You might qualify to file a claim for compensation if you were injured in a car accident involving a large truck. A truck accident lawyer in Worthington, OH, from Bressman Law can help you hold the trucking company financially responsible for the truck driver’s actions.
At Bressman Law, we pride ourselves on giving every client the one-on-one attention they need and deserve. We have the resources to take on any trucking company, no matter the size, and navigate even the most complicated truck accident claims.
Call us at (614) 538-1116 for a free case review.
Recoverable Damages in a Worthington, Ohio, Truck Accident Case
If you enlist our help for your truck accident claim, we will do everything we can to help you recover the money you need to get your life back to normal.
Compensatory damages compensate you for accident-related expenses and losses to “make you whole again” after a crash. Some of the most common types of compensatory damages that are recoverable after a Worthington truck crash include:
- Medical treatment and related costs;
- Rehabilitation or physical therapy costs;
- Prescription drug expenses;
- Lost wages for the time you missed at work;
- Diminished earning capacity, if you cannot work or take a lower-paying job;
- Out-of-pocket costs related to the accident; and
- Pain and suffering.
Our auto accident lawyers are committed to your case’s outcome. We intend to do everything possible to seek a fair recovery for your truck accident-related losses.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident attorney in Worthington, call (614) 538-1116
Liability in Ohio Truck Accident Cases
While a negligent driver is usually the liable party after a car accident, truck accidents are somewhat different. Thanks to a legal doctrine called “vicarious liability,” an employer may be liable for its employee’s actions.
The truck carrier (employer) may be liable for its employee’s (truck driver) actions if the truck driver was engaged in employment duties at the time of the wreck and the truck driver caused the accident.
Of course, a truck carrier may be directly liable for a truck accident if it was negligent by:
- Requiring truck drivers to work beyond allowable hours of service;
- Failing to maintain its vehicles;
- Failing to inspect its trucks regularly; or
- Hiring unfit, untrained, or unqualified truck drivers.
Our Worthington truck accident lawyers will determine your collision’s cause. In turn, this helps us determine fault and liability for your injury-related losses.
Worthington Truck Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
Understanding the Truck Accident Claims Process
Many victims of truck accidents prefer to enlist the help of a truck accident lawyer who is familiar with complex truck accident cases. If you let us navigate this process for you, you can focus on your physical recovery while we handle your legal case.
We offer free initial consultations, so you can better understand your case before you decide what to do next. During this consultation, we will discuss your accident and its causes. If you hire us to handle your case, we will begin the accident claims process.
Your Auto Accident Lawyer Will Investigate the Collision
First, we will investigate the truck crash. We need to build a strong case demonstrating what happened, how the trucker caused it, and how the accident caused your injuries. We may need to collect several types of evidence to prove liability in your case. This process usually includes:
- Obtaining the police report;
- Interviewing witnesses;
- Recovering video of the crash;
- Surveying the accident scene;
- Analyzing damage to all vehicles;
- Working with an accident reconstruction team or other expert witnesses;
- Obtaining medical evidence from your records; and
- Collecting documentation of your damages and calculating your losses.
We will also need to ensure the trucking company preserves all the evidence related to your accident. This may include:
- The driver’s written or digital logs;
- Relevant data from onboard computers;
- Truck maintenance records;
- Truck inspection logs;
- Post-accident drug and alcohol test results; and
- Other documents related to the truck or the trucker.
We’re Ready to File a Truck Accident Injury Claim
After we complete our investigation, we will approach the trucking company’s insurer with a demand letter outlining our case and documenting your damages. The insurer will respond to our demand letter, and we will try to negotiate a fair settlement.
We’re Prepared to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
If we cannot settle with the insurance company, we can file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court. We will continue to negotiate for a fair settlement, but we will start the litigation process and prepare to take your case to court. If we are still unable to reach a fair settlement, we will present your case to a jury and ask for fair compensation.
Click to contact our Worthington Personal Injury Lawyers today
Things You Should Do After a Truck Accident in Worthington
Seeking medical attention is one of the most important things you should do following a truck accident. A healthcare professional can check for any hidden injuries or impairments that could worsen over time. They can also supply information that could benefit your truck accident case later on, such as expert testimony.
These considerations could also promote a smooth claims process:
- Limit what you share with the trucking company’s insurer. Anything you share outside of basic information could hurt your case.
- Follow through with medical care. You want to show the insurer that you’re committed to making a full recovery. Neglecting medical care could discredit your allegations.
- Partner with a truck accident attorney. Trucking companies have a wealth of resources at their disposal when it comes to disputing accident claims. Bressman Law has its own resources that have helped us recover millions for injured claimants.
You can learn more about your post-truck-accident measures during a free case review.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a Truck Accident Lawyer in Worthington, OH, About Your Case
At Bressman Law, personal injury attorney David Bressman and his team treat every client like a member of the family. We offer personalized services and one-on-one attention, and we have the resources to take on any corporation.
Call us at (614) 538-1116 today to schedule a complimentary consultation with a member of our team.
Call or text (614) 538-1116 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form