If you or a loved one was injured in a Lyft accident, you can collect compensation. However, this process can be difficult on your own as you would need to establish liability, determine your damages, and negotiate your settlement.
If you hire a Cincinnati, OH Lyft accident lawyer from our firm, you won’t have to manage any of those tasks. Our team will manage your entire case and fight for the damages you deserve. The initial consultation with the Bressman Law team is free.
Our Lyft Accident Attorneys in Cincinnati, OH Have Decades of Experience
Our legal team has over 60 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases like yours. Much of our attorneys’ experience is in handling court cases, so they know how to resolve a case with a judge whenever necessary. Our attorneys understand personal injury law as it relates to rideshare accidents, so your attorney will understand how to handle your Lyft accident case.
With all of their experience, our team has been able to resolve many cases for people in Ohio, and these people have expressed their appreciation for the warmth and support our attorneys provide. Many of these clients have offered their reviews, and now our team has more than 100 5-star ratings from clients on Google.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accident attorney in Cincinnati, call (614) 538-1116
We Handle Cases on a Contingency-Fee Basis
The attorneys from our firm work for their clients in a contingency-fee arrangement. In this arrangement, you won’t pay your attorney for their service until after your case is resolved and unless your case is resolved with a settlement or a verdict. Generally, our clients find this arrangement very affordable.
Cincinnati Lyft Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
Your Lawyer Will Help to Establish All of Your Damages
You might already have a mental list of damages you want to recover. Our team can help you recover these damages and identify losses you have not yet considered.
Your lawyer can also refer you to certain experts, like doctors, who can provide you with proof of certain damages. Any proof can convince the insurance company to compensate you for the damages.
Finally, your lawyer will assign values to your non-monetary damages, which will help establish the legitimacy of these damages with the insurer.
Damages You Can Recover After a Lyft Accident
Our team can help you recover compensation for the following damages:
- Emotional trauma
- Mental suffering
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Income loss, including any loss in your income-earning ability
- Medical bills, including any bills for physical therapy
- Personal property-related bills, including any bills for your vehicle
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a Lyft accident, our team offers our sincere condolences. While we know money is likely the furthest thing from your mind, getting the compensation you need to cover bills and losses can help you grieve in peace. Our team can help you fight for compensation for:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost future earnings
- Loss of services, such as housework
- Loss of support, care, companionship, or guidance
- Loss of inheritance
- Mental anguish any surviving family members suffered
Please allow our firm to help you and your family during this difficult time.
Click to contact our Cincinnati Personal Injury Lawyers today
Your Cincinnati, OH Lyft Accident Lawyer Will Establish Liability
In a rideshare accident case, the rideshare driver, Lyft, or another party could be liable. These parties may also share liability. To hold these parties accountable, our team must prove:
- The other party had a responsibility to act with care (This is referred to as a duty of care)
- The other party acted irresponsibly and carelessly (This is called a breach of duty)
- The other party’s actions led to the incident (Causation)
- The incident led to losses you can show (Damages)
The following evidence could help your legal team establish liability:
- Data from Lyft’s driver app
- Details from the authorities’ accident report
- A statement from a witness or an expert witness
- Photos a witness took of the accident scene
- Footage from a camera, like a traffic or security camera
The Driver’s Status at the Time of the Accident Determines Who Pays for Your Injuries and Losses
Determining whose insurance covers your injuries and losses depends on whether the driver was working at the time.
- If the driver was not logged into the app, their personal insurance covers any injuries they cause in an accident.
- If they are logged into the app but have not matched with a passenger, Lyft offers insurance which only applies if the driver’s personal insurance refuses to cover the accident.
- If the driver is on their way to pick up a passenger or has a passenger in their car, Lyft’s liability insurance covers your injuries.
Insurance can be very confusing. Our team will identify the liable party(s) in your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Negotiating for Your Settlement or Court Verdict
Once your case is ready, your lawyer will give your case file over to the insurance company and attempt to negotiate a settlement.
Your lawyer will negotiate for all of your damages and prevent the insurer from devaluing your damages. Threatening to sue the other party may convince the insurer to settle your case in good faith.
Regardless of the path your case takes, our team will fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contact Bressman Law for a Cincinnati Lyft Accident Lawyer
We can tell you more about our team during a free consultation. We’ll also tell you more about what you can expect from one of our lawyers. After your consultation, if you hire one of our Lyft accident lawyers in Cincinnati, OH, we can meet with you in person to consult further.
Bressman Law serves Cincinnati and its nearby communities. To learn more about our service, contact us today to consult with us for free.