Motorcycle accidents can leave victims and their loved ones reeling from serious physical and emotional injuries, as well as financial burdens. The situation can be even more overwhelming if another person’s reckless or negligent actions led to the accident.
Our firm is known for fighting for justice and fair compensation for motorcycle accident victims. Let a motorcycle accident lawyer in Marion, OH fight for you and your loved ones. Call us today at (614) 538-1116 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Common Motorcycle Accident Causes
At Bressman Law, our firm has helped countless motorcycle victims get fair compensation for their injuries. Those cases have involved injuries caused by a variety of factors.
Drivers who are in a hurry or those not paying attention are dangers on the road for many vehicles, especially motorcycles. Careless drivers often do not see motorcyclists, leading to serious accidents and injuries.
Accidents may occur when drivers fail to see motorcycles:
- Making turns
- Pulling out of a driveways
- Making lane changes
- Entering or exiting a highway on-ramp or street
- Moving out of a parking space or parking lot
Hazardous Road Conditions
Careless actions or failure to take actions to prevent dangerous conditions on the road often lead to motorcycle crashes. Sometimes, objects left in the highway by road crews or items that have fallen off other vehicles because the cargo was not properly secured can lead to motorcycle accidents. Low-speed accidents that involve an object in the road can lead to devastating motorcycle crashes because these types of vehicles do not have anything to shield drivers from impact.
Defective Motorcycles or Faulty Parts
Poorly assembled motorcycles or those built with a faulty part can lead to serious accidents. In these instances, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the manufacturer or supplier. Due to the nature of these suits, they are very complicated and often can benefit from the support of a legal professional.
In these types of cases, our firm may:
- Consult experts to reconstruct accident scenes and analyze their findings.
- Review other similar types of motorcycle accidents.
- Look for product recalls.
- Review maintenance and product records.
We fight for the rights of motorcycle accident victims. Call our firm today at (614) 538-1116 to discuss the details of your case.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident attorney in Marion, call (614) 538-1116
Serious Injuries as a Result of a Motorcycle Accident
Due to the little protection a motorcycle provides, a motorcycle crash victim often sustains worse injuries than someone operating a car and these can lead to serious, life-altering injuries, including:
- Brain and spinal cord injuries: The force and impact of a motorcycle accident can lead to brain and spinal cord injuries, which may cause partial, temporary, or permanent paralysis, cognitive problems, or premature death.
- Nerve damage: Nerve damage can lead to chronic pain, numbness, weakness, muscle atrophy, and paralysis.
- Joint injuries: The lack of protection and impact can force a motorcyclist to be thrown from a bike, resulting in severe joint injuries that can result in disfigurements and temporary or permanent disabilities.
In addition to serious physical injuries, a motorcycle accident can lead to serious psychological trauma and emotional distress for the victim. Since these conditions can impede physical recovery, victims and their families also should seek treatment to address these issues.
At Bressman Law, we understand that no two cases are alike. If you or someone you love suffered a type of motorcycle injury not listed here, you should still reach out to us for help. Call us at (614) 538-1116 to get a free case consultation.
Marion Motorcycle Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
Potential Damages Recovered in a Motorcycle Accident Case
Victims injured in motorcycle accidents may be entitled to damages for:
- Hospital and medical costs
- Lost benefits
- Lost earnings and future income potential
- Chronic pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of companionship
- Ongoing rehabilitation and therapy
Take the first step to getting your life back by contacting a motorcycle accident lawyer in Marion, OH. Our team at Bressman Law will fight for your rights and fair compensation. Call us today at (614) 538-1116 to begin discussing the details of your motorcycle accident case.
Click to contact our Marion Personal Injury Lawyers today
Why Retain a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
We Conduct Exhaustive Probes
From the minute you retain our services, a motorcycle accident lawyer in Marion, OH begins building your case. We perform a thorough investigation, which may include:
- Gathering and reviewing police, medical, and accident reports.
- Organizing and filing all paperwork promptly.
- Getting witness statements.
- Reviewing hospital bills and ongoing medical expense reports.
- Reviewing and keeping track of lost income and/or benefits.
- Consulting experts, such as medical specialists.
We make ourselves available to answer all your questions as soon as possible, and we promise to keep you updated of any changes or updates during the process.
One generally has two years to file a lawsuit after a motorcycle accident in Ohio.
Our firm wants you feel confident that we have your best interests in mind. Contact our firm at (614) 538-1116 to discuss your motorcycle accident case.
We Handle All Inquiries
Our team at Bressman Law does all of the talking for you, whether it is with insurance companies or other involved parties. Lawyers want to make sure that any information that is shared is accurate, relevant, and does not affect your case negatively in any way.
During our discussions, attorneys do their due diligence to negotiate a fair settlement with insurance companies. If they are unwilling to negotiate equitable compensation, lawyers will face them at trial.
Count on a motorcycle accident lawyer in Marion, OH to fight for fair compensation for you. Call us at (614) 538-1116 today, so we can begin discussing the details of your motorcycle accident case in Marion, OH.