Dog bites can lead to severe consequences. Victims may experience cuts, bruising, or, in more serious cases, torn ligaments or broken bones. Ohio state law allows dog bite victims to hold the responsible party accountable for their losses.
One of our dog bite lawyers serving Reynoldsburg can help you navigate this process. They’ll help you understand fair compensation and handle negotiations with insurers and the responsible party.
What Is Your Reynoldsburg Dog Bite Case Worth?
Like any other legal case, dog bite cases differ from instance to instance. There’s no way to accurately predict what your case may be worth. However, there are a few standard factors that contribute to the valuation of a dog bite case:
- The evidence associated with your case
- The severity of the injuries you sustained in the attack
- Who was responsible for the dog that attacked you
- The events leading up to the attack
At Bressman Law, we believe that you deserve fair compensation for your losses after a dog bite. Our team serving Reynoldsburg can analyze the factors related to your case. This analysis can help you settle with the liable party.
Damages You Can Seek in Your Dog Bite Claim
Settlements are designed to compensate you for your injuries and help you pay for medical costs after your dog bite. Therefore, the type of injury you sustained is important, as more severe injuries lead to higher medical costs. Other factors, like emotional trauma, could play a role in your case, as well.
These are some common damages you can recover in a dog bite case:
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning power
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement or scarring
- General medical costs
- Ongoing medical costs, like physical therapy or prescribed medication
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite attorney in Reynoldsburg, call (614) 538-1116
The Benefits of Hiring a Dog Bite Lawyer from Our Firm
A dog bite lawyer with our firms serving Reynoldsburg can offer you these services:
- Protect your rights in court: If both parties can’t come to an out-of-court settlement, your dog bite lawyer can put their trial advocacy skills to work. They’ll represent you and fight for your rights before a jury.
- Act as your liaison: Your lawyer can handle all correspondence between insurers and the liable party. This way, you can spend more time focusing on getting your life back on track.
- Build your case: Your attorney can gather all evidence relevant to your case and use this evidence to work towards a fair settlement.
- Push for a fair settlement: The liable party or their insurer may try to offer you an unfair settlement. With the help of a dog bite lawyer on our team, you can avoid this pitfall.
Reynoldsburg Dog Bite Attorney (614) 538-1116
Why Choose Bressman Law?
At Bressman Law, we’ve served personal injury clients for over 30 years, so we know the ins and outs of personal injury cases. If you work with us, no detail will go overlooked, and we’ll fight for your rights throughout the duration of your case.
Recently, our team worked for a client who had suffered a dog bite. Their previous lawyer could only secure them a $22,000 settlement. We nearly quadrupled that number and landed them an $87,500 out-of-court settlement.
This case is one of many. We’ve won hundreds of personal injury cases for our clients, some with settlements above $100,000.
Testimonials from Our Former Clients
Our strong case results only tell a part of the story, though. Many of our clients have left us positive reviews after working with us:
- “Great people! The office staff was wonderful to deal with and David Bressman was a great attorney. We received a great settlement without the hassle of going to court. I have no doubt had it went to court that we would have done just as well. They really cared about what our needs were.” – Howie B.
- “David and his team were always easy to get a hold of when I needed to ask questions. They kept me up to date on everything and always returned my phone calls… Throughout the entire case, Bressman Law treated us with consideration and respect.” – Stan S.
These testimonials illuminate the key pillars of our process: consideration, communicativeness, and respect. We’re here to take the worry out of your dog bite case and make sure all your questions are answered.
You Can Afford Our Firm
Dog bite cases can come with many costs. Some of these are obvious, like emergency medical costs or surgery. Others, though, like lost wages, or the price of ongoing care, may be less so.
Regardless, these costs can add up. At Bressman Law, we don’t want to contribute to your list of financial concerns. Our team adheres to two pricing policies that keep things simple:
- Free case evaluations: Initial contact and case review won’t cost you a dime.
- Contingency-fee pricing: Payment for our legal services will come as a percentage of what you win. Our team only gets paid if you do.
Click to contact our Reynoldsburg Personal Injury Lawyers today
Ohio State Dog Bite Liability
Dog bite laws vary from state to state. Some employ a modified “one-bite rule,” where dog owners cannot be held liable for their dog if it had no demonstrable history of attacks. On the other hand, Ohio Revised Code Section 955.28 mandates that dog owners are liable for the behavior of their pets, even if their pets have no previous history of attacks.
This strict liability law means that you must prove two key points of evidence in your Reynoldsburg dog bite cases for you to secure compensation:
- The owner was responsible for the actions of their dog.
- It was their dog that attacked and bit you.
If you need more clarity about how Ohio dog bite laws apply to your case, our team can explain them further.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Don’t Wait to Get Started on Your Dog Bite Case
Ohio has specific guidelines for dog bite cases. Generally, the statute of limitations for these cases is six years. If the victim was under 18, though, this deadline begins the year they turn 18. Six years seems like plenty of time to file your suit. Many problems can create roadblocks, though. Insurance negotiations or other issues can create delays.
Our team will work to keep your dog bite case on track and help you meet the deadline.
Call Bressman Law Today for Assistance with Your Reynoldburg Dog Bite Case
We want to support you through your difficult time. If you or a loved one suffered from a dog bite in Reynoldsburg, a lawyer with Bressman Law can help. Call for a free case evaluation today.
Call or text (614) 538-1116 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form