Product manufacturers have an important responsibility to protect consumers from harm. Unfortunately, some products that reach the market are still defective, faulty, or mislabeled. In some cases, these products end up harming consumers.
If you or a loved one suffered harm due to a mislabeled or faulty product in Central Ohio, our Powell product liability lawyers at Bressman Law could help. We can explore your legal options and, if needed, represent you in a court of law.
Does My Case Qualify for a Product Liability Lawsuit?
You could pursue a product liability lawsuit based on two legal concepts:
- Negligence: This approach involves determining three elements—the liable party owed you a duty of care, breached that duty, and this breach led to your injuries. If you can prove all three, you have a legal case. Assigning negligence is critical in these cases.
- Strict liability: Product liability cases often use a strict liability standard. For these cases, our team just needs to prove that the defective product resulted in your injuries while using it as intended, with no alterations.
Our team at Bressman Law can explain the difference between negligence and strict liability if you’re unclear which applies to your case.
Liable Parties in a Product Liability Case
You will find that most product liability cases involve one or more of these parties:
- The product designer
- The product manufacturer
- The product retailer
- The product shipper
- The product marketer
You must establish a direct link between any of the above party’s actions and your injuries for a lawsuit or insurance claim.
Common Product Liability Cases
Ohio Revised Code Section 2307.71 offers a statewide definition of a product: “any object, substance, mixture, or raw material that constitutes tangible personal property.” In addition, a product must meet these criteria:
- It can be delivered either fully assembled or as an ingredient
- It is meant to be sold or traded for personal or commercial use
In simple terms, most items bought or sold for personal use qualify as a “product.” Thus, product liability cases often involve these items:
- Household appliances
- Children’s toys
- Automotives or automotive parts
- Consumer electronics
- Foods or drinks
This list hardly exhausts the products that could cause injuries. However, if you’re unsure about the specifics of your situation, our team at Bressman Law can provide a detailed analysis.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability attorney in Powell, call (614) 538-1116
What a Product Liability Lawyer Can Provide
A product liability lawyer serving Powell can offer many critical services, such as:
- Negotiating with the liable party and insurers
- Filing your claim or lawsuit
- Acting as your representative
- Maintaining communications with any parties involved in the case
- Putting their courtroom advocacy experience to work in a trial
A Product Liability Lawyer Is More Affordable Than You Think
At Bressman Law, we guarantee that you’ll pay nothing upfront if you choose us as your product liability legal team. We offer free case evaluations and work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we won’t get paid unless you recover compensation for your damages.
Powell Product Liability Attorney (614) 538-1116
Determining the Value of Your Product Liability Case
Product liability is a type of personal injury law. Given the wide variety of product liability cases, it’s impossible to know what your case will be worth before reviewing the unique circumstances of your case. In addition, the specific damages you suffered will affect your compensation.
Typically, common damages associated with a product liability claim or suit include:
- Upfront medical expenses, like emergency care or surgeries
- Ongoing medical expenses, like medications or physical therapy
- Lost wages because of being unable to work
- Future lost income
- Any out-of-pocket costs associated with your injury
- Pain and suffering
- Other emotional damage sustained from your injury
Your product liability lawyer serving Powell can review your situation to determine if you could claim any other damages.
Click to contact our Powell Personal Injury Lawyers today
Statute of Limitations in Powell
According to Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10, you generally have two years after your injury to file a product liability claim or suit. This deadline is the same for wrongful death suits per Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02.
While these deadlines are usually two years, outside factors may alter how long you have. Our team is experienced in ensuring product liability cases stay on track. We’ll help you file the necessary documents and stay on top of your specific deadlines.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Put 30 Years of Personal Injury Law to Work for You
Personal injury law is all we do at Bressman Law. We’ve served clients for over 30 years, and our team has more than 60 years of combined courtroom experience. This experience has allowed us to secure considerable settlements for our clients.
Responsiveness and transparency are essential to our legal process. We don’t play phone tag. Thus, if you need answers about your case, we’ll provide them. If you join us as a client, you won’t be left in the dark. Instead, we’ll keep you updated on the status of your case and share any essential documents you’d like to review.
Our clients appreciate our responsiveness, compassion, and work ethic, as evidenced by their positive testimonials:
- “Bressman Law was quick and efficient with everything they did. Jedidiah was incredibly professional and got the other party involved to settle out of court in one day after meeting with him. I would recommend the team at Bressman Law to anyone!” – Caroline W.
- “David handles cases with a level of professionalism and care that is rare in this industry. A great pick to support you when your biggest focus is on recovery and getting what you deserve.” – Thayne R.
- “My experience with Bressman Law was very positive. The staff treated me as a friend. I felt my interests were being taken care of as they guided me through the process. Mr. Bressman is confident and knows what to do to get the most favorable outcome. I highly recommend him.” — James C.
Don’t Wait to Call a Powell Product Liability Lawyer
Did you or a loved one suffer injuries due to a malfunctioning product? If so, our term serving Powell, Ohio, is ready to review your case. Call us today for a free, no-obligation evaluation.
Call or text (614) 538-1116 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form