Car accidents are common occurrences around the Marysville, OH, area. After a car accident, the people involved must deal with complicated matters, such as getting their car fixed, dealing with insurance companies, and securing a rental car. A car accident involving a Lyft can make an accident’s aftermath even more complicated.
If you got into an accident with a Lyft driver, you might wonder whose insurance will pay for the accident. A Lyft accident lawyer serving Marysville, OH, from Bressman Law can guide you through the claims process after a rideshare accident. We can help you determine if the Lyft driver’s personal insurance will cover the accident or if Lyft’s insurance will. With our team by your side, you can get the support you need through the confusing claims process. You can start with a free initial consultation with our personal injury team today.
How Our Marysville, OH Attorney Can Help After a Lyft Accident
After a Lyft accident, you might not know what to do first. Our car accident attorneys handle many of these cases and know the steps to take after getting into a car accident. So, when you contact our personal injury law firm, you can expect us to get to work on your case quickly.
We can take the following steps on your behalf to seek a favorable outcome for your case:
- Investigate: Our team can investigate the accident’s cause by looking at the evidence and speaking to witnesses.
- Determine liability: We can review police reports and other relevant accident evidence to determine who caused it.
- Seek compensation: We can seek compensation from the liable party. Our team can negotiate with their insurer to reach a fair settlement agreement.
- Litigate in court: We can take your case to court if the opposing side doesn’t offer a fair settlement agreement. Our attorneys can build a case to present to the court, proving why you deserve to recover the compensation we seek.
Having an attorney navigate through the complex legal issues of a Lyft accident case can make it a manageable process. So often, people feel stressed and nervous about filing a claim against someone. With our team by your side, you can get the support you need to get through it.
Benefits of Choosing Bressman Law After a Lyft Accident
At Bressman Law, we have been serving personal injury clients for more than 30 years. We have the skills and knowledge to pursue the maximum compensation for each client. When our clients choose us, we want to ensure they have quality legal representation.
Some of the benefits of working with our firm include:
- We are responsive communicators. Our team has a unique communication system that helps ensure you won’t play phone tag with us. You can get answers quickly when you need to get ahold of your attorney to ask questions or receive status updates.
- We are transparent. You will have access to any documentation we receive about your case you. We do not keep our clients in the dark about anything that goes on with their cases.
You can speak to a member of our legal team during a free consultation. You can learn about your legal options and the next steps to take at no cost.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accident attorney in Marysville, call (614) 538-1116
Who Can Receive Compensation After a Lyft Accident in Marysville, OH?
There are several situations where someone could receive compensation after getting injured in an accident with a Lyft driver. These people could include:
- A Lyft passenger
- Another motorist in an accident the Lyft driver caused
- A pedestrian or cyclist involved in an accident that a Lyft driver caused
If you believe you qualify for compensation, we encourage you to contact an attorney promptly. Generally, you have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit against the liable party, per Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10. Unfortunately, after two years are up, your chances of recovering compensation drop significantly.
Types of Compensation People Could Recover After Getting Injured in a Lyft Accident
If you’ve sustained injuries in a Lyft accident, you could potentially recover compensation from the liable party. Our attorneys can calculate your damages so that you can better know how much your case is worth.
Examples of recoverable damages:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Lost income, including future lost income
- Emotional distress
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment
The losses you endured can affect the value of your case.
Marysville Lyft Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
Lyft’s Insurance Coverage
The setting the Lyft driver is in during the accident can determine whose insurance will cover the accident.
The amount of insurance coverage Lyft’s plan will provide in these scenarios depends on the setting the driver is in. For example, Lyft has different coverage limits for when the driver has the app on with no passengers and when there are passengers in the car.
When the Lyft Driver’s Personal Insurance Covers the Accident
The Lyft driver’s personal insurance plan will cover the accident if the driver has the Lyft app turned off. Any accident that occurs after the driver turns their app off is the responsibility of the driver’s personal insurance coverage. Lyft has no liability in this case.
When Lyft’s Insurance Covers the Accident
Lyft’s insurance covers the accident when the Lyft driver is doing the following:
- The Lyft driver has the app on and is waiting for a request. Even if they don’t have a Lyft ride, if the app is on, Lyft’s insurance coverage could have to pay for the accident.
- The Lyft driver has a passenger in their vehicle or heads to pick one up. In this case, Lyft’s insurance coverage would cover the accident.
Click to contact our Marysville, OH Rideshare Accident Lawyers today
Contact Our Lyft Accident Lawyer Serving Marysville, OH Today
After getting into a Lyft accident in Marysville, OH, our attorney could help you prove who’s liable and determine which insurance coverage will cover the collision. We can work with the opposing side to reach a fair settlement. You deserve to receive compensation after going through an accident that caused injuries.
Contact our law firm today for a free initial consultation. A member of our team can discuss your legal options and steps moving forward. After the consultation, you will have a better understanding of the legal process and its possible outcomes.
Call or text (614) 538-1116 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form