Bressman Law has been serving car accident clients for over 30 years, and we are proud of the results we have achieved. If you or a loved one was hurt in a car accident, we could start pursuing compensation for your damages today. Because of our contingency fee arrangement, you do not have to pay anything up front or out of pocket to our Cincinnati car accident lawyer until your case is over.
Seeking Damages for Non-Fatal Injuries in Cincinnati
If it is proven that the negligent or deliberate act of another party was the reason for your crash, you may be awarded the following damages:
- The cost of medical bills
- The cost of future medical treatment
- Lost wages, including future wages, benefits, commissions, and tips
- Lost occupational advancement opportunities
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitation and therapy
You can also recover property damage costs up to the liable party’s policy limits. Your car accident lawyer in Cincinnati will explore all possible avenues of recovering damages in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident attorney in Cincinnati, call (614) 538-1116
Recoverable Damages in Fatal Car Accident Cases
If someone else’s negligence has caused your loved one’s passing, you could pursue compensation for your damages. Some recoverable costs include:
- Funeral costs
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Your loved one’s healthcare bills
You could recover other types of damages, depending on your situation.
Cincinnati Car Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
How Ohio’s Statute of Limitations Affects Your Case
All personal injury cases are impacted by the state’s statute of limitations under Ohio Revised Code (ORC) §2305.10. In Ohio, you generally have two years to file a lawsuit when you have been injured. In most cases, that two-year clock begins on the date of the car accident.
However, if you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit, then your time to act would not start until the date of your loved one’s passing. You would generally have two years to file your lawsuit in this situation, according to ORC §2125.02.
While two years may seem a long time, acting sooner rather than later can be beneficial. For example:
- Evidence to bolster your case can be gathered and preserved before it is lost or diminished
- If the statute of limitations expires, it is unlikely the courts will hear your case, and you will be unable to hold the other party financially accountable for your losses
Click to contact our Cincinnati Personal Injury Lawyers today
You Can Still Recover Compensation If You Were Partially at Fault
Ohio has a modified comparative negligence system, which ORC §2315.33 explain. This means:
- You can recover compensation as long as you are not primarily responsible for the crash.
- Your role in the accident will affect your settlement amount.
- It is important to establish fault because failing to do so could result in less money.
A car accident attorney in Cincinnati can review your case and explain how comparative negligence could impact your claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Our Legal Firm Can Help You?
Bressman Law can help you with the many obligations involved in filing an insurance claim or lawsuit. We can:
With the evidence we find, we can establish the four elements of negligence, as required by the American Bar Association (ABA):
- The at-fault party had an obligation to drive carefully and keep others safe.
- The at-fault party breached this obligation.
- You were injured.
- You have losses because of the accident.
Some evidence that we can use to prove negligence includes the police report, eyewitness testimony, and traffic camera footage.
Provide Customized Services to Meet Your Case’s Needs
Some of our other legal services include:
- Estimating the cost of your damages
- Working with accident reconstruction specialists, medical professionals, and economists on your case
- Investigating the cause of your accident and determining liability
- Negotiating with the insurer
- Calculating the cost of your damages
- Handling all necessary communications
- Reading the liable party’s insurance policy
Your Cincinnati car accident lawyer taking car accident cases can also file your lawsuit before Ohio’s timeline expires.
What You Should Do After Your Car Accident in Cincinnati?
Some of the following measures could work to protect your rights after being injured in an auto accident:
Seek Medical Care
This is one of the most important things you can do after getting hurt. Not only could this connect your injuries to the accident in question, but your imaging scan results, medications, and future appointment dates could supplement your case.
Leave Insurance Communications to Your Car Accident Lawyer
After getting hurt, you do not have to take calls from the claims adjuster. Direct them to our team instead. We can protect you against bad faith insurance practices and prevent them from pressuring you.
Keep Track of Your Losses
We will need documentation to prove the cost of your damages. Some documentation that you should keep includes:
- Your employment records
- Bank statements
- Property damage receipts
- Any repair estimates
- Medical bills
- Pay stubs
We could also use this information to calculate the value of your pain and suffering.
Do All Car Accident Injury Cases Require Legal Representation?
You do not have to instruct a car accident lawyer to represent you in your insurance claim or lawsuit. However, our legal team can take the weight of the legal process off your shoulders so you can focus on your health. Here are a few ways we can help:
- We can protect your rights and act in your best interests so you are treated fairly during the legal process
- We can shoulder the responsibility of pursuing your case so that you can focus on your recovery
- We understand the ins and outs of negotiating for an appropriate settlement offer
- We can help you gather all of the evidence available to support your case
- We can help you avoid common mistakes that could harm your case
- We can accurately assess the financial impact of your injuries
- We can carefully analyze your case and identify every potential avenue from which to seek compensation
- We can provide our services on a no-win, no-fee basis
- We stand up to large insurance companies
Possible Reasons for Your Car Accident
After completing our investigation, we may find that one or more of the following factors caused (or contributed to) your collision:
Cell phone use, including texting and social media apps, food, other passengers, the radio, or sight-seeing, are all distractions that can take a driver’s eyes off the road. It takes only seconds of looking away from the road to cause a car accident.
Excessive speeds, swerving in and out of traffic lanes without using a blinker, and tailgating are all examples of reckless driving. It can be difficult to anticipate a reckless driver’s movements, which can cause a crash.
Traffic Signal Violations
The potential for an accident increases when drives ignore road signs and signals. Illegal turns, not taking precautions in a school zone, and running stop signs or red lights can all result in a devastating collision.
Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol has been reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to cause almost 30 deaths every single day across America.
Driving While Fatigued
According to the U.S Department of Transportation (DOT), fatigue is also a major cause of road traffic accidents. Tired drivers are affected with slower reaction times, reduced road awareness, and less concentration and attention to driving.
The true impact of a serious injury can extend much further than physical pain. The emotional and financial consequences that often accompany serious injuries can add extra strain to an already difficult situation. As such, we are committed to helping our clients move through this stressful time and make things right.
Cases a Car Accident Lawyer in Cincinnati Can Help You With
Road traffic accidents can cause a wide range of impact injuries. Whether a minor bump or a serious accident, our car accident attorneys are here to support you and help you move on with your life. Injuries from car accidents may include:
- Cuts, grazes, and abrasions
- Bone fractures
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
- Deep wounds
- Neck and spine injuries
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Crush injuries
- Fatal injuries
- Emotional trauma following an accident such as stress or anxiety
- Permanent disability
- Loss of limbs
Connect for a Free Consultation with a Car Accident Attorney in Cincinnati
At Bressman Law, we seek compensation for our clients to the fullest extent of the law.
Your car accident lawyer will investigate your car accident in Cincinnati, OH, and gather evidence that is important to your case. In many cases, a settlement can be reached outside of court. We can also take a well-prepared case to trial if necessary.
Whether you are a driver, passenger, cyclist, motorcyclist, or pedestrian injured by a negligent driver, we can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Call Bressman Law today. We serve Cincinnati car accident clients as well as those who have been injured all over Ohio. You can begin your free consultation today by calling (877) 538-1116.