Lyft offers convenient transportation to a destination without charging a high amount. Lyft is typically a safe option because the company does background checks and keeps its driver’s driving records up to date. Unfortunately, even with all of the safety precautions, crashes with Lyft vehicles can still happen.
If you sustained injuries from a Lyft accident, our Lyft accident lawyer serving Powell, OH, could assist you. Bressman Law has handled many Lyft accident cases and can navigate the legal complexities they may bring. You can count on us to help you identify the liable party and pursue fair compensation.
Bressman Law Advocates for Those Injured in a Lyft Accident in Powell, OH
When you work with Bressman Law, you can expect us to provide the following throughout your case from start to finish.
- Experience: Our team has over 60 combined years of experience in the courtroom. It has helped us obtain favorable settlements for our clients. Our firm has served personal injury clients for over 30 years in Powell, OH, and surrounding areas.
- Communication: We have a unique communication system that allows us to stay in contact with our clients. You can always expect to get ahold of your attorney when you need something. We understand how stressful the claims or lawsuit process is, and good communication can alleviate some of that stress.
- Transparency: We are upfront and honest about your case from start to finish. If anything is going on in your case, we will tell you. We keep you in the loop with everything that could impact you or your case’s outcome.
We offer our experience, communication, and transparency to each client, but we personalize our approach to compensation based on the unique circumstances of their case.
Hear What Our Past Clients Have to Say About Our Firm
Our past clients have positive things to say about us because of the care we put into each case. If you’re on the fence about how our injury attorneys could help you with your case, check out some of our recent testimonials:
- “Fortunately a friend recommended David and I couldn’t have been happier. He took care of everything and explained the process in an easy to understand way. I’m happy to have this case closed and finally behind me.” -Aaron
- “You can trust this firm. You can depend on Mr. Bressman to treat you with dignity, professionalism and great care! He is thorough and effective. Do your part and he will do his. He was a great representative for me and I recommend his team” -Bari
- “David is perfect in a situation where calm and reasoning are needed. His ability to explain details in a clear manner is just what is needed in stressful situations. He also does a wonderful job getting to know you and your situation. It is the combination of these elements that makes Bressman Law the perfect legal firm to deal with.” – Tim
Go to our testimonials page to hear more about what our past clients have to say!
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accident attorney in Powell, call (614) 538-1116
You Could Recover Compensation From the Liable Party in a Lyf Accident Case
Determining who will pay for the damages after a Lyft accident can be trickier than your typical car accident case. According to Lyft, when the Lyft driver’s app is off, their personal insurance policy will typically cover the accident. However, if the app is on and they are waiting for a ride, driving to pick up a passenger, or having a passenger in their vehicle, Lyft’s insurance policy may cover the accident.
Once our firm determines liability, we can identify the damages you could recover. Potential damages you could recover after a Lyft accident include the following:
- Past and upcoming medical bills
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
Looking at your damages can give us a better idea of how much your case is worth.
Powell Lyft Accident Attorney (614) 538-1116
Common Causes of Lyft Accidents
Just like other road users, Lyft drivers have the same duty to follow the road rules and drive with reasonable care. Unfortunately, sometimes these drivers engage in unsafe driving behaviors that can cause an accident. Common causes of Lyft accidents include:
- Speeding: Lyft drivers make a living off the number of trips they complete. This could motivate them to drive faster. When Lyft drivers speed, it can significantly increase the possibility of an accident.
- Distracted driving: Lyft drivers could look at their cell phones, change the radio, or talk to passengers. All these behaviors are forms of distracted driving. When Lyft driver drives while distracted, they could lower their reaction time and have a higher probability of causing an accident.
- Fatigue: Lyft drivers could drive while tired if they work long hours. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), fatigued driving can have similar effects to intoxicated driving. This can impair a driver in many ways, significantly increasing the chance of causing a crash.
- Parking in unsafe areas: When Lyft drivers pick up or drop off a passenger, they could pull over into an unsafe area. Another vehicle could crash into them if they do not see them in time or if they don’t avoid hitting them.
Regardless of how the accident occurred, if we can hold the liable party accountable. You deserve to recover the compensation you need after suffering injuries because someone else acted negligently.
Click to contact our Powell, OH Rideshare Accident Lawyers today
Contact Bressman Law for Help With Your Lyft Accident Case Today
Connect with Bressman Law today for a free consultation if you’ve sustained an injury. You can speak to a member of our legal team about your accident.
After the consultation, our Lyft accident lawyer serving Powell, OH, can start building your case if you choose to work with our team. We offer our services at no upfront cost and only take payment if we settle or win your case.
Call or text (614) 538-1116 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form