Being injured in an Ohio car accident can be a harrowing and stressful experience. Many people suffer from neck pain after being struck by a negligent driver. There are many types of serious neck injuries, some of which do not immediately present symptoms. If you have not already done so, you should seek medical attention for your injuries. You should also consider the value of working with a Cincinnati neck pain caused by a car accident lawyer.
At Bressman Law, we are committed to helping injured claimants get the compensation they deserve following a collision with a negligent driver. With our help, we can recover the cost of your medical bills, lost income, and emotional anguish. When you call us today, you will be connected with a member of our team who can help you explore your legal options. Call today to get started.
Neck Pain Following an Auto Accident Can Be Indicative of a Serious Injury
Neck pain affects each person differently. Some people may experience symptoms immediately at the accident scene. Others may not feel symptoms for several weeks.
Neck pain can point to injuries that require surgery, hospitalization, physical therapy, and medications. These medical expenses can add up quickly.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms after being in an auto accident, it is important to check in with your doctor to have your injuries treated and documented.
Mayo Clinic reports that a neck-related injury can present the following symptoms:
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in your ears
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
- Problems with memory or concentration
- Abnormal sensations, such as numbness, heat, or prickling in the limbs
- Pain in the neck, upper back, shoulders, or arms
- Headaches, especially at the base of your head
- Disturbed sleep patterns
Your doctor or chiropractor will likely perform physical and neurological examinations (such as X-rays) to determine the cause of your symptoms. After a diagnosis is made, treatment may include surgery, cervical support collars, pain and anti-inflammatory medications, and physical therapy.
A Cincinnati neck pain caused by a car accident lawyer can help you estimate the cost of the damages you have incurred due to your injuries. They can work alongside your health care team to learn more about your condition and expected recovery time. They can also review the details of your health insurance policy to see if you have any coverage options.
For a free legal consultation with a neck pain attorney in Cincinnati, call (614) 538-1116
A Cincinnati Neck Pain Caused by a Car Accident Lawyer Is Your Legal Advocate
Following a car accident, the legal process can quickly become confusing – especially if you have never been in a collision before. A lawyer from Bressman Law can answer any questions you have about filing an insurance claim or lawsuit. They can also handle the responsibilities involved with proving the cause of your injuries and the cost of your damages.
During your free initial case review, you can talk about your case with a member of our team. They can explain your legal options and how to recover compensation for your collision-related damages. Together, we can determine what course of legal action best suits your goals and interests.
Our team can help you by:
Proving That the Other Party Is Responsible for Your Accident and Injuries
To recover compensation in a personal injury case, you will need to prove that another party should be held liable for your expenses. This is achieved by proving the following elements:
- Duty – every road user has a responsibility to drive safely and responsibly to avoid the risk of harm to others.
- Breach – drivers violate their duty of care to others when they fail to follow traffic signals, signs, and controls, drive while distracted, speed, or engage in other negligent behavior behind the wheel.
- Causation – proving your injuries would not have happened if the at-fault party had observed their duty of care towards you.
- Damages – You suffered an injury and other losses due to the other driver’s actions (or inactions).
When we represent you, we can help you gather the documents you will need to support your case, which can include:
- Photographs of the accident scene and your injuries
- Witness statements
- The police report
- Statements from law enforcement officials
- Traffic camera footage
- Expert testimony from medical professionals and accident reconstruction specialists
- Your medical records
This information can help your claim if the other party denies responsibility or if the insurance company disputes the cost of your injuries.
Estimating the Value of Your Damages
Our clients often ask us about the value of their claim. Without first reviewing the details of your situation, we cannot provide an answer. Many factors that will play into the value of your case.
You may be able to pursue compensation for the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience
- Emotional trauma
We will carefully examine your medical records and other documents (such as your employment records) to determine the accident’s full financial impact. We will also take into consideration any accident-related costs that may arise in the future.
Negotiating a Fair Settlement
Dealing with the liable insurance company can be a frustrating and daunting experience. To overcome this challenge, many people seek legal representation. Insurance companies are businesses. They work to advance their own financial interests rather than fairly compensate injured claimants. However, a Cincinnati neck pain caused by a car accident lawyer can handle all communications with the liable insurance company on your behalf. They can negotiate for a fair settlement while you focus on your health and family.
Yet, if this does not work out, your lawyer can file a personal injury lawsuit and represent your interests in civil court. Per Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10, you typically have two years to file a lawsuit for compensation. If you do not file your car accident lawsuit within the appropriate deadline, you could lose your right to financial recovery.
For more information about our services, call Bressman Law. You can begin a free case review today.
Cincinnati Neck Pain Attorney (614) 538-1116
Why Choose Bressman Law to Help You With Your Neck Pain Claim?
Choosing the right lawyer to represent your best interests is an important decision. Here are a few reasons why we believe we offer value to our clients:
- We manage every aspect of your case and provide guidance and support throughout the process.
- We know how to handle the responsibilities of building and proving your case.
- With over 25 years of representing injured claimants in Ohio, we understand how to overcome the strategies insurance companies can use to protect their financial interests.
- We understand the impact of a serious injury on a person’s life, family, and future and take pride in helping our clients get through difficult circumstances when harmed by other people’s negligence.
- We continually innovate and build on our success to provide legal excellence at all times.
- We provide a free initial consultation and then provide our legal services on a contingency fee basis.
What Our Clients Say About Us
While we can tell you about what we do, we believe it is better to hear directly from our clients about how we helped them with their personal injury cases:
“Attorney Bressman helped my husband with an auto accident settlement. We couldn’t be happier with his services. He was kind, patient and professional. With his years of experience, he was able to get us more money than we anticipated. Would recommend him to anyone!!!” – Melissa Williams, April 2022
“David Bressman and his team are very professional. Through, knowledgeable and dedicated! They put their clients first. My experience with David was wonderful. He had my best interest in mind at all times, coached me and prepared me on what to expect and made me comfortable in any situation I was in. He is an attorney that knows the laws and is very well respected in the community”. – Stacey Kuzda, January 2022
Our Car Accident Case Results
While the case results below are not necessarily indicative of what you could receive, it gives you an idea about what we can achieve, especially in situations where our clients were previously offered a low or no settlement:
- A settlement before trial of $1.6 million for a family injured in a car accident in 2021
- A $450,000 settlement for serious injuries sustained in a truck accident
- A policy limit settlement of $100,000 for a car accident injury victim
Click to contact our Cincinnati Car Accident Lawyers today
Bressman Law, Helping You Every Step of the Way
At Bressman Law, we understand that a serious injury can negatively impact your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. We are here to help you through every stage of the claims process.
We strive to provide effective and comprehensive legal support for you and your family. A Cincinnati neck pain caused by a car accident lawyer can help you fight for compensation. We also provide our legal aid on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning that we do not charge you for our services until the successful resolution of your case.
Call today for a free case evaluation.