You could have the basis of a product liability case if you were injured by a flawed, faulty, or defective consumer product. At Bressman Law, our Marion product liability lawyers will review your case at no cost. An insurance claim or lawsuit can help you recover medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We start building your case by conducting a thorough investigation and determining where to assign financial liability.
Without legal help and support, it can be challenging to build your case and negotiate compensation. With our team on your side, you can focus on your personal well-being while we champion your legal rights.
What You Need to Know About Product Liability Cases
You could have the basis of a product liability case if you or someone you love was injured by a consumer product that was used in the way it was intended. One of the first things we’ll do is identify the at-fault party.
The at-fault party could include:
- The product’s manufacturer
- The manufacturer of its parts
- The product’s wholesaler or retailer
- The product’s marketing team
We can also define the way in which the product was defective. This may require consulting with engineers on your case, who may assert the defect lied with:
A Defective Design
Products with design flaws can cause dangerous malfunctions. Examples would include a carbon monoxide detector that cannot detect dangerous CO gas levels or flame-retardant materials that do not block fire damage.
The Manufacturing Process
Products can be flawed because of problems in the manufacturing process. Examples would include a vehicle with faulty brakes or an aerosol can with faulty pressure controls.
The Lack of a Warning Label
Consumers should know everything about a product’s risks before using it. Manufacturers are required to include warning labels about certain hazards and how they can be avoided.
Examples include a medication that does not list all possible side effects or a toy without the appropriate age range on it.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability attorney in Marion, call (614) 538-1116
Product Liability Damages We Can Recover for You
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recalls millions of items a year. Even if a product’s on the shelf, it could still end up hurting the consumer. When this happens, the law allows injured people to recover:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current future lost wages
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Transportation expenses
- Childcare costs
Your family can also recover wrongful death-related damages if a loved one was fatally injured by a defective product. These damages include funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial and household support, and loss of companionship and consortium.
Our team at Bressman Law will carefully assess your financial recovery options and work hard to ensure your case is not undervalued or underpaid.
You Have a Limited Time to Pursue Compensation Under Ohio Law
Recovering damages in your product liability case is a time-sensitive matter. During your free case review, one of our representatives will explain the importance of adhering to the state’s civil statute of limitations.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally two years, per Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10.
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally two years, per Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02.
Failing to meet the filing deadline could result in your case being dismissed–meaning its merits would never be heard in court. Missing the deadline could also leave you with few legal options for recovering damages from the at-fault party or their insurer. We can help you avoid this adverse outcome.
In addition to complying with the filing deadline, getting our team involved sooner rather than later also means we have time to investigate, find possible witnesses, and consult relevant experts. Finding certain pieces of evidence is a time-sensitive matter, too.
Marion Product Liability Attorney (614) 538-1116
Our Product Liability Lawyers Will Advocate for You in Marion, Ohio
Our product liability lawyers have been serving injured people for more than 30 years with a focus on client care and support. We concentrate on getting the job done while offering warm and helpful legal services.
To build your case, we will:
- Communicate with the product manufacturer’s insurance company
- Assign an accurate monetary value to your injuries and related expenses
- Represent you through the back-and-forth settlement negotiation process
- Update you on your case’s progression
- Advise you on your legal options
- Consult with third-party field experts
- Address your questions and concerns
- Investigate your case and gather important evidence
We’re prepared to do everything your case needs to reach a favorable outcome.
What Clients Have to Say About the Team at Bressman Law
Our law firm works hard to achieve the best possible outcome for every client we represent. Of our legal service and support, previous personal injury clients say the following:
- Jerry F.: David, Karen, and the staff at Bressman Law are AMAZING. We were put in a terrible situation due to the incompetence of another attorney. David…fixed the problems, turned things around, and got us a settlement better than expected…Pick Bressman Law, you will not be disappointed.
- Aaron A.: A friend recommended David and I couldn’t have been happier. He took care of everything and explained the process in an easy-to-understand way. I’m happy to have this case closed and finally behind me.
Past and present clients love working with Attorney David Bressman and every member of his team because, when you hire us, you and your case become our priority.
Click to contact our Marion Personal Injury Lawyers today
Review Your Product Liability Case at No Cost or Obligation
If you or a loved one suffered harm due to a defective product, our product liability lawyers will help you fight for compensation. Our goal is to recover your damages and help rebuild your life.
Get your no-cost, no-obligation case review today by calling our team now.
Call or text (614) 538-1116 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form