If someone hit your car from behind, you might think that liability is clear and that the following driver will have to pay for your losses. Some drivers in this situation, however, will blame everyone except themselves for the consequences of the accident. This can make establishing liability difficult.
A rear-end collision accident lawyer serving Grove City, Ohio, can talk to you, investigate the accident, and protect your rights. If you got injured in a rear-end crash, you do not want to try to handle this situation on your own without legal help.
Damages You Could Recover for Your Grove City, Ohio Rear-end Collision
There is no set amount of damages you could pursue after getting hurt in a rear-end collision. The amount of compensation you could seek will depend on the facts of your situation. Here are some of the types of losses we have recovered for our personal injury clients:
- Lost wages. The at-fault party could have to pay the income that you lost when you could not work due to your injuries. Although people tend to use the phrase “lost wages,” this category of money damages can include all forms of lost income.
- Decreased earning capacity. After a severe injury, residual impairment may limit your ability to work or perform specific job functions. If lingering problems from your injuries make you unable to earn as much money as before, we can add this financial loss to your claim.
- Medical expenses. People can typically recover the reasonable cost of medical care to treat their injuries. After a rear-end collision, you might have bills from the ambulance, emergency room, doctors, radiology, hospital, surgery, and physical therapy, among others.
- Future medical costs. Sometimes a person might need ongoing medical procedures for quite some time after a significant injury. For example, if you experienced spinal cord damage in the collision, you might need physical therapy for the rest of your life to prevent complications.
- Pain and suffering. It is not enough for the other party to pay your medical bills. Your claim should include compensation for the physical discomfort, inconvenience, and emotional stress you experienced due to getting hurt.
- Other intangible losses. You might also experience adverse outcomes that do not always come with receipts or bills. Nonetheless, these losses can be a valid part of your injury claim. For example, if you can no longer walk because of your injuries, you might experience loss of enjoyment of life. If you were involved in an accident that involved horrific injuries or a fatality, you might develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Your rear-end collision accident lawyer serving Grove City can evaluate potential items that could be a part of your claim for compensation, including some things you might not think of on your own.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collision accident attorney in Grove City, call (614) 538-1116
How to Determine the Fair Settlement Value of Your Rear-end Car Accident
If you do not work in the legal field or the liability insurance industry, it will be next to impossible for you to accurately determine how much money the defendant should pay for the harm you suffered in the collision. Even if someone in your family or circle of friends had a similar accident in the past, their injuries, wage loss, and complications could be quite different from yours.
With so many moving parts and variables, you could miss out on a lot of money if you try to handle this process alone. By working with a personal injury attorney, you can be much more confident that your claim is getting valued appropriately.
Grove City Rear-End Collision Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
How a Lawyer Can Help You
After an accident, you may be unsure of your next steps. Our team can handle every aspect of your case. We will:
- Gather evidence
- Use the evidence we obtained to prove negligence, even if you were the rear driver
- Handle all communications with involved parties
- Negotiate with the other party’s insurer
- Prepare your case for trial
- Represent you at trial, if necessary
Click to contact our Grove City Car Accident Lawyers today
Things to Beware of After a Rear-End Collision
Many different pitfalls could sabotage your claim for money damages after a rear-end collision. Here are three things to keep in mind:
- The at-fault driver might try to blame you for the crash. The defendant might accuse you of causing the accident by slamming on the brakes unexpectedly.
- Stay off social media. Even if you typically post regularly on social media, you should take a break from doing so until your injury claim gets resolved. The insurance company could twist your words to devalue your claim.
- The claims adjuster is not on your side. They may seem charming and friendly, but they may attempt to get you to say something that will jeopardize your claim.
These are only a few examples of things to be aware of after getting hurt in a rear-end collision.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How to Get Legal Help After a Grove City Car Crash
At Bressman Law, we help people who get hurt due to the carelessness of others. When we handle your car accident injury claim, you can focus on taking care of yourself and your family. You should not have to battle with an aggressive claims adjuster when you are going through the aftermath of a car crash.
We get the job done while you rest and recuperate. We are proud of our phenomenal Google reviews about how we have helped our clients. If you want lawyers who are warm and supportive towards you while vigorously advocating on your behalf, you have found the right place. You can call (877) 538-1116 today for a free, no-obligation consultation.