If you or someone you love was injured in a collision involving a rideshare vehicle, we can help you seek financial recovery. Our Powell, OH rideshare accident lawyer will explain your rights and the rideshare company’s responsibilities. We start by reviewing the details of your case at no cost to you.
We also handle the negotiation process from start to finish and never stop fighting for financial recovery. At Bressman Law, our goal is to ensure you get the ongoing legal care and support you need to start rebuilding your life.
Understand How the Legal Elements of Negligence Lead to Financial Recovery
Many factors of your accident and of the driver’s status on the rideshare app will determine whether we pursue the driver or the company for compensation. If you were a rideshare passenger, pedestrian, or another driver, we can help you recover damages.
On your behalf, we may seek compensation from Uber or Lyft insurance if the driver was on the way to a passenger or actively transporting one. If neither was the case, we help you seek compensation from the driver’s insurance company.
In either case, we prove the negligence that leads to financial liability. Our investigation will show you were owed a duty of care that was not provided to you. Our Powell personal injury lawyer will also prove the cause and costs of your accident and resulting injuries.
Leave Evidence Collection to Our Powell, OH Rideshare Accident Lawyer
To establish negligence and prove your right to pursue compensation, we build a solid evidence file for you. Through our independent investigation, we will uncover and collect:
- Police and other first responder reports
- Medical records, bills, and written prognosis
- Paycheck stubs and other proof of income
- Security, surveillance, and dashcam videos
- Accident scene and injury photos
- Witness statements and expert testimonials
We also obtain the driver’s driving record, proof of the on or off-app status, and information on their private insurance company.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accident attorney in Powell, call (614) 538-1116
Compensation You Can Request After a Rideshare Accident
When assessing your recoverable damages, our legal team will create a detailed list of all accident-related expenses and losses. Whether we pursue compensation from the driver’s private insurer or the rideshare company’s insurer, damages we request can include:
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Past, current, and future income loss
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death damages, where applicable
To ensure your case receives an accurate value, we ensure no valid expenses or losses are overlooked or omitted. We also ensure you do not inadvertently accept a speedy but flawed settlement and are not victimized by bad-faith insurance tactics.
What You Need to Know About the Statute of Limitations In Ohio
If you or someone you love was injured in a rideshare accident, you generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10. Similarly, if a loved one was fatally injured, you generally have two years from the date of their demise to file your wrongful death lawsuit, according to Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02.
If your lawsuit is not filed on time:
- You could be prohibited from filing it at all
- It will be dismissed without being heard
Either of these outcomes means you could inadvertently relinquish your right to compel the at-fault party to compensate you. Leave it to us. With sufficient notice, our law firm will ensure your case is filed in time to comply with the appropriate filing deadline.
Powell Rideshare Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
Bressman Law’s Personalized Approach to Personal Injury Cases
You do not have to deal with a rideshare company and their insurers on your own after an accident. When our Powell, OH rideshare accident lawyer is on your side, we handle all the details so you can focus on getting better.
To strengthen your case, we will:
- Investigate your accident
- Identify the liable party
- Gather supporting evidence
- Assess your financial recovery
- Handle case-related communication
- Explain complex insurance jargon
Our law firm also ensures you get timely and ongoing updates about your case, so you are not left wondering about its progress.
Get Legal Service and Support at No Upfront Cost for Your Delaware County Case
When Bressman Law takes on your case, we represent you on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you pay us nothing out of your own pocket. We absorb all the costs of building your case, including:
- Documentation costs
- Court or other filing fees
- Expert consultations
- Evidence collection
We do not expect or accept compensation until we win it for you. If your rideshare accident case does not result in a financial award for you, you owe us no compensation.
We Treat You Like a Person, Not a Case File
Our law firm is committed to providing personalized legal guidance that makes you feel like a person, not a case file. Our previous clients say the following:
- Bari S.: What can I say except you can trust this firm. You can depend on Mr. Bressman to treat you with dignity, professionalism, and…great care in what he does…He was a great representative for me, and I recommend him.
- Tim B.: David is perfect in a situation where calm and reasoning are needed. His ability to explain details in a clear manner is just what is needed in stressful situations. He also does a wonderful job getting to know you and your situation.
At Bressman Law, we have been serving personal injury clients for more than 30 years. We fight hard to achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Click to contact our Powell Personal Injury Lawyers today
See How Hard Our Rideshare Accident Lawyer Will Fight for You
If you were involved in an accident with a rideshare vehicle in Powell, OH or one of its nearby communities, our personal injury lawyer can help you fight for compensation. We will build your case and pursue the insurance company for fair and appropriate financial recovery. Contact our consultation team at Bressman Law to get started today.