If your back pain started with or was aggravated by a car accident injury, you might be entitled to compensation. Call Bressman Law at (877) 538-1116 for legal assistance. With our help, you can relax and have your case handled by a Gahanna back pain caused by a car accident lawyer, who can help you fight for the compensation you need to recover from your losses.
Back Pain Can Be Caused or Aggravated by Car Accidents
While some car accidents are minor and cause minimal to no damage, others can be catastrophic. The jolting and jostling that happens during a car accident can wreak havoc on your short- and long-term health.
According to the Mayo Clinic, back pain is very common and can occur anywhere in your back, from the neck to the pelvis. If you experience back pain following a car accident, seek medical treatment immediately if you have not done so already. You could have ruptured a disc, strained a muscle, fractured vertebrae, or endured other harm in your spine.
Prompt treatment can prevent you from unnecessary suffering by detecting potential problems before they get worse. Getting treatment also means your care will be documented in your medical records, which you can use as evidence if you decide to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Back pain treatments can involve anything from rest and pain medication to exercise and physical therapy. In severe cases, it may require surgery. Back pain treatments can be expensive, depending on how long and how intensive your treatment must be. If your back pain was caused or aggravated by a car accident, you may have the right to sue for monetary compensation from the at-fault party or parties.
For a free legal consultation with a back pain attorney in Gahanna, call (614) 538-1116
Compensation Can Help You Recover Your Finances
No amount of money may fully compensate you for the physical toll that prolonged back pain might have on your health and life. However, receiving compensation may help relieve some of your financial stress, if not all, when it comes to your back pain injury and related losses. Compensation can help you pay for doctor’s appointments, home renovations, and medications, among other types of damages.
Economic damages compensate you for the money you lost or were compelled to spend because of the accident or your injuries. Some examples include:
- Medical bills: This can include physical therapy, home nursing, medication, and any other treatment deemed necessary to reduce or eliminate your back pain.
- Repair bills: You may be compensated for any costs related to getting your car fixed, including the mechanic’s bill and the cost of renting a car.
- Lost income: If you had to miss work because of your back pain, you may have lost much-needed income. You can seek compensation to make up for this loss.
- Lost earning capacity: If your back pain forced you to cut back your working hours or prevents you from working altogether, you may be compensated for the wages you would have earned if not for the accident.
Noneconomic damages compensate you for the physical pain and emotional turmoil caused by the accident or your injuries. Some examples include:
- Pain and suffering: This refers to both the physical and the emotional pain of your injuries. Chronic pain can be traumatic and have a significant impact on your mental health, so you may qualify for compensation for that, too.
- Reduced quality of life: Your back pain might make it difficult to enjoy life the way you used to. For example, you might not be able to play your favorite sport or spend as much time with your loved ones.
- Loss of consortium: Your pain or injury has affected your conjugal relationship with your spouse.
- Disability: If your back injury is disabling, you may be compensated for this loss. This can apply if you do not have the same range of motion as before or require physical assistance to perform daily activities.
Your Right to Damages Lasts for a Limited Time
According to the Ohio Revised Code (ORC) §2305.10, personal injury lawsuits must be filed within two years of the accident date. If you choose not to file a lawsuit within that time, you may forfeit the right to do so. You may want to consult a lawyer about filing a lawsuit. They can inform you of your rights, advise you about possible next steps, and enable you to make an informed decision about your case.
Gahanna Back Pain Attorney (614) 538-1116
A Gahanna Back Pain Caused by a Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You Build Your Case
You do not have to sue for compensation alone. Bressman Law is here to protect your rights and help you fight for the compensation you need. Call us at (877) 538-1116 to find out why Bressman Law has such great testimonials from satisfied clients.
Our legal team can help you with your case by:
- Investigating your accident: To increase your chances of receiving compensation, you need strong evidence to back up your claim. We can collect evidence from medical records, police reports, witness testimony, and other available sources.
- Identifying who you can sue: The liable party is not always obvious. In some accidents, there is more than one liable party, making the case more complex. Our investigation can resolve these questions so that you know who should be held accountable for your accident.
- Filing paperwork: From informing the liable party about the lawsuit to submitting evidence to a court, we can make sure that the appropriate paperwork is completed and filed in a timely fashion.
- Negotiating with the insurance company: The liable party’s insurance company may offer you a settlement in an attempt to keep the case from going to court. We will fight for a fair amount to cover your losses.
- Representing you at trial: The insurance company might refuse to pay what you demand. If this happens during negotiations, your lawyer can take your case to court and represent you at trial.
The prospect of filing a lawsuit and fighting for compensation may seem daunting, but you do not have to do it alone. A Gahanna back pain caused by a car accident lawyer is just one phone call away. Contact our office at (877) 538-1116. Bressman Law will fight to preserve your rights, and we do not collect any attorney’s fees unless you win.