Whether when turning out of Seldom Seen Park or riding home from the YMCA on Liberty Road, bicyclists have the same rights as other road users. If you or a loved one was injured in a bicycle accident, you have legal recourse options. Bressman Law can seek compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and other related expenses.
A bicycle accident lawyer from our firm serving Powell, Ohio is ready to start building your case today. We offer complimentary case reviews where we can discuss your case at no obligation.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer From Bressman Law?
Our lawyers manage bicycle accident cases on a contingency-fee basis, so:
- We don’t require retainers or hourly payments
- Our attorney’s fees come from your settlement or court award
- You don’t pay anything out of pocket to retain our help
We want to make legal aid accessible to those who need it. Right now, we don’t want you to worry about affording a lawyer. Instead, we want you to focus on your health and well-being.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accident attorney in Powell, call (614) 538-1116
You Generally Have Two Years to File Your Bicycle Accident Lawsuit in Ohio
Bressman Law resolves many injury cases through insurance negotiations. Yet, we may consider filing a lawsuit if the liable party refuses to settle. These statutory deadlines may apply:
- You generally have two years to file your injury lawsuit, per Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10. Your filing date begins the day you suffered harm.
- If you lost a loved one, you usually have two years to file your wrongful death lawsuit, per Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02. Your filing deadline starts when your loved one passes away.
Different deadlines apply to filing insurance claims.
Powell Bicycle Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
We’re Determined to Recover Compensation for Your Injury-Related Expenses
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that, in 2018, fatal bicycle accidents in Ohio cost more than $32 million. This figure attests to the severity of these collisions and how they affect victims’ lives.
We’re ready to recover these losses:
- Medical bills, including your past, present, and future healthcare expenses
- Lost income, tips, bonuses, commissions, and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage expenses (including your bicycle’s repairs)
- Funeral expenses, including cremation/burial
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical therapy and mental health services
- Loss of consortium, parental guidance, and household benefits
We will evaluate your losses by reviewing your medical bills, income statements, and injury-related receipts. We’ve recovered millions for accident claimants. Now, we’re ready to advocate for you.
Click to contact our Powell Personal Injury Lawyers today
How Our Team Will Seek Compensation After Your Powell Bicycle Accident
The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles requires all motorists to carry liability insurance. After getting hurt in a bicycle accident, you can file a claim with the at-fault motorist’s insurance policy. To seek a settlement:
We Will Write and Send Your Demand Letter
A demand letter outlines the cost of your damages, the nature of your injuries, and the amount you’re requesting from the insurance company. We hope that after the claims adjuster reads your letter, they’ll offer compensation. If not, we can negotiate a fair deal.
We Will Use Evidence to Support Your Case
During negotiations, we’ll use evidence to support your right to damages. Supporting information may include:
- A copy of the accident report from the Ohio Department of Public Safety
- Photos of your injuries, your bicycle, and the accident scene
- Security camera footage
- Witness statements
- Information from accident reconstruction specialists
We’ll also use records of your bills and receipts to assert your case’s value.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Attorneys May File an Injury Lawsuit if the Insurer Doesn’t Cooperate
If the insurance company refuses to settle, we’ll file a lawsuit against the negligent party. This requires us to:
- File your case within the applicable deadline
- Take depositions from the involved parties
- Cross-examine the other party’s witnesses
- Object to unfair questions or proceedings
- Build your case’s argument
While we fight for compensation in the courtroom, we’ll continue negotiating with the insurance company. Sometimes, after filing a lawsuit, insurance companies see that we’re serious and are more inclined to settle.
We Offer Free Resources to Bicycle Accident Claimants
Moving forward, we want you to understand your legal rights and options. That’s why we’ve published resources for bicycle accident claimants and their loved ones. You can request free copies of the following:
Auto Collisions: Knowledge Is Power Guide
This book is your one-stop shop for all your legal questions. Here, we describe the claims process, how we can support your case, and what you should consider moving forward. It also includes:
- How to deal with insurance companies
- When to consider legal aid
- Common types of compensable injuries
- Ohio’s negligence laws
- What constitutes a fair settlement offer
The Full Bressman Law Crash Kit
When you request a copy of our free book, you’ll also get our copyrighted “Pain Diary.” This resource lets you document your collision’s aftermath, including the dates of your doctor’s appointments and therapy sessions.
You’ll also gain insight into how to collect basic pieces of evidence, including photos, videos, and crash reports.
Our Past Clients Speak to Our Service Commitment
Bressman Law is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). We have an “A+” rating and 5/5 stars on the platform. Furthermore, our clients have shared these statements with us:
- “David, Karen and the staff at Bressman Law are AMAZING. We were put in a terrible situation due to the incompetence of another attorney. David was the only one who would help us. He fixed the problems, turned things around and got us a settlement better than expected.” ––Jerry F.
- “David and his staff at Bressman Law are absolutely the best! David was upfront and honest with us from the very beginning. He told us what to expect and the timeline of the case as it proceeded. We followed his advice and received a very nice settlement that we were satisfied with.” ––Steve H.
- “Bressman Law is the best! One of the things I love about their office was that there was always a kind voice on the other end of the telephone. They also returned with an answer to every question and concern, professionally and promptly. Also, I appreciate that Mr. Bressman really listened to what my family and I needed.” ––Dave C.
Begin Your Free Case Review With Bressman Law
Our bicycle accident lawyers serving Powell are ready to pursue the compensation you need. We offer free case reviews where we can discuss your situation at no obligation. To get started, dial (877) 538-1116.
Call or text (614) 538-1116 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form