Were you or someone you love struck by a vehicle while standing or walking in Cincinnati? You could be entitled to recover the costs of treating your injuries and other related expenses. At Bressman Law, we will help you build a strong case for financial compensation.
While you cope with the collision’s aftermath, our Cincinnati pedestrian accident lawyers will fight for your financial recovery by holding the at-fault party financially liable.
Financial Compensation We Can Secure for You
The injuries you suffer after being hit by a car can be extensive and costly, requiring long recovery times. When our law firm represents you, we carefully collect your medical bills from every physician, technician, lab, and facility where you received treatment.
We also obtain a copy of your written prognosis. It will help establish the costs of your necessary medical care and help you avoid paying those expenses out of pocket.
Some treatment-related expenses you can pursue include:
- Ambulance fees
- Emergency room care
- Hospital admissions
- Rehab and therapy
- Prescription medications
Other recoverable damages comprise:
- Past and future lost wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Property damage or destruction
We will obtain documents that prove the value of your damages and include them in your evidence file. We will also use the total of your recoverable damages to negotiate a fair and appropriate settlement with the at-fault driver and their insurance company.
You Can Only Pursue Damages Within Ohio’s Statutory Deadline
Ohio sets a civil statute of limitations on all civil lawsuits. Consider the following:
- Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10 generally entitles you to two years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit.
- Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02 generally grants two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Given enough notice, our pedestrian accident team will ensure your case is filed on time. If you attempt to file your lawsuit after the statute of limitations has expired, the at-fault driver’s representative will request — and receive — an immediate dismissal in court.
In most cases filed outside the applicable deadline, you simply will not be allowed to file at all. We can help you avoid misinterpreting or misunderstanding the statute of limitations. We want to recover everything you deserve.
There Are Additional Benefits To Acting Quickly
Meeting the statute of limitations is only one reason to get our team on your side without delay. Early intervention on our part means we can locate and speak to witnesses while their memories are still fresh. It also means we can conduct a thorough investigation and consult experts who support your right to financial recovery.
When we start dealing with the insurance company for you right away, it helps you avoid making statements that might work against you later. We also help you avoid the temptation of accepting a settlement that is too low to meet your post-accident financial needs.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney in Cincinnati, call (614) 538-1116
Our Law Firm Will Support Your Fight for Financial Recovery
When you trust our personal injury law firm to handle your case, we will collect evidence to prove financial liability and build your case file. We will also:
- Assess the financial value of your accident
- Handle all case-related communications
- Search for accident-related photos and videos
- Negotiate with the insurance representative
- Represent you in court, if necessary
At Bressman Law, our pedestrian accident lawyers serving injured clients in Cincinnati will not stop fighting for the compensation you deserve. Our goal is to get the best possible outcome and guide you through this challenging time.
Put Us to Work on Your Case at No Cost to You
When we handle your case, we focus hard on getting the job done in a warm, supportive, and helpful environment. With more than 30 years of serving personal injury clients, we understand the need to focus on restoring your health.
To help you concentrate on taking care of yourself, we start work on your case with no upfront fees or out-of-pocket costs to you. Instead, we represent you on a contingency-fee basis. We do not request our attorney’s fees until your case’s conclusion, and these fees come from the funds we secure for you.
See Why Previous Clients Refer Others to Our Law Firm
On our client testimonials page, you will find reviews like these that attest to our commitment to client care and concern. Our previous clients say the following:
- Jerry F.: We were put in a terrible situation due to the incompetence of another attorney. David was the only one who would help us. He fixed the problems, turned things around and got us a settlement better than expected…Thank you, David!
- Dave C.: Bressman Law is the best…I appreciate that Mr. Bressman really listened to what my family and I needed. He sought to facilitate our settlement according to our wishes…We felt that we were his priority…I would recommend Bressman Law 10 times out of 10.
Our law firm never stops fighting for injured clients. We will help you fight for the compensation you need and deserve to start getting your life back on track.
Cincinnati Pedestrian Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
What Should I Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Cincinnati?
After suffering harm or losing a loved one in a pedestrian accident, we recommend that you:
- Visit a healthcare provider. If you personally suffered harm and want to recover damages, you need evidence to support your case. Medical documentation, such as your imaging scans and lab test results, can prove your injuries’ severity.
- Keep all case-related documentation. The claims adjuster might email you right after the collision. The at-fault party might even message you on social media. You want to record all written communications regarding your case. That way, if a party denies saying something, we can refute that denial with evidence.
- Refrain from giving a recorded statement. The insurance company will likely ask you to give a recorded statement about what happened before, during, and after the collision. Yet, doing this does not help. It only helps the insurer find inconsistencies in your testimony nod use your words against you.
Click to contact our Cincinnati Personal Injury Lawyers today
Call for a Free Review of Your Case Now
Were you or a loved one hit by a car and injured? If you were, our Bressman Law pedestrian accident lawyers in Cincinnati can help you build a solid case for financial compensation. We will also negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
Find out how hard we will work for you by calling one of our case review team members today.