Were you injured because another driver was looking at his smartphone instead of the road? If the driver who struck you was texting while driving, this constitutes negligence and may entitle you to compensation. Our Cincinnati texting while driving accident lawyers at Bressman Law can help you recover damages.
Our law firm will establish the monetary value of your case, including your medical bills, loss of income, pain and suffering, and more. We will also prepare a robust evidence file that can help steer your case toward a fair resolution. Leave the insurance company and settlement negotiations to us. While we champion your rights, you can concentrate on getting better.
We Will Seek Everything You Need and Deserve
At Bressman Law, our texting while driving accident lawyers will create a detailed list of your compensable losses. These losses may comprise:
- Current and ongoing medical bills from the date of the collision until you reach maximum medical improvement
- Current and ongoing income loss from all income sources, including full and part-time wages, freelance jobs, and other income
- Pain and suffering, including the physical, mental, and emotional trauma caused by your injuries and recovery
- Property damage costs, including repairing or replacing your vehicle
You can also recover a range of wrongful death-related damages, including your loved one’s funeral and burial costs. Our lawyers will explain the compensation you can request for certain losses with a wrongful death action. We will also explain which family members are entitled to recover these damages.
For a free legal consultation with a texting while driving accident attorney in Cincinnati, call (614) 538-1116
We Will File Your Lawsuit on Time
Accurately assessing the value of your injuries and related expenses is critical to the effectiveness of your lawsuit. Requesting your damages and filing your potential lawsuit on time are equally important.
One or more of the following deadlines may apply:
- Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10 — The personal injury statute of limitations generally gives two years from the date of the accident to file your lawsuit.
- Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02 — The wrongful death statute of limitations generally gives you two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file.
When the statute of limitations expires, you will lose the ability to file your lawsuit. If you manage to file your case past the expiration date, the at-fault driver’s representative will ask for its immediate dismissal––and the judge will likely grant it.
When you get our team involved sooner rather than later, we can abide by all of these deadlines and preserve your right to financial recovery. We can also explain whether any extenuating circumstances give you more time to file.
Cincinnati Texting While Driving Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
Put Our Law Firm To Work at No Upfront Cost
Our law firm works on a contingency-fee basis. In lieu of traditional retainers and hourly rates, our compensation is contingent on yours. We will receive a percentage of your settlement or verdict as payment for our legal services.
We are transparent about our fee structure and percentage right from the start. Our law firm has been serving personal injury clients for more than 30 years. We look forward to being part of your post-accident support system and guiding you through this challenging time.
Click to contact our Cincinnati Car Accident Lawyers today
Our Law Firm Will Establish the Elements of Negligence
To seek damages from the person or entity responsible for your car accident, you are required to prove their negligence. As the American Bar Association (ABA) reminds us, these elements include:
- Duty of care. We must prove that the driver owed you a duty of reasonable care and was obligated to operate their vehicle safely. This involves staying free of distractions while behind the wheel.
- Breach of duty. Your lawyer will establish that the at-fault party caused your accident through their carelessness or recklessness.
- Causation. We will assert that the other driver’s smartphone use caused the accident and your resulting injuries.
- Damages. Finally, we will assert that as a result of the collision, you incurred various injury-related losses, both financial and non-financial in nature.
We will collect evidence that supports your case and establishes these elements. We will also obtain and review your crash report to glean details about your accident and the other driver’s actions.
We Will Prove Negligence Using Your Case’s Evidence
Proving negligence establishes your right to recover damages. We do not tax you with collecting the evidence your case needs. Instead, our case support team handles evidence collection for you.
The evidence we collect to prove the elements of negligence include:
- The car accident report
- The other driver’s cell phone records
- Witness statements
- Traffic camera footage
Your car accident report will document the driver’s use of a smartphone while driving. It will also tell us when and where the accident occurred. It will also contain the contact information for the at-fault driver, his insurance company, and any available witnesses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hear from Previous Car Accident Clients
Recommendations from car accident victims can help you see why working with our Cincinnati law firm can benefit your case. Our previous clients share reviews and make recommendations like the following:
- Neera Singh: Bressman Law Attorneys settled my third-party auto insurance claims in an excellent manner…All the job was completed through online mail. My car had been totaled in a bad car crash…I am truly grateful and happy [with]…the work of Jedidiah Bressman.
- Kelsey Weaver: David Bressman has been wonderful to work with throughout my…car accident…David really cares about his clients…I would recommend David Bressman to anyone who is dealing with an injury from an accident.
When you select our car accident team, we never stop fighting for the compensation you deserve. Our client testimonials page contains additional recommendations like these.
Call Our Case Review Team Today
If you or a loved one was injured because another driver was texting, we can help you recover compensation that accounts for your hardships. Find out how hard our texting while driving accident lawyers in Cincinnati will fight for you today.
Contact the team at Bressman Law to begin your free case review.