Being in a rear-end vehicle collision could cause significant injuries, which may cause other adverse consequences, such as not being able to go to work. If you or a loved one was involved in a rear-end collision in Powell and suffered injuries as a result, then you might be able to collect compensation to recover some or all of your losses.
A Powell rear-end collisions lawyer may assess your case and help you take legal action to seek awards. Call the team at Bressman Law today at (877) 538-1116 to learn how we get the job done for our clients, and how we may do the same for you.
Rear-End Collisions Can Cause Injuries and Other Negative Health Conditions
The Insurance Information Institute (III) found that rear-end collisions accounted for 7.2 percent of fatal crashes in 2017, indicating that the greatest risk of a rear-end collision is losing a loved one. Even if a rear-end collision does not cause a fatality, people may still sustain serious injuries, which can cause significant interruptions in their lives.
Some injuries that could result from a rear-end collision include:
- Broken bones
- Cuts, bruises, and burns
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and concussions
- Internal bleeding and other internal injuries
Health journal Accident Analysis & Prevention
notes that the risk of death and injury can increase based on the victim’s age and vehicle speed. Injuries tend to be more severe for older victims, especially if the car was going at a fast speed before the rear-end accident occurred.
Additional factors that may impact the severity of a rear-end collision are:
- The size and weight of the vehicle that struck yours
- Whether the other driver was paying attention to the road before impact
- Whether the other driver was impaired at the time of the collision
- The size of your vehicle
- Where and at what angle did the other vehicle strike yours
Your lawyer may note these factors as they argue for compensation.
Your Injuries May Cause Significant Loss
A person can suffer in multiple ways after experiencing an accident-related injury. For example, they may have:
- Physical pain
- Emotional anguish
- Psychological trauma
- Physical limitation caused by their injury
These consequences might lead to secondary consequences, which might be even more damaging than the trauma itself. Some secondary consequences of rear-end collisions may include:
- Being unable to work for an extended period of time and unable to collect an income as a result
- Being permanently disabled
- Suffering disfigurement or scarring
- Suffering a decline in your mental health
- Substantial medical costs to diagnose and treat your injuries
- Changes to your cognitive abilities and personality
- Harm to your relationships
- A decline in your overall quality of life
These losses may be among your reasons for pursuing compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. If you want to initiate your lawsuit or learn more about the post-accident legal process, speak with a law firm representative about how a Powell rear-end collisions lawyer can help you with your case.
Call the team at Bressman Law today at (877) 538-1116 for a free consultation about your accident.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Powell, call (877) 538-1116
Multiple Parties Might Be Responsible for Your Losses
Depending on the specific circumstances of the rear-end collision, more than one person might be responsible for your accident-related losses.
The driver who rear-ended your vehicle may be held liable for some or all of your losses. However, other potentially responsible parties for your collision include:
- The at-fault driver’s employer
- A local government if road conditions contributed to your accident
- A vehicle or parts manufacturer if a defect contributed to your collision
- Any other party whose actions or failures to act with due care contributed to your injury-related losses
Your lawyer will examine the available facts of your accident and determine who should be named as defendants in your lawsuit. Multiple parties could be held financially responsible for your accident-related losses.
A Lawyer Can Fight for the Compensation You Need
Whether you are entitled to compensation after a rear-end accident may come down to whether the accident was caused by someone else’s negligence. If the other driver or parties did not take the necessary steps to protect you from the risk of injury, they could be held responsible for your accident-related losses.
Some of the ways that a lawyer may aim to prove negligence include:
- Collecting and organizing evidence showing that one or more parties exposed you to an unreasonable risk of harm
- Documenting your injuries and showing the connection between your accident and the onset of your injuries
- Filing your lawsuit in the appropriate legal venue
- Consulting experts to provide testimony for your lawsuit
- Interviewing and documenting witness accounts of your accident, or forms of negligence that contributed to your accident
- Negotiating a settlement with attorneys for defendants named in your lawsuit
- Completing a trial if necessary
Your lawyer may also provide guidance, answer questions that you have throughout the course of your lawsuit, and defend your rights. Having a lawyer may prevent you from having to dedicate a great amount of time and effort to your lawsuit, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
Powell Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me (877) 538-1116
Call Bressman Law Today to Begin Your Rear-End Collision Case
The team at Bressman Law offers warm, supportive, and helpful representation. We aim to get the job done for every client. We can review your case if you have been in a rear-end collision in Powell and help you seek justice.
Call Bressman Law today at (877) 538-1116 for a free consultation regarding a Powell rear-end collisions lawyer’s services.