Bicyclists are far more vulnerable than motorists on the roadway. This vulnerability can lead to serious injuries in the case of an accident. Common bicycle accident injuries can include bruises, scrapes, or, in more severe cases, road rash, broken bones, or spinal cord damage. Luckily, you may be able to seek compensation for these losses.
If you or a loved one was in a bicycle accident in Pickerington or another nearby town, a bicycle accident lawyer with our firm serving Pickerington can help. Bressman Law can provide you with a broad suite of legal support, from general advice to courtroom representation.
How Much Will You Receive for Your Losses?
Some common damages you can pursue in a bicycle accident claim or lawsuit:
- Pain and suffering
- Upfront medical costs, like surgery or urgent treatment
- Ongoing medical costs, like physical therapy or medication
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning potential
- Damage to personal property
- Loss of consortium, which refers to the loss of a close personal relationship (usually applies in cases where a loved one passes away or is seriously injured)
- Funeral expenses if your case involves the loss of a loved one
This is not a complete list of damages associated with bicycle accident cases. Damages not mentioned here may be relevant to your situation. Our team at Bressman Law can investigate your case and help you understand which losses are relevant.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accident attorney in Pickerington, call (614) 538-1116
How Much does a Bicycle Accident Lawyer on Our Team Cost?
Pricing plans vary from law firm to law firm. At Bressman Law, though, we get it. We understand that you’re faced with emotional and financial troubles, and we know that you don’t want to worry about another bill. Our team adheres to a pricing plan that puts our clients first:
- Contingency fee structure: We only get paid if we win your case. You don’t need to make upfront payments or retainers.
- Free case evaluations: Our team will meet with you and evaluate your case for free.
Pickerington Bicycle Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
The Perks of Retaining Legal Support from Bressman Law
The benefits of hiring a bicycle accident lawyer with our firm are numerous:
- Gather evidence to form your case: Your lawyer can gather evidence related to your case. They can use this information to determine fault.
- Represent you in the courtroom: Many bicycle accident cases are settled outside of the courtroom. Sometimes, though, you need to go to trial. Your lawyer can represent you throughout this process.
- Communicate with involved parties: We can act as your representative outside of the courtroom, as well. Your lawyer will handle calls, emails, and texts between you and a party relevant to the case.
- Push for a fair settlement: Whether it’s inside the courtroom or outside, your bicycle accident lawyer will push aggressively for fair compensation after your crash.
Click to contact our Pickerington Personal Injury Lawyers today
The Team Behind Bressman Law
At Bressman Law, we can provide the above services and more. We’ve been serving personal injury clients for over 30 years. This tenure means we’re equipped to handle whatever complexities your case holds.
When you sign on with Bressman Law, you’ll be treated with compassion and respect. Our team is committed to open and readily available communication; whatever questions you have, we’ll happily answer them.
Our Former Clients Have Provided Their Testimonials
Our client testimonials further demonstrate the quality of our legal services:
- “David and his staff at Bressman Law are absolutely the best! David was upfront and honest with us from the very beginning. He told us what to expect and the timeline of the case as it proceeded. We followed his advice and received a very nice settlement that we were satisfied with.” – Steve H.
- “What can I say except you can trust this firm. You can depend on Mr. Bressman to treat you with dignity, professionalism and most of all great care in what he does! He is thorough and effective. Do your part and he will do his.” – Bari S.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Statute of Limitations on Bicycle Accident Cases in Pickerington, Ohio
Pickerington adheres to Ohio’s statute of limitations. According to Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10, you generally have two years to file a bicycle accident lawsuit. This same rule applies to cases involving the loss of a loved one, per Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02.
Two years is a considerable amount of time. However, obstacles like insurance negotiations can shrink your deadline. Other case-specific quirks can reduce the amount of time you have to file, too.
At Bressman Law, we will assist with keeping your bicycle accident case on track. We can make sure you’re up to date on your deadlines.
Who Is Liable in Bicycle Accident Cases?
Typically, the driver responsible for your injuries can be held liable in an insurance settlement or lawsuit. Therefore, determining and assigning negligence is key to bicycle accident case proceedings.
These are the common points associated with bicycle accident negligence:
- The party associated with your injuries owed you a duty of care.
- They neglected said duty.
- A bicycle accident resulted from this negligence.
- You suffered injuries, among other losses.
Evidence is key in determining negligence. If we must travel to the site of your accident, whether it was outside Violet Park or on Diley Road, we’ll do so. This step of the legal process necessitates a keen eye for detail.
Comparative Fault in Ohio
Ohio Revised Code Section 2315.33 designates Ohio as a “comparative fault” state. This doctrine means that fault can be split during courtroom or insurance proceedings. While not applicable to every case, comparative fault could impact the amount of compensation you receive.
If you’re unsure about the specific comparative fault, we’re here to help. Our team can guide you through its specifics and explain how it may or may not be relevant to your bicycle accident case.
What Should You Do After a Bicycle Accident in Pickerington?
There are a few steps you can take that will help ensure that your case proceeds unhindered:
- Ensure that all pressing medical concerns are addressed.
- Obtain an accident report if you called the police to the scene of the crash.
- Document personal information of the party involved in the crash, like their name and vehicle make.
- Maintain a record of all medical treatments and their associated costs.
- Do not admit fault or accuse the responsible party of causing your accident.
Keeping detailed documentation of your accident will be beneficial. This information can be used as evidence later and could impact the amount of compensation you receive. Our team can help you maintain and organize the bicycle accident information.
Don’t Wait to Hire a Bicycle Accident Lawyer at Our Firm
Don’t hesitate to contact Bressman Law today. Our lawyers serving Pickerington will help you stay on top of your bicycle accident case. Call for a free case evaluation.