Many people across Marysville, OH rely on rideshare services like Uber and Lyft to get from point A to point B. Rideshare services are usually a safe alternative to driving after drinking or when you’re too tired. Unfortunately, accidents do occur. When they do, these accidents are slightly more complicated than a typical car accident.
After getting in a rideshare accident, you might need help figuring out what to do. The Marysville, OH rideshare accident lawyers from Bressman Law can guide you on steps to take after an accident. Our personal injury team has helped many rideshare accident victims through these claims and can stand up for your legal rights, too.
Bressman Law Can Provide Legal Advocacy in Union County, Ohio
At our firm, we believe it is unfair that accident victims could have to deal with their injuries caused by someone else for the rest of their life. Because of this, we provide aggressive legal advocacy to ensure our clients get the compensation they deserve. You shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket for your medical bills or other losses. Instead, the person who caused the accident should pay.
When you choose our firm, you can expect to get ahold of your lawyer when you need to. We have a communication system that puts our clients’ needs first. So, if you have a question or want to know if anything new is happening with your case, you can find out quickly.
How Much Does an Attorney Cost?
At Bressman Law, we understand that many of our clients face financial hardship when they call on us. However, we don’t want to make their situation more stressful by charging upfront fees. That is why we offer the following:
- Free consultations: Each potential client can have a free consultation. During the consultation, you can ask us anything about your case, and we will provide you with answers. By the end of the consultation, you will have information about how we can help you and know more about your legal options.
- Contingency fees: A contingency fee means you do not have to pay us unless we help you recover compensation. Once you recover compensation, you must only pay us a small percentage of your earnings.
We offer this fee structure because we want our clients to have the chance to hold the liable party accountable. If the injured party is too worried about legal fees, they might not take the chance of getting the compensation they deserve.
Our Team Can Help You Get Fair Compensation
We always strive to help our clients get fair compensation for their injuries. Our team can review your losses and determine their value. For example, you could recoup the money you lost paying for medical bills or if you had to miss work. You could also recover compensation for the pain and emotional impacts your injuries caused.
When you start working with our team, we can review all your losses to get a more accurate value of how much your case is worth. Then, we can use this value when negotiating with the opposing attorneys.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accident attorney in Marysville, call (614) 538-1116
What to Do After a Marysville Rideshare Accident
Since rideshare accidents are a little different than a typical car accident, there are steps you could take to help your case. These steps include:
- Get information about what setting the rideshare driver was in. Their setting during the accident plays a huge role in whose insurance coverage pays for the accident. The driver’s personal coverage will cover the accident if the app is off. If the app was on and the driver was waiting for a ride, driving to pick up passengers, or had a passenger in the car, the rideshare service’s coverage would cover the accident.
- Contact first responders. Call the police and the emergency medical response team. When the police arrive, give them your statement of events. Also, seek medical attention from the emergency response team. Even if you feel like you aren’t injured, they must conduct a physical exam. If you realize later you’re injured, this documentation helps.
- Get medical attention. Make an appointment with your primary care physician or go to an urgent care clinic or emergency room to seek further treatment. The sooner you seek treatment, the better your chance of a full recovery. Make sure you keep all documentation regarding your injuries to show proof if you file a claim in the future.
- Get the contact information of everyone involved in the accident. This includes their name, phone number, driver’s license number, license plate number, and insurance information. Also, identify witnesses who saw the accident and get their contact information in case you need their statements in the future.
- Connect with our Marysville, OH rideshare accident lawyer. Getting help from our attorneys quickly can help to ensure you meet any timelines. In Ohio, you generally have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit (Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10). We can get to work quickly to ensure you have time to follow the proper steps toward recovering compensation.
Following these steps can help to make your claim stronger. When you contact our firm after the rideshare accident, we can help you navigate the steps you must take.
Marysville Rideshare Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
Contact Our Firm Today to Get the Help You Need
After getting in a rideshare accident, you may have to deal with significant injuries. On top of that, trying to navigate the claims process can take your focus off healing. You shouldn’t have to fight alone. Our team can help you seek justice by requesting compensation to cover the losses you endured. If someone else acted negligently, they should pay.
Contact our team today for a free consultation. We can hear your story and how your injuries have impacted your life. In addition, our team stays updated on the ever-changing laws regarding rideshare drivers and can make sure to file your claim correctly. At Bressman Law, we are committed to helping each client recover from their losses without worrying about the financial impacts of a rideshare accident.