A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can be a life-altering and life-long injury. If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury, you may be able to recover compensation. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) lawyer in Hilliard, OH, can help you understand if you have a viable case.
Bressman Law may be able to help you identify the liable party or parties, build a case, handle your claim, and file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf. We may be able to help you understand your options for trying to get compensation to cover medical bills, lost wages, ongoing care costs, and other losses and expenses.
Call us today at 877-707-1385 for a free consultation.
Recovering Damages After a Hilliard, OH, TBI Accident
It is impossible to give you an accurate value of your case before we have an understanding of your full expenses and losses. We can gain a better idea of what a fair settlement range might look like in your case after we conduct a full investigation. The severity of your TBI and how it affects your everyday life plays a significant role in calculating the value of your case.
If we can win a settlement or payout in your Hilliard TBI case, it may cover a wide range of damages. The types of damages are specific to your case and based on the cost of your TBI. However, we can help you understand some of the most common types of damages available in an Ohio traumatic brain injury case. This includes:
- Ambulance transportation
- Hospitalization, medical treatment, and any related expenses
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Outpatient therapies
- Prescription drug costs and expected future drug costs
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Home health care and nursing home costs
- Other ongoing care costs
- Wheelchairs, hospital beds, and other necessary mobility equipment
- Wheelchair lifts, ramps, and other related modifications
- Repair or replacement of vehicles or other personal property
- Out-of-pocket costs related to the accident or injury
- Loss of services you used to perform at home
- Pain and suffering damages
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) layer in Hilliard, OH, from Bressman Law can help you recover damages from a brain injury.
Speak with a member of our team by calling 877-707-1385.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Hilliard, call 877-707-1385
Ohio Wrongful Death Actions
If your immediate family member died after a negligence accident caused them to suffer a traumatic brain injury, you may be eligible to recover compensation through a wrongful death action. We can help you file this type of claim and try to collect compensation to cover your personal damages related to your loved one’s death. This may include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of support and guidance
- Lost income and inheritance
- Mental anguish
Hilliard Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-707-1385
The Hilliard, OH, TBI Accident Claims Process
There are certain steps we take to build a solid case on your behalf. These steps may include:
Investigating Your Case
Bressman Law fully investigates every case our team handles. We can investigate the cause of your accident, including identifying potentially liable parties. We collect all available evidence and analyze it to ensure we have the strongest case possible to support a settlement or verdict in your favor. As a part of our investigation, we may:
- Survey and document the scene of the accident
- Analyze video and photographs of the accident
- Request police reports, medical records, and other pertinent documents
- Work with accident reconstruction specialists when necessary
- Work with expert witnesses to understand your injuries and lasting effects
- Gather evidence of your damages
Filing Your Claim
After we complete our investigation, it is time to take action. We may approach the at-fault party’s insurance company before we file a personal injury lawsuit. This may be a business liability insurance provider, homeowner’s insurance, an auto liability carrier, or another insurance policy, depending on how the accident occurred.
When we file a claim with an insurance company for a TBI victim, we usually approach them with a demand letter. This letter “demands” a fair payout for your damages. Usually, this action triggers settlement negotiations, and we may be able to negotiate a fair settlement agreement for you at this point in the process.
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit
There are several reasons we may need to file a personal injury lawsuit and litigate your traumatic brain injury case. This includes:
- If the insurance company denies your claim
- If the insurance company refuses a fair settlement agreement
- If the liable party did not have insurance
- If there are other reasons based on the specifics of the case
If we do litigate your case, you can expect our team to walk you through every step of the process. We can answer any questions you may have promptly and fully, and address any concerns that arise.
Under Ohio’s statute of limitations, you have a certain amount of time to bring legal action from a traumatic brain injury. In most cases, you have two years from the day of the accident.
A lawyer can help you meet this deadline.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Lawyer in Hilliard, OH
At Bressman Law, we strive to offer the best possible legal advice in a compassionate and supportive way. We can help you fight for the compensation you deserve in your case.
Call us today at 877-707-1385 for a free consultation.