Rideshare platforms have become popular over the past few years. More and more people use services like Uber to get from place to place. There are many scenarios where taking an Uber is more convenient. Uber is usually a safe ride when you’re going somewhere without a lot of parking, or you can’t drive after a night out. Unfortunately, just like with any vehicle, accidents can occur.
If you’ve sustained injuries from an accident involving an Uber, an Uber accident lawyer serving Marysville, OH, can help. Our team can represent you and determine if the Uber driver or Uber company is at fault for the accident. Then, when you choose our personal injury law firm, we can go to work so that you can move on with your life. We don’t want you to suffer financially because of someone else’s actions.
Bressman Law Has Served Clients for 30-Plus Years
For more than 30 years, our Ohio legal team has served clients who suffered injuries that brought them significant financial and personal losses. Working in the legal field for this time gives us the knowledge we need to fight insurance companies. We know the tactics they use to get people to accept low settlement offers.
When insurance companies offer our clients low settlements, we negotiate for more. For example, in the past, we have negotiated with insurance companies to raise the following offers:
- The insurance company offered our client $5,000 to cover their losses. After negotiating with them, our team helped our client receive $38,214.81.
- Nationwide Insurance offered our client $5,000. Our team helped them receive a verdict to where the insurance company owed them $100,000.
- Nationwide offered our client $0. After presenting a solid case, the courts awarded our client $180,000.
These are just a few of our case results that show how our team turned an insurance company’s low offer into a substantial monetary reward. After someone else’s actions injure you, you shouldn’t have to settle for less than you deserve. Our attorneys can get to work to ensure you receive fair compensation for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accident attorney in Marysville, call (614) 538-1116
You Could Recover Damages After a Marysville, OH, Uber Rideshare Accident
An injured party can recover compensation for damages suffered because of the Uber driver’s conduct. Damages can include economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages compensate the injured party for their actual financial losses. Non-economic damages compensate the injured party for the intangible harm their injuries or the accident caused them. When you work with the attorneys at Bressman Law, we can fight for you to recover all the damages you suffered.
You generally have two years to file a lawsuit to recover compensation, according to Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10. Our team can ensure you meet timelines to take advantage of the compensation you need to move forward.
Many people suffer financial harm after getting hurt in an Uber accident. You could end up with extensive medical bills that could continue growing. Also, you could miss work while recovering. You can seek damages if any financial loss happens to you because of your accident.
Examples of damages you could recover include:
- Medical expenses: You could have had to pay high out-of-pocket costs for your medical care. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you might have stayed in the hospital or required surgery. Any type of medical treatment could cost you a lot of money. You could include those costs in your claim if you suffered any financial loss from medical care.
- Future medical expenses: If your injuries require future medical care, you could recover compensation for the projected future medical expenses. Our car accident attorneys can help you calculate an estimated value of those costs.
- Rehabilitation treatments: Your injuries might require you to undergo rehabilitation treatments, such as physical or occupational therapy. The costs could add up if you have to self-pay for these treatments. You can include the costs of any rehabilitation treatments you had to pay to your claim.
- Lost earnings: If the severity of your injuries made you miss work, you could include the income you lost in your claim. Lost earnings could also include future lost income if you suffered diminished earning capacity because you can no longer perform the job duties you had before suffering injuries.
- Property damage: If an Uber ran into your vehicle in Marysville, OH, you could include property damage costs in your claim. You could also include diminished property value. When you go to sell your car, you may find it has a lower value because it was in an accident. You deserve to recover compensation for that loss if you didn’t cause the accident.
Economic damages are typically easier to calculate because they are associated with a justified dollar loss. Therefore, when you receive bills or pay stubs indicating these losses, keep them to prove you suffered the loss.
Uber accidents can cause injuries that could leave someone in extreme pain for a long time. They can also cause negative psychological issues that people may have to deal with for the rest of their lives. At Bressman Law, we believe you deserve to recover compensation for non-monetary losses. Therefore, we can fight for you to recover the following damages:
- Pain and suffering: The physical pain you experience because of your injuries. These damages could also include the discomfort you felt.
- Emotional distress: The emotional turmoil you went through because of your injuries. Many people in car accidents could have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or anxiety afterward. Our team can help you get compensated for that.
Our team has the tools to determine the value of your non-economic damages.
Marysville Uber Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
How Are Uber Accidents Different From Other Car Accidents?
The issue of liability makes Uber accidents different from typical car accidents. If an Uber driver turns their app off, their insurance coverage is responsible for the accident. Uber’s insurance coverage is responsible for the accident if the Uber app is on.
Our Ohio injury attorneys can help you to determine whose insurance coverage must cover the damages after an accident. As a result, we can ensure that you seek the compensation you deserve from the right party.
Click to contact our Marysville, OH Rideshare Accident Lawyers today
Contact Our Team Today for a Free Consultation After an Uber Accident in Marysville, OH
After getting into an Uber accident, you can turn to our team for support. We can help you determine liability and provide the support you need. Contact an Uber accident lawyer serving Marysville, OH, today for a free consultation. We can discuss the circumstances of your case and provide legal guidance.