If you were injured or lost a family member in a bicycle accident caused by another party’s negligence, you could be entitled to financial compensation. These damages can cover your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
While you can pursue damages on your own, you may prefer working with a bicycle accident lawyer serving Worthington, Ohio, at Bressman Law who has experience handling cases like yours.
Negligence and Liability in an Ohio Bicycle Accident Case
Some accidents are simply accidents, but others result from the careless or reckless behavior of others. When one party’s negligence injures another, the negligent party can be held responsible for those injuries. Our lawyer will investigate your bicycle accident to look for evidence of negligence by an outside party.
Negligent drivers can cause bicycle accidents by:
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Failing to yield to bicyclists
- Crowding bicyclists
- Striking bicyclists when opening a door
- Distracted driving
Municipalities can cause bicycle accidents by:
- Failing to fix potholes or uneven pavement on bike paths and roads
- Failing to remove fallen branches or other obstacles
- Poorly designing roadways, intersections, or bike paths
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accident attorney in Worthington, call (614) 538-1116
Recovering Damages After a Bicycle Accident
Our lawyers can determine which damages might be available to you after your accident.
Economic Damages in a Bicycle Accident Case
You could recover compensation for direct losses such as:
- Medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Medical equipment
- Lost wages
- Future lost wages
- Property damage
Non-Economic Damages in a Bicycle Accident Case
You may be able to recover compensation for pain and suffering if you:
- Lost a limb or other body part
- Experienced permanent disfigurement or disability
- Can no longer care for yourself or perform life-sustaining activities
- Suffer from mental anguish
- Have a reduced quality of life
Wrongful Death Damages After a Bicycle Accident
If your loved one passed away in a bicycle accident, you might be able to recover damages for:
- Medical bills for any treatment your loved one received before passing away
- Mental anguish that family members experience because of their loss
- Loss of financial support based on your loved one’s income
- Loss of inheritance for the inheritance your loved one’s spouse and children expected to receive
- Loss of service for the chores, childcare, and household maintenance your loved one would have performed
- Loss of care, companionship, guidance, instruction, and society experienced by the family members left behind
Worthington Bicycle Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
Benefits of Working With a Personal Injury Lawyer
Our lawyers may be able to help you recover damages by:
- Investigating your accident: We will look for evidence that negligence by other drivers or municipalities caused your accident.
- Estimating your damages: We will use evidence such as your medical bills and records, past wage statements, and interviews with you, your family, and medical providers to determine how much your case is worth.
- Negotiating a settlement: We will file an insurance claim for you and negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance provider.
- Filing a lawsuit: If we cannot settle out of court, we will sue the at-fault party for damages.
Click to contact our Worthington Personal Injury Lawyers today
Here’s What Our Clients Are Saying About Bressman Law
Our lawyers have been serving personal injury victims for more than 30 years. Bressman Law is dedicated to getting the best possible results for people who were hurt or killed because of the careless actions of others. Here are a few of our client reviews:
“…Bressman Law… fight[s] for the little man. David understood my situation and gave me total respect throughout the whole process. I was grateful for the preparation David offered so I would be comfortable answering the other attorney’s questions.” – Chris B.
“Great people! The office staff was wonderful to deal with and David Bressman was a great attorney… They really cared about what our needs were.” – Howie B.
“They were very nice and understanding… [Bressman Law] took my case at the last minute… I’ve been in pain for 3 years now and have been through [a lot].” – Tashiea C.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
File Your Bicycle Accident Lawsuit Before the Ohio Deadline
Ohio limits how much time you have to sue the party that caused your bicycle accident. The statute of limitations for personal injury is generally two years, according to Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10.
The statute of limitations for wrongful death is generally two years, according to Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02. Certain circumstances allow for exceptions to these statutes. Our lawyers can help you determine how these laws apply to your case.
If you wait too long, you might lose the right to seek damages after your bicycle accident. Consult your lawyer serving Worthington, Ohio, to be sure you file your lawsuit before the legal deadline.
Our Team Is Sympathetic to Bicycle Accidents in Ohio
Tragedy can ensue when bicycles share the road with motor vehicles. Because bicycles offer little protection to the rider in an accident, bicyclists can suffer severe injuries, including broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and even death.
Our Team Can Help if You Lost a Family Member to a Bicycle Accident in Ohio
You could secure damages after losing a loved one to a bicycle accident. These could include funeral expenses, your loved one’s medical bills, wages you lost taking care of your family member, and more. Your lawyer can tell you if you qualify for filing this kind of lawsuit, as only certain people can do this.
Bressman Law Can Represent You in a Bicycle Accident Case
If you were hurt or lost a loved one in a bicycle accident in Worthington, Ohio, caused by someone else, you might be entitled to damages for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We offer a free book about personal injury that you might find informative.
Our lawyer can help you recover damages for these losses and more. Call Bressman Law today at (877) 538-1116 for a free case consultation. Because we work on contingency, you pay nothing unless we win your case.