) 538-1116 for more details about how a lawyer can assist you.
For a free legal consultation with a herniated disk attorney in Marysville, call (614) 538-1116
Acts That May Entitle You to Compensation
The Legal Information Institute (LII) explains the legal concept of duty of care, which may be central to your pursuit of compensation. The duty of care may apply in many different settings (including on the roads of Marysville), and generally means that someone “must act in the same manner as a reasonably prudent person in their position would”.
Motorists, vehicle manufacturers, employers, and others who could be held liable for an accident may be judged by this duty of care. Motorists may be in violation of their duty of care if they:
- Cut other drivers off in a dangerous fashion
- Do not maintain and use safety-related features of their vehicle—such as headlights, turn signals, windshield wipers, and brake lights
- Run red lights, stop signs, and yield signs
- Drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drive while distracted
- Change lanes abruptly
- Do anything that puts others at an unreasonable risk of harm
- Fail to take actions that could protect others from an unreasonable risk of harm
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes how dangerous driver recklessness can be, as either speeding or drunkenness are a factor in roughly 1 in 3 traffic deaths in the United States. Motorists who put others at risk of injury or death may be held financially liable for the violations of their duty of care.
Your Lawyer Will Fight for Justice
You may be able to recover compensation for your losses through an insurance claim or lawsuit, and your lawyer can help you do either. Your lawyer may assist you by providing general guidance, knowledge of the law, and protection of your rights. They may also:
- Collect evidence with assistance from hired investigators
- Consult experts to provide testimony
- Calculate your losses
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf
- File a lawsuit if it is the route you choose
- Ensure that your lawsuit reaches completion in the form of either a settlement or judgment
Having a lawyer handle your insurance claim or lawsuit could free you up to focus on your recovery and other important matters during this time.
Marysville Herniated Disk Attorney (614) 538-1116
Call Bressman Law Today
A herniated disk lawyer serving Marysville will defend your rights and pursue any compensation that you are entitled to for your losses. They will take into account the toll that your herniated disk and any other injuries have taken on you, determine who is responsible for your losses, and seek awards through insurance or litigation.
Call Bressman Law today at (614) 538-1116 for a free consultation. Do not wait to call, as your ability to pursue compensation may be time-sensitive.