If you were injured in a car accident caused by someone else in Gahanna, Ohio, you may be able to collect compensation for the losses and expenses you have incurred since the accident. Concussions can be very serious injuries, and they may result in lifelong challenges. As a result, it may be helpful to discuss your case with a legal professional. A Gahanna concussion lawyer may be able to provide assistance, help you understand what your options for filing a claim may be, and tell you what you may expect in terms of a settlement.
To learn more about how the team at Bressman Law may be able to help with your case, contact our offices today at (877) 707-1385. We are dedicated to working hard on behalf of our clients to ensure their rights are protected throughout the process of pursuing compensation. We charge you nothing up-front, and you owe us no fees unless a settlement is secured for you.
More Information About Concussions
If your concussion was due to a car accident, it will be very important for you to seek medical treatment immediately to understand your options for care and management. Concussions, as stated by the Mayo Clinic, may not be apparent immediately after an accident. The signs and symptoms may be subtle or mild, and they may exist for days, weeks, or longer periods after the onset of the injury.
Concussions are traumatic brain injuries. They can affect brain function, and though the effects of a concussion are most often temporary, they can cause lingering problems. The long-term effects may include headaches, issues with a person’s ability to concentrate, memory problems, and issues with balance and coordination.
In most cases, concussions occur due to blows to the head; however, forceful shaking of the head and/ or upper body may also result in a concussion. In some instances, loss of consciousness may occur, but for the most part, this does not happen often.
Common symptoms that may occur after a concussion or traumatic brain injury include:
- Amnesia (loss of memory, and loss of the memory of the accident)
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Blurred vision
- Fatigue or drowsiness
- Nausea or vomiting
In many cases, vehicle accidents that result in traumatic brain injuries are caused by another party’s negligence, carelessness, or breach of their duty of care. If your concussion occurred by no fault of your own, you should not be responsible for the expenses and losses you have incurred.
If you suffered a concussion or other type of traumatic brain injury due to someone else’s negligence or breach of their duty of care, you should be aware that there may be options available to you in regards to pursuing compensation, according to the Legal Information Institute (LII). To learn more about what kinds of awards you may be able to pursue, contact Bressman Law at (877) 707-1385 to speak to a professional from our team.
For a free legal consultation with a concussion lawyer serving Gahanna, call (614) 538-1116
Types of Compensation You May Be Able to Collect After a Concussion Injury
If you have been injured in an automobile accident that was caused by someone else, you may be able to collect a variety of types of compensation to help manage your expenses. Among these types of compensation are:
- Awards for your medical expenses, hospital stays, costs of ongoing treatment, surgeries (if necessary), rehabilitation, physical therapy, and prescription medications
- Awards for the time you have missed at work due to your injuries, your lost wages, and income you may lose from being unable to continue working in your previous capacity
- Awards for emotional damages, such as pain and suffering due to your injuries
Gahanna Concussion Lawyer Near Me (614) 538-1116
How a Gahanna Concussion Lawyer May Be Able to Help You
After an accident that caused you to suffer a concussion, traumatic brain injury, and/ or other related injuries, discussing your case with a legal professional may help you gain further insight into the potential of your case. A concussion lawyer serving Gahanna, Ohio may be able to help you file a claim and fight for your rights as they build a case that potentially demonstrates why you need to be compensated for your losses. Your attorney will work diligently to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions, as they fight for the damages you deserve.
Deciding to work with a lawyer on your personal injury claim is a serious decision. Here are some of the most important points of consideration regarding the ways in which an attorney may be able to help with your case.
- A lawyer may be able to evaluate all of the specific details of your case to determine if you have a case and can pursue a personal injury claim for the injuries you have suffered.
- A lawyer may be able to help manage your case in various ways to save you time, effort, and frustration. Most personal injury claims require a great deal of paperwork, as well as back-and-forth negotiations, and your lawyer and their team may be able to handle the majority of these tasks.
- Legal counsel and guidance from a trusted legal professional can be very useful as you go through the process of a claim. Being able to ask questions specific to your case can be very beneficial. Furthermore, having a point of communication who is working specifically on your behalf can help keep your mind at ease.
- At Bressman Law, you pay fees only when we settle or win a case for you. This can be very reassuring knowing you will not have another expense to manage.
Contact Bressman Law Today
At Bressman Law, we offer well-rounded support on behalf of our clients who have suffered injuries due to the negligent actions of others. We work very hard to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions, as well as to ensure injured parties receive the compensation they deserve after accidents that were not their fault. To learn more about how a Gahanna concussion lawyer from our team may be able to help with your case, contact our offices today at (877) 707-1385.